Unequally Yolked

  • Thread starter Thread starter Angel173
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Angel173

Guest
I met my boyfriend about a month and a half ago. He doesnt believe in the bible because he thinks people couldve lied when they wrote the stories. I love him very very much and he said that if i explained to him Christianity and everything that he would listen. Im confused about how to start a conversation like that and also i know i should be with a Christian man but ive already started loving him to the point i dont want to lose him...any adult advice?
 
I am gonna tell you like I would tell my own kid. Break up with him! Tell him you really care about him but your faith comes first. It may sound rude or mean, but your actions will actually testify about Christ's love for him. As friends, you can still show him God's Word (or pray that God would send someone else along to do it). Good luck and God bless!
 
Because it's the right answer. And deep down you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. It's not easy, i know, but part of being a Christian is doing what is right over what feels good, or what we want.
And 'missionary dating', which is what you're considering, is not a valid concept.
 
I've been in a similar situation, Angel... to the point that I compromised my own convictions to be with the man I thought I loved; moved in with him; had my relationship with my parents get even more rocky when they refused to even meet him; end up pregnant out of wedlock; and end up marrying a man that I have proven over and over again not to have loved in the first place.
While I cannot say you don't love the man (I don't doubt you care for him) I have to ask: "How do you feel about your first love and His opinion on the subject?" Read Revelations 2:1-7... verses to the gentile church written them for edification purposes toward focusing with the mind of Christ. I will be the first to admit that I am a sinful, lustful, adulteress (lest my conscience as a hypocrite prick me) who is about as focused with the mind of Christ as a pig stomping on a pearl. I once had a heart thirsty for God that blushed at the thought of immorality... but once you start down the road of compromise it is easy to slip down a winding path off track. As a believer it's merely a detour... but detours are always inconvenient time wasters. Before looking at your relationship with a man that shows some semblance of acceptance of your faith look at your relationship with your First Love as the bride of Christ. Then look a mere 2 or 3 years down the road at the worst case scenario... your relationship with Christ being rocky and your having a conscience-pricked miserable relationship with your earthly significant other. Not a pretty picture, is it? Think of it this way. If you purposely enter into a more-than-casual physical or marital covenant with this man, unbeliever as he is, is it really love to drag him through the consequences that will undeniably come from God? If you truly love this man as God would have a believer to love a man of the opposite sex would you really wish upon him the certainty of guilt, consequences, and subsequent unhappiness?
True, no marriage is perfect whether between "equally yolked" or "unequally yolked" couples... but at least if you are equally yolked you have a shot at perfect harmony in the relationship. If there's anything I know about God it's that He always gets His way... even if it means chastening a child to show them He is the one that deserves ALL honor.
 
Angel, don't let it compromise your faith. Be strong in the Lord. I know it hurts but just trust in His perfect will for you... and to be compromise is not His will for you. First thing you should do is to PRAY. Second is to listen to the people who you believe can help you.

You are worth praying for... Angel, somewhere, someone is praying for you. And I am not sure if that boy who beats your heart is the one who deeply prays for you.
 
Mammachickadee;bt9444 said:
...but once you start down the road of compromise it is easy to slip down a winding path off track. As a believer it's merely a detour... but detours are always inconvenient time wasters. ...If there's anything I know about God it's that He always gets His way.

Amen & Amen.
 
It is better to feel hurt than being cut (deeep) in the heart!

No wonder many would feel unequally yoked (we are quite different, even inside HIS Church) the problems would arise if you marry one like that.

Spare yourself more suffering, ask GOD what to do.
 
Gods will is going to happen period..and what he intends for us is so much more than our minds can dream up! prayer and conversation with God helps in all things..
 
KBond;bt9440 said:
I am gonna tell you like I would tell my own kid. Break up with him! Tell him you really care about him but your faith comes first. It may sound rude or mean, but your actions will actually testify about Christ's love for him. As friends, you can still show him God's Word (or pray that God would send someone else along to do it). Good luck and God bless!

Ms. KBond: "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" Amos 3.3
 
Ugly;bt9443 said:
Because it's the right answer. And deep down you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. It's not easy, i know, but part of being a Christian is doing what is right over what feels good, or what we want.
And 'missionary dating', which is what you're considering, is not a valid concept.
Yes i know its right but i was waiting to see if i could help him to find God. And ive been praying and the pastor at my church did a sermon today about asking for instruction from God and not liking the outcome which i felt was aimed at me. I at least wanted to try to convert him to the Lord but i cant think of the words i would say to him
 
Angel, can you afford to let go your faith for him (boyfriend) and let Him (God) cry? I mean, God has a better plan. Allow God to move. It is only Him who can make him change. Just pray. pray.. and pray! no other moves but to pray for Him. What you need to do is to secure your faith and thats it. Let go the things that can hinder you in moving for Him... If you are really meant for each other, God will find a way.
 
Greatle;bt9480 said:
Angel, can you afford to let go your faith for him (boyfriend) and let Him (God) cry? I mean, God has a better plan. Allow God to move. It is only Him who can make him change. Just pray. pray.. and pray! no other moves but to pray for Him. What you need to do is to secure your faith and thats it. Let go the things that can hinder you in moving for Him... If you are really meant for each other, God will find a way.

Some sensible comments here.