unfair split up laws

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

paulou

the main reason that stops me from getting or meeting that perfect person to settle down with. or having a partneris that i worked really hard to get my apartment together, and done it all on my own. it is decked out totally in like 18 months will all be finished.the law is if you live with somebody and it doesn't work out you loose it all when or if you break up. i would like some input and views and thoughts on this topic. do you loose it all, the apartment ect. or loose half? should i look into it before i get serious with somebody , i mean see a lawyer on what to do?is there a way you can protect your posessions in relationships? i also know of a relationship that sterted in the early 20s and now in late50s with not many problems.i think there are advantages and disadvantages in this. advatages:lifetime of love.happiness and somebody to share life with in general but my disadvantages loosing all is more.do i stay single for ever because of this?i know it is only natural to want to be with that special person to share life with. i'm so busy with work and other affairs ike church too that i don't have time to let this get to me,i'm always motivated and busy.in the back of my mind i too think about how good it would be to have that special some one by my side.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
If those thigns are weighing on your mind so heavily.....then maybe it is a sign that you are not ready to be married.

You can't put material things or what you might LOSE when entering a marriage...noone can compete with that.

I understand what you are saying about having nice things and wanting to be responsible to take care of them...there is nothing wrong with that. But honoring God through a relationship has nothing to do with that at all. :)

And not sure if you were talking solely about marriage or not......if you were not, then I have to say that I am not in favor of living together before marriage. AND..I am not in favor of one getting married thinking *well, if this does not work out then we will just split up.*

Hope that made sense to you.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
Hi Paulo

I just googled it, and in Australia, you can lose things from a de facto breakup like property/superannuation/assets but only if they are owned jointly or if the defacto relationship has been going for at least two years.

I think that a Christian couple shouldn't live together until they're married, but if you're going to do it and you don't want to lose your stuff, then don't own things jointly with her and don't register your relationship for de facto status.

I

ilavjesus

im not planning to get married early...i still want to enjoy being single...but incase the time comes that im stable already...and want to find someone special..im not infavor also to live together with that person no matter how much i love him...i still want to get married first before living together...

L

Leilaii425

Look, Just do what me and my sister did when we had to share a room. Put masking tape down the center of the room, Make one side yours, the other side her. If either one of you crosses the tape, or touches the others stuff. you get to wack the other in the head with a spoon

grace

Sep 8, 2006
Look, Just do what me and my sister did when we had to share a room. Put masking tape down the center of the room, Make one side yours, the other side her. If either one of you crosses the tape, or touches the others stuff. you get to wack the other in the head with a spoon

Hey, whatever works to keep the romance alive! lol