University level arguments of Christian vs atheist and others

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
"Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?"

I think there were some liberal Sadducees who infiltrated their church or who had influenced
some members that needed correcting on this essential point. He explains in verses 13, 14 what
he's talking about with what is now revealed to be what he means by "unless ye have believed in
vain, his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain, if Christ be not risen, then is our
preaching vain, and your faith is also vain, if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.".
They didn't believe in the resurrection of the dead. They had no hope. And that is why they were sad you see.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
We must remember that there is a resurrection unto damnation as well as a resurrection unto life.
And we must remember that those two resurrections are separated by over 1,000 years. When Jesus used the term "the last day" it actually meant a long period of time. Just like "the last days" mean a long period of time (from the human perspective). From God's perspective a thousand years are as one day. And eternity cannot be measured.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Agreed! (y)

[one must understand this phrase in view of the entire rest of the context]
You put it better than I did.
Context is an important rule of interpretation. After examining the same words, phrases and Paul's audience, we see the clear picture.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
:oops:
I can relate to that.

We must remember that there is a resurrection unto damnation as well as a resurrection unto life.
Who's resurrection is he speaking about?
  1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
  2. 2 By which also ye are saved...
1. Brethren
2. To whom he declared the gospel...by which also ye are saved .
That much is the good resurrection.

Then he addresses,
The resurrection of Jesus upon which their resurrection depends.