Unsuccessfully seeking to be baptized

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2007
I am currently seeking baptism (through immersion) but have been unsuccessful since the pastor is never available, plus I work 12 hour shift work and I have been working a lot of overtime lately (I just got off right now of working an 18 hour shift to fill overtime) and I have to work about five more consecutive days of twelve hour shifts with possibly an 18 hour shift this Friday on days. My schedule is too fell and I haven't been able to find the time nor been able to get a hold of the pastor due to the high volume of overtime and due to the times when I'm off work, he ain't available. If anyone can help me out with any advice, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks

B

Baptistrw

I am currently seeking baptism (through immersion) but have been unsuccessful since the pastor is never available, plus I work 12 hour shift work and I have been working a lot of overtime lately (I just got off right now of working an 18 hour shift to fill overtime) and I have to work about five more consecutive days of twelve hour shifts with possibly an 18 hour shift this Friday on days. My schedule is too fell and I haven't been able to find the time nor been able to get a hold of the pastor due to the high volume of overtime and due to the times when I'm off work, he ain't available. If anyone can help me out with any advice, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks
Take a day off work?

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
You are a hard worker and thank God for your conviction and obedience. Maybe you should take a day off, if you can, or your next day off and make arrangements ahead of time. It's best if you have your local church pastor baptize you, but an elder can do it as well or even a deacon. There is nothing in the scriptures that prohibits or disqualifies these others from baptizing.

Jan 31, 2009
what is more important for you work or baptism?
But I guess we could say that the man on the cross beside Jesus, was too busy to get baptized and it didn't effect His salvation any. Find a preacher that believes in the Spirit baptism, won't take but just a few minutes

Ac 19:1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,Ac 19:2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.Ac 19:3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.Ac 19:4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.Ac 19:5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.Ac 19:6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Quote: 'But I guess we could say that the man on the cross beside Jesus, was too busy to get baptized and it didn't effect His salvation any'.

Maybe you would like to explain to everybody what you mean by that statement .

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
I've seen students in Thailand trying so hard to get baptized. Their church says they gotta study the Bible a lot and wait a year.. another church they talk to says they gotta schedule it for next month... another one says if they're baptized by them then they're baptized into that particular local church... etc etc. I saw one girl in this situation, and she finally found one Thai Baptist pastor willing to do it, but it had to be on their trip to the northern mountains. So she travelled with them all the way up north, just to get baptized. Then when they got there, it was kinda cold, so the Baptist pastor said "it's too cold, so we'll just sprinkle ya"... and he just sprinkled her. :D

Man what a lot of trouble just to get sprinkled!!! :D

P.S. This is a TRUE story.. I knew her personally :) .. needless to say, she was a bit disappointed :)

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
But in the Bible baptism was always immediate.. and simple.... and important.

So, Shyness, keep trying bro! :)

S

SimpliCT

Hi Shyness I think you could schedule a day with your Pastor or anyone else in the church who can perform baptism, then take the day off work. Just as we go out of our way to fulfill the things of the world e.g work in your case, we should also do the same for God.... So makes some sacrifice. Amen God Bless and I hope you get to fulfill your hearts desire soon.

Jan 31, 2009
Quote: 'But I guess we could say that the man on the cross beside Jesus, was too busy to get baptized and it didn't effect His salvation any'.

Maybe you would like to explain to everybody what you mean by that statement .
I don't know what there is not to understand, the man on the cross with Jesus was not water baptised, Jesus didn't tell him to get yourself down from that Cross and go get water baptised if you want to be with me. so if one person got in without water baptism and God is not a respect of persons, then I would be bibical correct to say that others can get in without water baptism, show me from scriptures where Moses and Elias was ever wated baptised, they were seen with Jesus at the mount of transfiguration.
Jesus and John the Baptist and Paul preached another baptism from the one John baptised with water.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
I don't know what there is not to understand, the man on the cross with Jesus was not water baptised, Jesus didn't tell him to get yourself down from that Cross and go get water baptised if you want to be with me. so if one person got in without water baptism and God is not a respect of persons, then I would be bibical correct to say that others can get in without water baptism, show me from scriptures where Moses and Elias was ever wated baptised, they were seen with Jesus at the mount of transfiguration.
Jesus and John the Baptist and Paul preached another baptism from the one John baptised with water.
It is good to know that is what you meant. I was asking for clarification and you gave it. Thanks BLC

Dec 24, 2008
Romans 10:9 and 10 are all you need.
It says to confess Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart God raised Jesus from the dead and THOU SHALT BE SAVED.

All the water in the world won't get a person saved, but doing what the Word of God says.

You are God's best.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
We shouldn't have a minimalist approach to serving God.

"Is this necessary for my salvation? Will I go to hell if I don't do it? Then okay it's not essential; I don't need to do it."

If the Bible says to do it -- if God says to do it -- if Jesus said to do it, then do it :) simple as that.

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - Jesus

Dec 24, 2008
You might also want to add to your scripture list what Jesus Christ said himself in Acts 1: 4 and 5

M

MaggieMye

Scripture does not specify WHO can do a baptism. It needs only to be a mature believer. Brand new converts were batpized immediiately in scripture. Find a mature Christian friend who is willing. It does not take any degree of theology, seminary or Bible school to be qualified to baptize some one! All it takes is an obedient, servant-type heart.
MaggieM

Jan 31, 2009
Scripture does not specify WHO can do a baptism. It needs only to be a mature believer. Brand new converts were batpized immediiately in scripture. Find a mature Christian friend who is willing. It does not take any degree of theology, seminary or Bible school to be qualified to baptize some one! All it takes is an obedient, servant-type heart.
MaggieM
we do have man made laws some states I think ,require a licensed ministry to baptize

M

MaggieMye

But those are MAN's laws and not Biblical. So GOD will honor it regardless.
Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.