UPHELD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
"war and (rumors of wars),,",,,,,,,,,,,,look close at the www,,,,,,,,"face book was said on the news to be responsible for the uprisings in the countries ousting their leaders,,i.e.Egypt,,labia,siria,,,,,,,,ect,,,,"rumers",,,,,,,,,,rfid,,,,,,"rumers",,,,iraq,,afganistan,,,,,,,,,,,"real wars",,,,,,,,,,,,,,and Egypt and lybia will be at their steps",,,,,,,,,,,,isaiah 19,,,,,egypt,,,,,,look for yourselves,,,,,he will heal them but first they will have a cruel ruler "muslim",,,,,,,,,and the whole while you are chasing the "rumors",,,,,you are searching the internet and believing everything you see,,,,,,you copy and paste it,,,,,,,,,,,,,

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
a little more information "turned the waters',,,,,,,,,,,look at the laws ,as pertaining egypt,,,,,,,,above the nile they built dams "turned the river",,,,,,,and now the water does not flow into egypt as it did in the days of old,,,,,,,,,,they cannot cast their nets where they did in the days of old,,,,it is dry land now,,,,,,,,,,,it did not dry up by nature "they turned it,men",as scripture said Isaiah19,,,,,,,,,

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
This isnt going to help anyone but the insurance company

Blu_Bug

Banned: consistant JW herecy
Jun 15, 2012
The supreme court cannot create new laws. That is done by the legislative branches of the government -- congress (senate and reps). The job of the judicial branch of government is to rule on existing law (the constitution), not to create new laws.
I can see how you might think, if you read the ruling, that it looks like a new law.
In layman's terms, here's what happened:
The wording of the law bent over backwards to avoid the word "tax." They called it a "penalty" or an "opt-out fee." What the Supreme Court did was say, "No, it's a tax. In fact, if it weren't a tax, it would be unconstitutional, because you can't force people to buy things they don't want to buy. But because it IS a tax, it is constitutional, because congress does have the right to levy a tax. So quit pretending it isn't a tax, fess up, call the spade the spade, and move on."

It may take lawyers several weeks to decipher what, exactly, the ruling did. The mandate still stands, but with no teeth, it might as well be removed, for all the good it will do.

Now this I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you provide a source for your information on this, so I can figure out what you mean?

Woah, tax a qualude, dude. Yes, Obama and all the lawmakers like to play silly word games about "it's a penalty, it's not a tax...." I'm a professional tax preparer. I know very well how those games work. There are taxes, credits, deductions, exemptions, they all mean different things, but in the end, it's all word games.

As for "being lied to," we're all being lied to. The government has been lying to us for decades. Obama is no worse (though no better, I admit) than the 5 presidents before him. I think Carter was the last honest president we had. And he was ineffective, because he was honest.

Now as for your final comment in that rant, "All I can assume is your on the govt free program,"
See, my fellow CCers get on my case for correcting posters' grammar and spelling, but you see, when you type stuff like that, I have no idea what you're saying, and I really can't decipher it. Why bother logging on if you're not going to take a little effort to communicate in a way that people can understand what you're saying?

(1) I have no idea to whom this is directed.
(2) I'm not sure what you mean by "govt free program." I'm guessing you mean programs like welfare, though of this is what you mean, that is highly offensive, especially on a Christian board, to belittle someone for being poor. My goodness didn't your mother teach you manners? So I hope I am incorrect in that guess. Perhaps you mean some program that is free from government, like some of those cults who live off the grid? Not that that is much better, but I would hope any Christian would never insult someone who was already so down-and-out that they had to live on food stamps. I am flabbergasted that anyone would be so crass.
(3) Whatever you mean by "govt free program," I'm not sure how you could "assume" that someone is on such a program based on a post. You know what they say about "assume." And Obama's party is symbolized by the ass.

By the way, do you know where the government spends most of its money? Just curious if you are aware.

Well, integrity went out the window about half way through your rant here, but I assure you, I know I'm being lied to, and I am not happy about it. Why do you think I protest?

Well to be polite, the United Supreme Court can write law from the bench, it was JUST done, read the ruling. Health care was voted on as a NO TAX item, again NO TAX ITEM......what part dont you understand by NO TAX ITEM? You have NOT read the ruling, it shows

Your question of where the govt spends its money is not a vaild question, UNLESS you like to accept little pie shaped answers, I hate to bust your bubble, but the govt doesnt knw where the money is spent. No one knws where 900 Billion went.

Im not here to give you a govt lesson, the United States Constitution allows for the Govt to build a MILITARY for defense, never to give money away.

You really need a def: of a Govt FREE Program? Its a Program you dont PAY for and receive a benefit.

And as for you being FLABBERGASTED about a Christian talking of Govt Programs, MUST I remind you that YOU started this form page. For a true Christian doesnt get involved with GOD and what belongs to Ceaser.

As far as what my Mother either did or didnt do, is NONE of your BUSNINESS IS IT? When wrong attack a mother. or tell them of a foolish 2 yr olds education....Be DONE!!!!!

T

TheGrungeDiva

Well to be polite, the United Supreme Court can write law from the bench, it was JUST done, read the ruling. Health care was voted on as a NO TAX item, again NO TAX ITEM......what part dont you understand by NO TAX ITEM? You have NOT read the ruling, it shows
Yes, you're polite. Just wrong. The court ruling was not a "law." It was an interpretation of a law that has already passed. Whether or not you have read the ruling doesn't matter. If it's a "ruling" it's not a "law." By definition.

Im not here to give you a govt lesson
Clearly, you need one, because you are confusing "laws" and "rulings."

There are three branches of the US government: legislative, judicial, and executive. The judicial branch does not write laws, the legislative branch does that. It is the judicial branch's job to decide, based on those laws, on the matters that come before it. These decisions are called "rulings."

By definition, a "ruling" is not a law, it is a ruling. A law is a law. They are two different things, coming from two different branches of our government. The judicial branch writes rulings, not laws. The legislative branch writes laws, not rulings. That's the way our government works, and has for almost 230 years now. It's called "checks and balances," and as the story goes, is the worst system in the world except for everything else.

Your question of where the govt spends its money is not a vaild question, UNLESS you like to accept little pie shaped answers, I hate to bust your bubble, but the govt doesnt knw where the money is spent. No one knws where 900 Billion went.
LOL. Well, yes, there are big holes in the government. However, departments in the government are audited annually, and the results of those audits are published for the public. Of course, if you want "pie-shaped answers" (I like that, btw, nice phrase), it all depends on who is reporting the data. I'm an accountant. I know this stuff. You can manipulate numbers to say anything you want ... within a framework, at least. But the "pie-shaped answers" the government gives (The White House) are actually pretty accurate and non-biased.

the United States Constitution allows for the Govt to build a MILITARY for defense, never to give money away.
And that's the big "red and blue" debate raging now. The constitution says the government needs to "promote the general Welfare" of the people. What one person thinks is "providing welfare" another person thinks is "giving money away." In my opinion, "general welfare" would include things like health, food, basic housing.... But I know not everyone agrees with me. That's why we have the three branches of government. And lots of political debates.

You really need a def: of a Govt FREE Program? Its a Program you dont PAY for and receive a benefit.
Well, yes, I needed to know what you meant by the phrase. There are lots of things I don't pay for and receive a benefit. Watching a rainstorm, going for a walk, PRAYING, duh! But I think this is what you mean: "A program provided by taxpayer dollars in which people receive benefits regardless of ability to pay." So, public education would be one example. Streets (not including toll roads) would be another.

So let's see ... I do partake of our city's library from time to time. So yes, I guess I'm on a "government free program." And do you ever walk on sidewalks, drive, or ride your bicycle on any roads? Then you are on a "government free program," too. That internet you're using? You can thank the government for that, too.

As far as what my Mother either did or didnt do, is NONE of your BUSNINESS IS IT?
I have no idea where this came from. I re-read my post, and I don't see any reference to your mother.

When wrong attack a mother.
Or better yet, when losing an argument, pretend the other person made a slur or insult that they never made. Hey, it works in Washington.

Blu_Bug

Banned: consistant JW herecy
Jun 15, 2012
THEGRUNGEDIVA
"Quote" (2) I'm not sure what you mean by "govt free program." I'm guessing you mean programs like welfare, though of this is what you mean, that is highly offensive, especially on a Christian board, to belittle someone for being poor. My goodness didn't your mother teach you manners?

You seem to write alot to forget so soon, I'll accept your apology.

T

TheGrungeDiva

THEGRUNGEDIVA
"Quote" (2) I'm not sure what you mean by "govt free program." I'm guessing you mean programs like welfare, though of this is what you mean, that is highly offensive, especially on a Christian board, to belittle someone for being poor. My goodness didn't your mother teach you manners?

You seem to write alot to forget so soon, I'll accept your apology.
You are correct. I'm sorry I forgot about that comment.

Spartacus1122

Banned [Reason: insulting CC admin in previous pos
Jun 9, 2012
But how is this not socialized medicine? Honest question.

^THIS;)
It is a form of it (Obamacare that is).

How is the moron-in-chief expecting to pay its TRILLIONS in costs, when only half of the country pays taxes?!?
Robin Hood politics never got anyone anywhere.

And if you think the northern European countries are models, think again: smaller population numbers, higher salaries, strong export of raw materials, and EVERYONE pays taxes.