UPLIFTING STORY!!! TN woman gives birth: 'I didn't know I was pregnant'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
My friend, Amanda and her husband Billy have tried for years to have a baby. Amanda has sufferend from depression for years by so many unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant. I have known Amanda since I was a little girl. She is a wonderful, and Godly woman and God has blessed her and her husband after all these years!

Here is her story.

Posted: May 03, 2012 4:55 PM CDTUpdated: May 03, 2012 5:31 PM CDT
Reported by Terry Bulger - email

LAWRENCEBURG, TN (WSMV) - A Middle Tennessee couple is calling their days-old daughter a "miracle baby," and part of that miracle is that the new mother never even knew she was pregnant.
Amanda Prentice and her husband, Billy, have been trying to get pregnant for years.
So imagine the excitement last month when doctors told the Lawrenceburg, TN, family she was pregnant.
And imagine the surprise, just five hours later, when Amanda became a mom.
"This is Allie McKinley Rose," Amanda Prentice said. "She's a miracle."
Little Allie's birthday story will turn heads for the rest of her life.
April 23, 2012, began with her mother suffering mysterious seizures. Her husband quickly took her to the hospital in Lawrenceburg, where doctors said Amanda's life was in danger.
"So they LifeFlighted me to Vanderbilt Hospital," Amanda Prentice said.
The diagnosis: complications from pregnancy.
It was shocking news to the Prentice family, and news Amanda first heard two days later after falling unconscious.
"The doctor came in and said, 'I've got good news and bad news,'" Amanda Prentice said. "He said, 'your blood pressure has skyrocketed here in the last few days, but you've got a baby.'"
The arrival was Allie Prentice, weighing in at 5 pounds and 5 ounces, who came as a surprise to the mother who never knew she was pregnant.
"I never felt her move," Amanda Prentice said. "I wore the same clothes that I had worn for two years."
"The only signs she had was her feet and ankles had swollen up, and that was it," Billy Prentice said.
Now, cards of congratulations and birthday wishes are pouring in from across Lawrence County.
"We had been trying for four years and didn't think this was gonna happen," Amanda Prentice said.
"We had talked about adopting, and now we've got our miracle baby," Bill Prentice said.
And it's quite the miracle story.
"Five hours after they first told me she was pregnant, I was a dad. Where most people have eight or nine months, I had five hours," Billy Prentice said.
Both mother and baby are doing great.
The family also wanted to thank the staff at Vanderbilt Medical Center for all their fine work in turning what had the beginnings of a tragic April 23, into such a joyous one.
Copyright WSMV 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

D

djness

With as much as woman are always saying about guys have no idea what it is like to be pregnant, I never understand how a woman cannot know. At least they both are in good condition though.

V

violakat

With as much as woman are always saying about guys have no idea what it is like to be pregnant, I never understand how a woman cannot know. At least they both are in good condition though.
It does happen. You don't hear it often, but it does. There's even a show based on women who had babies and didn't know they were pregnant until they give birth.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I don't know how a woman can't know she is pregnant, but it does happen at times. I KNEW I was pregnant before the test was positive(all 8 of them), yet my mom was 5 months along before she knew I was in her.

Amanda is heavy set, and has some minor health issues. She could have mistaken the pregnancy symptoms for other ailments. The story said she had been trying to get pregnant for 4 years, but she married in 1997, and has been trying to get pregnant since she got married. So if she had any symptoms she probably brushed them off as something else. She is 34 now, and pretty much gave up on having children.

Jul 25, 2005
I know this is the second reference I've made to the movie Alien on here in the last week, but that one particular famous scene is all I can think of.

*Well look here, I was carrying a seven pound eleven ounce being not far from my stomach and *pow*