US Homeschool Resources

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tdrew777

Though I am a US citizen, trips home are rare. We are going there presently and may not return for 5-7 years. My children are now 2 and 1, but will be much older when we return. Since shipping is very expensive, this may be my best opportunity to bring western homeschool materials into our country (Tajikistan). What are the best materials that my children (and perhaps a few select friends) will need over the next 5-7 years? Who has the best Christian homeschool program?

H

hattiebod

God Bless you in your work for the Lord and in protecting your precious family on your travels. I do not know of a specific program, we have different ones in the UK anyway but you could get online to an org that deals with home schooling? we have such online resources here and I am sure there are similar in US. Then you could have a look at whats available, read other parents feedback and get an idea what would best suit your needs?
I am sure you have thought of this already...but all the best with your research!
<><

A

Ariel82

Though I am a US citizen, trips home are rare. We are going there presently and may not return for 5-7 years. My children are now 2 and 1, but will be much older when we return. Since shipping is very expensive, this may be my best opportunity to bring western homeschool materials into our country (Tajikistan). What are the best materials that my children (and perhaps a few select friends) will need over the next 5-7 years? Who has the best Christian homeschool program?
I haven't looked at them but when I was thinking of homeschooling my kids this series was recommended to me:

http://www.abeka.com/

I believe it is used by the Christian Academy close to our house.

A

Ariel82

Homeschool Curriculum - Christianbook.com'

here is another website.

personally I would find the titles/isbn numbers and then buy them from either Amazon or Ebay used to save money.

However if you want to have them for a while or if a lot of students will be using them, you might just want to buy them new.

:) good luck and if your kids ever want to skype mine, just send me a pm. My daughter turns 5 in a few weeks and my son is 7 going on 21 lol.

D

DannyC

Just went onto that Abeka site, and as far as I read into on the biology textbooks, it seemed wrong. I didn't get to check out the other subjects, but the stuff that book saying saying in regards to biology was wrong.

A

Ariel82

Just went onto that Abeka site, and as far as I read into on the biology textbooks, it seemed wrong. I didn't get to check out the other subjects, but the stuff that book saying saying in regards to biology was wrong.
??? it doesn't teach evolution. haven't read any of the textbook, but i think that was the appeal to some.

what's "wrong" with it besides that? and how did you get to read the textbook online?

D

DannyC

??? it doesn't teach evolution. haven't read any of the textbook, but i think that was the appeal to some.

what's "wrong" with it besides that? and how did you get to read the textbook online?
You can read some of the text as a sample, and a whole section is dedicated to 'evolution is not science' I don't think it's a leap to say I know what they are teaching. I just wouldn't recommend a 'science' text book that decides what it gets to call science, whether or not the scientific community agree.