US tax money used for religious education?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheGrungeDiva

Here's another >>>ARTICLE<<< I read, and I would be interested in hearing comments from other Christians on this.

What would you do if you found your tax dollars were being used to support Muslim schools?

Do you think tax dollars should be used to support Christian schools?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
That woman is a moron. You cant have government support of some religious schools but not all. She is closeminded and seems bigoted. Oh well glad she isnt from my state. And yes I have absolutely no problem with funds being given to religious schools of all beliefs simply because the education of children is more important than some tea-party fueled fear of another group of people.

F

Foxxtale

When they say they want &#8220;religious freedom,&#8221; they&#8217;re only referring to their own faith.
that kinda sums it up right there...

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? (2 Cor. 6:14)
when you try to mix Christianity into government, when you try to mandate faith in a fallen world, one of two things happens: either you begin to compromise and the darkness of the world swallows up and perverts the truth (as has happened here and numerous times throughout history), or else the world flat out rejects it. Faith in Jesus Christ is a personal choice, and cannot be mandated, no matter how good the intention is.

P

psychomom

I liked all that "atheistic kindness" seen in the comments after the article...lol

Laughter aside, it does make a nice demonstration that when you utterly reject God, the Love goes with it.

K

kayem77

Funny how an atheist website talks so much about God, especifically about the Christian God and the Bible. I wonder how they can't see their contradiction...blind people.

K

kayem77

Passing that law wasn't probably the best decision since there are many religions in the States nowadays...

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
I don't care what ceaser does with his. The Lord takes care of His children more than you know.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
I would be most cautious against state funding of any religion in most places of the earth.

The normal mode should be that each religion funds itself within the legal existing framework in each respective region.

As for Islam in particular, it can be a threat to non-muslims regardless of how it is funded.