Using Church as a Dating Service

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 13, 2009
I don't think it's wrong to meet people in church for a possible relationship. A church would be the first place in our minds where we can find possible christian mates, but it shouldn't be our first priority when going to a church.
I think what's important is remembering what the church is for: sharing your faith, fellowship, praising, etc. If we focus ourselves in other things, then we would somehow be changing the purpose of the church.
Either way, meeting people at church for a relationship isn't bad. It's better than let's say...a singles cruise or an abortion clinic lol.

Jun 15, 2011
Ah, Persecuted? Has anyone told you that lots of your posts read like crazyrants, or is this the first time? :) I hesitated to get involved in this thread, but here goes: In another thread, (I think it was called "does God really have a girlfriend for me"), I asked you why you want a girlfriend so badly, since your opinion of females appeared to be so low. Here is you response: " I ask myself that very question quite often. I guess there is something strangely addictive about their pretty yet vacant faces, their curvy legs and hips and bouncy things and I suppose it feels like moral obligation to provide myself to one of these millions of poor creatures looking for a man to think for them. But you're right, the contradictory female outlooks of "I need a man to take care of me." and their false "Anything a man can do I can do equally well." that present day chicks all seem to simultaneously hold make chicks a bit of a hard thing to stomach." Now, I'm not calling you a predator or anything, but does that sound like the words of someone who would have a girl's best interests at heart? Not in my opinion. GOD WILL NOT GIVE YOU A GODLY LADY UNTIL you learn to appreciate her for something other than her "pretty yet vacant face" and (cringe) "bouncy things". You are in need of a serious spiritual overhaul, whether you are willing to admit it or not. Jesus will fix you up, if you'll let Him. Speaking of Jesus, have you ever accepted Him as your savior? If not, then PLEASE, for your own sake, do so immediately. I see a lot of pain in your posts, and we would All love to see it go away, so that you can start living the full and complete life that God has for you, but you need to surrender EVERYTHING to him. I pray that you do so.
Yup, those were my words all right. Classic, truly classic. Such brillant honesty in a world of liars and frauds.

Well thanks for showing up despite your reservations. Guess my response to THIS post would be:

since so many of you believe that GOD himself is giving all of the women out, why are there all of these women on here who think they need to intervene???????? What, are you saying GOD tells people to? And then tells them to let things go in other circumstances because, I think we have mostly agreed on here that there are apparently many "good Christian girls" running off with complete trash..... SOOOOOOO..... why this strange religious belief that just for me GOD is apparently holding out? Yup, just for me. Just for me.... or at least I have to believe that with the "GOD is deciding" story when I can see very clearly the mostly unGodly relationships of the present day.

Spiritual overhaul? Where am I going to get that from when the only churches I know of are committed to NOTHING but raising and throwing money at places like Haiti without daring to ask for any "spiritual overhaul" off yonder. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention but its the churches themselves that have ME cringing and writing the stuff I do and wondering, did God maybe send me as his jackhammer to smarten up the extreme wandering from God in the present day churches?

J

Jullianna

Snackersmom: Thanks for restoring my sanity. J I was beginning to think I might have landed on a planet in a dream where men could make repeated lewd comments about women and call it an “accusation” when their repeated bad behavior was called into question. I do have to say that I found myself laughing and wondering whether I was developing Alzheimer’s or something, as each day’s waterboarding was an entirely different topic and I was somehow being held to account for the acts and omission of total strangers. J I was like..wow…no wonder I feel so tired if I’ve been doing all of these horrible things in my sleep. J Sybil ain’t got nuttin’ on me *twitch twitch*

Henry: AMEN <3 J

May 6, 2011
I don't understand why you would write something so long and still not answer my questions. To your P.S.S., nice claim, but in this particular case YOU YOURSELF chose to accuse me of being a "predator". Yet, you still haven't been able to define what this word means or what gives you the special right to be the one that gets to assign this tag, especially since on previous threads you have argued that Christians have no right to judge. I maintain that your usage of this ill-defined word is actually EXTREMELY judgemental and it mirrors the hypocracy I have been experiencing from present day Christians. Certain groups get a complete pass on their behaviour, but since I'm a heterosexual white male you may throw all the vitriol at me you please. I am yet to find that passage in the BIBLE that justifies this acceptance of differing standards for different groups but know it has existed for a long time within the political correct movement that is man made and has shown nothing but disdain for Christianity before its recent intrusion into the churches.

I'm further sorry that you are unable to understand my arguments. I did not ask you what you have done for Katrina victims but rather why you would condemn people for being "un-Christian" if they did not want a group of people coming into their area when every reasonable expectation would be that the incoming group would cause lots of physical and social harm to the community yet you are an advocate of preventative measures against any and all males in their twenties or above who you think might date someone YOU don't think they should.
Oh you poor poor unfortunate soul...woe is you

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
No prob, Julianna. I figured that you were referring to this thread when you mentioned "Quixotic" :) Now, Persecuted: I'm not talking about the state of most churches, I'm talking about YOU, and your relationship with Jesus. You didn't answer my question: Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? It's the most important question you'll ever face, so give it some thought. If you haven't, then please do so, in order for this train-wreck to end. If you already have, then great! But it's high time you started following Him in earnest. You don't need a good church for a spiritual overhaul (you are correct, they are hard to find, and seldom have their priorities in order) because all you need is Jesus. Unload on Him. Everything. Get it all out, until the pain stops. Ask Him to make you a new creature, with proper thinking and perspective. And listen, really listen to what He speaks to your heart. If you do this with a contrite heart, really wanting to change, then I know that He will hear you and help you. But you have to accept His death on the cross as your free ticket to happiness and holiness, because none of us humans would ever be good enough on our own, myself definitely included. Please, I dare you, accept this challenge. Many of us on this site have been reading your posts with our hearts aching for you, knowing the pain that you are obviously experiencing. And, Yes, in answer to your question, God did tell me to get involved. Maybe this is your hour of deliverance from all the pain and torment. I'm praying for you.

Jun 15, 2011
I'm sure Jesus understands my weaknesses and has it all figured out already. Besides, I hear if you go too far with trying to be pure before God you start to see the future and its not such a good or easy thing.

J

Jullianna

No prob, Julianna. I figured that you were referring to this thread when you mentioned "Quixotic" :) Now, Persecuted: I'm not talking about the state of most churches, I'm talking about YOU, and your relationship with Jesus. You didn't answer my question: Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? It's the most important question you'll ever face, so give it some thought. If you haven't, then please do so, in order for this train-wreck to end. If you already have, then great! But it's high time you started following Him in earnest. You don't need a good church for a spiritual overhaul (you are correct, they are hard to find, and seldom have their priorities in order) because all you need is Jesus. Unload on Him. Everything. Get it all out, until the pain stops. Ask Him to make you a new creature, with proper thinking and perspective. And listen, really listen to what He speaks to your heart. If you do this with a contrite heart, really wanting to change, then I know that He will hear you and help you. But you have to accept His death on the cross as your free ticket to happiness and holiness, because none of us humans would ever be good enough on our own, myself definitely included. Please, I dare you, accept this challenge. Many of us on this site have been reading your posts with our hearts aching for you, knowing the pain that you are obviously experiencing. And, Yes, in answer to your question, God did tell me to get involved. Maybe this is your hour of deliverance from all the pain and torment. I'm praying for you.
excellent post. I'll pray with you too

a small part of the quixotic thing was related to this, but mostly things I needed to let go of too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Oooooookay, you're still avoiding my question, dancing all around it like Bojangles on a Red Bull I.V. :) Yes, Jesus understands your weaknesses, and, yes He has them already figured out. But He's a gentleman, and He doesn't force Himself on those who don't want Him in their life. Look, if you haven't accepted Him as your savior, it's OK. maybe you're just not ready. There's no shame in being honest with yourself. But you need to be honest. We're not here to judge you, we love you and want what's best for you. If you're having trouble believing, why not level with God? He's big enough to handle anything we throw at Him. Tell Him about your reservations, and ask Him to show you The Way. If you're doubting the diety of Christ, then tell Him that, too. He won't be offended, He likes us to be honest with Him. Just be sure to approach Him with a contrite heart and an open mind, and be ready to receive what He shows you. I believe that the Holy Spirit may be working on your heart right now, I just got a prayer burden for you. He loves you, Persecuted, and He's not ready to give up on you, and neither am I.

Jun 15, 2011
lol... if you're so right, why is that when I pray the conception that I get is so different than the conception that you get?

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
lol... if you're so right, why is that when I pray the conception that I get is so different than the conception that you get?
Your conception is different because you are still more worried about being right than you are about finding truth. Forget about who is right, forget about your perspective vs. my perspective, because neither of our opinions amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. The only perspective that matters here is God's, and you need to put aside your ego for long enough to hear what He's telling you. Look, I know it's hard to humble yourself before God. Sometimes I drag my feet, just like you're doing now. But your soul will not find peace until you do. And, from the looks of your posts, It's clear that you could use some peace. Stop running from His Love, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. :) There is also another aspect to your tribulation that I am hesitant to bring up, but God said to, so here goes: I have noticed in some of your posts a tiny, rational, intelligent voice that appears to be drowning in a chorus of negativity, accusations, self-doubt, and double-mindedness. The rational, intelligent voice is the REAL you. The other voices, I'm afraid, are demons. They may be there through no fault of your own, so don't blame yourself, but it's high time that the little snot-bags stopped controlling your life. Jesus wants to deliver you, but you've GOT to accept him first. It's the only way to be free from the torment we both know you're experiencing. I'm still praying for you.

T

toddseyes

Thank you for sharing this Michele. Very important to be wholey with God before you can being part of someone else.

Jun 15, 2011
Your conception is different because you are still more worried about being right than you are about finding truth. Forget about who is right, forget about your perspective vs. my perspective, because neither of our opinions amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. The only perspective that matters here is God's, and you need to put aside your ego for long enough to hear what He's telling you. Look, I know it's hard to humble yourself before God. Sometimes I drag my feet, just like you're doing now. But your soul will not find peace until you do. And, from the looks of your posts, It's clear that you could use some peace. Stop running from His Love, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. :) There is also another aspect to your tribulation that I am hesitant to bring up, but God said to, so here goes: I have noticed in some of your posts a tiny, rational, intelligent voice that appears to be drowning in a chorus of negativity, accusations, self-doubt, and double-mindedness. The rational, intelligent voice is the REAL you. The other voices, I'm afraid, are demons. They may be there through no fault of your own, so don't blame yourself, but it's high time that the little snot-bags stopped controlling your life. Jesus wants to deliver you, but you've GOT to accept him first. It's the only way to be free from the torment we both know you're experiencing. I'm still praying for you.
Oh, let's just cut straight to it then. Why is it that when I read the bible and pray to God I am enlightened with visions of how God wants to completely annihilate places like Haiti and yet so many of you are claiming the opposite? How am I to be at one with you in this strange peace you claim when you're passing buckets to raise money for causes that God is telling me are contrary to his wishes? How am I to be at one with you when the most fervent bottom of my heart love for God is for a beautiful wonderful creator with a temperment that most of you slander and say he doesn't have at all?

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Oh, so you were referring to your WORLDVIEW conception being different from mine. How do you know what my worldview is? Because I told you that God loves you, that Jesus died to save you? If you feel that these statements are contrary to the heart of God, then I feel for you even more, because it tells me that you have never experienced the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. As far as worldview goes, Yes, God does punish at times, there is proof of that in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, but He doesn't enjoy doing it anymore than a good parent would enjoy punishing their child. He allows things like natural disasters to happen to remind us that He's still in charge, and to make us look heavenward. God did not create us so that He could hate us. But it doesn't matter if you are "At One" with me on our worldviews. What matters is that you accept Jesus' offer to pull you out of the pit of torment and despair that you are currently in. Until you accept Jesus into your heart, your view of God's heart will NOT be accurate, because NO ONE comes unto the Father but through Jesus. So quit playing this cat-and-mouse game with me. I am tired of seeing you dodge the REAL issue here, the only important question that I have asked you, and the only one that you have refused to answer. I will ask you one more time, but if you don't give me a straight-up 'yes or no' answer, then I will have to end my involvement here, and just let God deal with you, because it is clear that you are not listening to me. Here is the question: Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from your sin, and do you accept His death as your free ticket to heaven? The ball is in your court, Persecuted. Don't mess it up this time.

Jun 15, 2011
Oh, so you were referring to your WORLDVIEW conception being different from mine. How do you know what my worldview is? Because I told you that God loves you, that Jesus died to save you? If you feel that these statements are contrary to the heart of God, then I feel for you even more, because it tells me that you have never experienced the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. As far as worldview goes, Yes, God does punish at times, there is proof of that in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, but He doesn't enjoy doing it anymore than a good parent would enjoy punishing their child. He allows things like natural disasters to happen to remind us that He's still in charge, and to make us look heavenward. God did not create us so that He could hate us. But it doesn't matter if you are "At One" with me on our worldviews. What matters is that you accept Jesus' offer to pull you out of the pit of torment and despair that you are currently in. Until you accept Jesus into your heart, your view of God's heart will NOT be accurate, because NO ONE comes unto the Father but through Jesus. So quit playing this cat-and-mouse game with me. I am tired of seeing you dodge the REAL issue here, the only important question that I have asked you, and the only one that you have refused to answer. I will ask you one more time, but if you don't give me a straight-up 'yes or no' answer, then I will have to end my involvement here, and just let God deal with you, because it is clear that you are not listening to me. Here is the question: Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from your sin, and do you accept His death as your free ticket to heaven? The ball is in your court, Persecuted. Don't mess it up this time.

I disagree with you on this. I go and take step #1 (accepting Jesus into my heart) and then comes step #2 (finding Christian fellowship). Well given my differing views and opinions on things, it is inevitable that those I come across in step #2 will accuse me of not having taken step #1. Many of you believe for instance that multiculturalism is a wonderful blessing as people of all religious stripes can get together and live in peace as one. Very widely held belief I find right now with present day Christians. Meanwhile, I say its a curse, a deliverance of modern Christians and God's chosen groups into the hands of others much in the way it happened to the Israelis in the Old Testament when they, like us, wavered from God's wishes. I say God has no use whatsoever for other religions and they are fundamentally evil. End result? I get the lecture that I am not a Christian at all, that God is "love" and that if I had accepted Jesus into my heart I too would be preaching the marvels of a multi-religious society. In fact, truth be told, when I come across these different "christian" groups, I am looking at them believing that THEY are in fact cultists who have accepted some new age version of a false conception of Christ and have not actually accepted Jesus and God of the bible.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
I disagree with you on this. I go and take step #1 (accepting Jesus into my heart) and then comes step #2 (finding Christian fellowship). Well given my differing views and opinions on things, it is inevitable that those I come across in step #2 will accuse me of not having taken step #1. Many of you believe for instance that multiculturalism is a wonderful blessing as people of all religious stripes can get together and live in peace as one. Very widely held belief I find right now with present day Christians. Meanwhile, I say its a curse, a deliverance of modern Christians and God's chosen groups into the hands of others much in the way it happened to the Israelis in the Old Testament when they, like us, wavered from God's wishes. I say God has no use whatsoever for other religions and they are fundamentally evil. End result? I get the lecture that I am not a Christian at all, that God is "love" and that if I had accepted Jesus into my heart I too would be preaching the marvels of a multi-religious society. In fact, truth be told, when I come across these different "christian" groups, I am looking at them believing that THEY are in fact cultists who have accepted some new age version of a false conception of Christ and have not actually accepted Jesus and God of the bible.
^That^ is not what I would call a straight-up 'yes or no' answer. But it isn't a complete dodge, either. I think what you are saying is that you haven't accepted Jesus as your savior, because if you did, then liberal Christians might question that belief once they heard your views. If that is what you are saying, then congratulations, because I'm pretty sure that's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Who cares what others might say? Liberal Christians don't agree with me, either, but nothing they could say will ever convince me that I don't have Jesus in my heart. But we both know that your 'reasoning' is just another excuse to keep running from Christ's love. I don't think God has anything more for me to tell you, and I don't have time to keep arguing with the voices in your head. Jesus' offer to give you peace, joy and love will remain open for the rest of your life. Accept it if you ever want freedom from the torment and despair that is your current existence.

Jun 15, 2011
^That^ is not what I would call a straight-up 'yes or no' answer. But it isn't a complete dodge, either. I think what you are saying is that you haven't accepted Jesus as your savior, because if you did, then liberal Christians might question that belief once they heard your views. If that is what you are saying, then congratulations, because I'm pretty sure that's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Who cares what others might say? Liberal Christians don't agree with me, either, but nothing they could say will ever convince me that I don't have Jesus in my heart. But we both know that your 'reasoning' is just another excuse to keep running from Christ's love. I don't think God has anything more for me to tell you, and I don't have time to keep arguing with the voices in your head. Jesus' offer to give you peace, joy and love will remain open for the rest of your life. Accept it if you ever want freedom from the torment and despair that is your current existence.

No, its more like those of us who walk with Jesus of the bible don't understand those of you who walk with the imaginary Jesus created by political opportunists to create their one world government.