Vacationing alone?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
So I've never really taken a vacation in my life aside from a weekend thing or something when I was little with family. We never traveled as a kid and I've never gone anywhere on my own. You only live once and I have another vacation coming up so I'd like to go all out for the week. But I have no idea where to even start or anything. I feel kind of stupid planning a vacation just for myself but... I guess people do it. Not gonna wait around forever for someone to do it with and this way, I can do whatever I want anyway.

How do you go about planning this though? It's only a week and I'm not really sure how much time you need for everything. Not to mention I don't know what I would do really when I got to these places.

So who's traveled alone? Did you like it? How did you plan it?

I'd really like to go to Israel and the whole holy land thing... or Rome/Italy... Greece... England... Scotland... Ireland... places with rich histories or areas with lots of natural beauty.

Last edited:
L

Liz01

I have always wanted to travel on vacations to other places but i im not so "intrepid" to do it alone because i think its safer to men than women.
But there are a lot of groups here that organize travels, actually I was in a job years ago in which a guy used to make groups and travel to many places of the country, he used to make schedules each day to visit the most important towns or beachs and i wanted to go but my vacations never matched with the plan of this group.
And the church organizes travels too but there are only for the young ppl under 30 years old too so i couldnt go either, but maybe there is a group that travel in your church too.

V

violakat

I've actually traveled by myself several times. However, some of those times, I did go to visit my relatives. So maybe that doesn't count. lol. Has there been a place that you've always wanted to go and visit, or something you always wanted to try. Or, maybe you could even do something that's called a Staycation. That is, instead of going to another city, stay at home and purposely go and explore your city. Visit zoos, museums, stuff like that.

Edit-------------
Just now saw the last part about where you like to go. I would suggest visit a travel agent and see what they say about traveling alone

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I have travelled on my own a few times, Turkey, Canary Islands and England (although visited a few friends, but travelled by myself (took my car over) and stayed down in the south of England in a hotel by myself), I actually quite like it, as you can please yourself, I also found that I met up with other people in these places without any trouble as I don't have any problems talking to people etc...

First of all, you need to decide where you want to go, then do your travel arrangments, plane tiickets, do you need a visa, travel insurance, what about connections if you have more than one flight, allow enough time for this. Find websites of the countries/places you want to travel to, also travel forums.

I'm off to Turkey again very shortly for 2 weeks as a friend has lent me her apartment, so meeting up with 2 friends there, however, I've arranged to do some travelling on my own while I'm there, to Ephesus and Istanbul and anywhere else that might be worthwhile if I come across something I find interesting...

Yahweh Shalom

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
So I've never really taken a vacation in my life aside from a weekend thing or something when I was little with family. We never traveled as a kid and I've never gone anywhere on my own. You only live once and I have another vacation coming up so I'd like to go all out for the week. But I have no idea where to even start or anything. I feel kind of stupid planning a vacation just for myself but... I guess people do it. Not gonna wait around forever for someone to do it with and this way, I can do whatever I want anyway.

How do you go about planning this though? It's only a week and I'm not really sure how much time you need for everything. Not to mention I don't know what I would do really when I got to these places.

So who's traveled alone? Did you like it? How did you plan it?

I'd really like to go to Israel and the whole holy land thing... or Rome/Italy... Greece... England... Scotland... Ireland... places with rich histories or areas with lots of natural beauty.
truth be told if you want to go to another country, you really need more than a week cause you will spend at least two days just travelling to and from, and that doesn't leave a lot of time for touring the country since you'll spend a fair amount of time travelling in said country to the various places you want to see.

As for Israel, I'd like to see Israel myself, but its not going to happen so long as some crazy is running around in exploding rental cars trying to tag people getting a cup of coffee. Talk about cowardice.