Vampire graves found in Poland.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay

[h=3]Psalm 91[/h]King James Version (KJV)

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
[SUP]10 [/SUP]There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

A

AgeofKnowledge

I don't know what that means but it sounded funny.

Ya know, I'm a fan of vampires, except the one's that sparkle. Those are high maintenance vamps. They just aren't worth my time.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Originally Posted by DuchessAimee

Ya know, I'm a fan of vampires, except the one's that sparkle. Those are high maintenance vamps. They just aren't worth my time.
I don't know what that means but it sounded funny.
My previous post which would have explained it somehow ended up a fail, so I will try again! tumblr_lj3tvezERQ1qdmd3do1_500.jpg

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I feel sorry for the families of the people that had been suspected vampires, it must have been hard for them back then.
But to be honest I really like Angel and Spike who are both vamps.

I really like them both as well. I know everyone wanted Buffy to be with Angel, but I think Spike loved her better. They made more sense together.

O

overthechill

In Louisiana, many families still practice a custom called "sitting up with the dead". When a family member died, someone within the family, or perhaps a close family friend, would stay with the body until it is placed into one of our above ground tombs or is buried. The body is never left unattended. There are many reasons given for this practice today, most commonly, respect for the dead. This tradition however, actually dates back to Vampire Folklore in eastern Europe. In doing this, you were watching for signs of paranormal activity. If a cat was ever seen to jump over, walk across, or stand on top of the coffin; if a dog was seen to bark or growl at the coffin; or if a horse shied from it, these were signs of impending vampirism and at that point you would take steps to prevent the corpse from returning from the dead.
Commonly used procedures would include burying the corpse face down, and burying at a crossroads. Often times, family members would place a sickle around the neck, tie body parts together or mutilate the body, usually by decapitation and placing the head at the bottom of feet. The most common remedy for impending vampirism was to drive a stake into the corpse, decapitate it and then burn the body to ashes. This method was the only way to truly destroy the undead.
By the 1700’s, these practices were going on all throughout western Europe, particularly in France and Germany, where many immigrants were migrating to New Orleans. Believers insist that vampires could have been smuggled over in ships with the settlers. The early French settlers brought over brides from Europe who transferred their belongings in large wooden casket-like boxes. But according to folklore, even though Vampires
prefer the night, they are not destroyed by daylight. It was common for the vampire to walk about during the day. They generally hunted and fed at night. They would not have needed to be smuggled in coffins in the hulls of ships. This idea is that of fictional writers such as Bram Stoker. More than likely, vampires would have entered the ships like anyone else and blended in well with society.
I'd just like to pause here and thank you and your family for taking these kinds of precautions!

A

AgeofKnowledge

It's amazing how entertaining a great many vampire movies are. I'd say the number one vampire movie (in my view) would have to be Bram Stoker's Dracula though I'm sure others will disagree.

A

Anonimous

I just can't be bothered with vampires. I already have my hands full exterminating these clowns that are allowed to run loose.

R

richie_2uk

Oh come on! I mean really? Oh look there is a pig , actually flying. give a wave will you! lol Next you be saying they found a fairy's little hide out.