Vegetarian Recipes?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 12, 2009
I know! Lol don't worry, I'm pretty sure he hasn't grown up 'cause he's been an only child all his life and is used to being catered to. I think what also has contributed to it is that his mom never cooked... and if she did cook, it wasn't good. He never liked meat, though, even as a kid he just didn't want to eat it. I try not telling him, but I can't lie when he asks! He's 20, he'll figure it out haha
I say it's time for you to stop catering to his childish behavior and tell him if he doesn't eat it, he doesn't eat lol :) --------content removed-----------

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Artbox

I enjoy meatless chili verde, which is basically just chili verde without putting the pork into the salsa verde.

Does he enjoy substitute meats like boca burgers and the like? I personally don't like the flavoring of them, but if he does then there's all sorts of things you can do with them like make boca "meat"loafs or casseroles.

Ooh! Tostadas! Tostadas can lend themselves to an excellent and really filling meal, I find, and you can make them all sorts of ways. They're basically a fried tortilla that you can cover with whatever you like. I personally prefer a combo of frijoles, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and homemade salad dressing, but there's many things you can do with them.

You could try making breakfast foods, like pancakes and waffles and french toast, some hashbrowns, bisquits, a little fruit juice, maybe a bagel. Always a filling meal.

Quesadillas are good too, you can add extras like peppers and tomatos and things.

I'm also told, and this is just hearsay because I'm too afraid to try it yet, that fried apples and onions is delicious. Apparently it was a popular meal for pioneers who ran out of meat.

Does he like cucumbers? You can slice a cucumber really thinly, spread a tortilla with cream cheese, fill the tortilla with cucumbers, lettuce, and whatever else you'd like, wrap it all up, and there you go!

H

Harley_Angel

if you substitue meat with beans, it works really well. Like having an all bean chili, or putting beans in your vegetable soup, or beans and corn for yoru tacos instead of ground beef. I've pretty much eliminated beef out of my diet by replacing it with beans (they are high in fiber and much lower in fat).

B

buckeyegirl700

Try vegetable soup, or even better, a vegetable gumbo!

Sautee some onions, green peppers, and diced potatoes and mushrooms in a pan, add red pepper flake and salt and garlic to taste. Serve over brown rice. It's good.
This sounds really good. I just started a vegetarian diet. I wonder what I could sautee the veggies in. I was thinking olive oil.

B

buckeyegirl700

Kashi go lean has pizzas that are vegetarian.

H

Harley_Angel

Olive oil gets expensive. I sautee with canola oil, it's way cheaper, has a good flavor and is very healthy for you like olive oil is.

Another vegetarian favorite of mine is to grill a giant portobello mushroom with your favorite seasonings, and also grill a red peper cut in half. Put it all on a hamburger bun with ketchup and whatever else you want and it tastes as good if not better than a burger with cheese.

L

Leeshie

Ooh you know what else is really good?

Using Mountain bread (flatbread) as a pizza base, mustard seeds (from a jar) as the paste. Then you just add on yummy things like pickled peppers (they're not hot, they're pretty much capsicum) olives, garlic, onion, baby spinach leaves and whatever else you wanna throw on there. Then finish it off with some boccinni cheese and it'll take 15 mins all up (five mins to make the pizza and about 5-10 mins in the oven)

NOOOM! I want one now!!! Sooooooooo good. *drools*