Vengeance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnneNoel

I know that God says vengeance is his & he will repay. My question is, If someone does you wrong & you are hurt over it, will God take vengeance on that person or does he only sometimes take vengeance?

D

dalconn

Did God take vengeance out on us when we did God wrong? everyone will reap what they sow in this life whether or not they believe in God, and then there's judgement day in the future.

Answer; nobody gets away with anything ~

P

popeye

I know that God says vengeance is his & he will repay. My question is, If someone does you wrong & you are hurt over it, will God take vengeance on that person or does he only sometimes take vengeance?
Vengeance is God's property.
We are forbidden to take it from Him.

Love is available supernaturally through the HS.

We invoke the HS by blessing the one that wronged us.

Buy them a gift card to a restaurant or some such thing.

Or give them something you own.

Then watch the miracle.

Cause the miracle will be in you!!!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Believers who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are under Grace..........

Those who deny Christ will face a Judgement reserved for them.............

Vengeance from God will occur when God wills it to occur. We are to "forgive" those who trespass against us, NOT seek vengeance. Recite the Lord's Prayer......

:)

Feb 7, 2015
I think we need to reexamine our own "forgiveness factor" if we are hoping for God to get even with someone for us by dealing out vengeance. Not saying this isn't a natural feeling we have..... but it is, truly, just that, Natural Feelings.

Feb 24, 2015
In the Lords prayer we pray that the Father should forgive us because we forgive those who sin against us.

Now unfortunately sin is about being hurt, real loss and problems. Learning how to forgive in this situation is what walking with Jesus is all about.

The people who commit such sins have to answer to God themselves. Judgement for their sin comes sometimes in this life through the fruit of their behaviour and others retaliating, the justice system coming into action and finally judgement.

It sometimes can be helpful to tell the person both of the problem they caused and secondly that you have forgiven them, because a lot of people are unaware of the impact they cause and others think such behaviour against them is just personal rather than a personality behavioural defect the person has. Too many times I have seen such behaviour, thinking I could avoid it be doing something different, only to realise the person themselves just had serious problems and issues.

P

popeye

BTW ,my flesh wants to drag them behind my truck,but those thoughts are easily cast down by His presence,His word,worship,and OBEDIENCE.

It is an adventure,walking W/Jesus. A crazy adventure,because the world see's us as crazy

K

KennethC

Vengeance is wrong for us to carry out, and Paul makes it clear a unforgiving heart is not of God.

The only way a person will face God's vengeance is if they do not repent of what they did.

Remember when true repentance is made our sins are forgiven and covered by Christ's blood to never be used against us again.

Christ will present us spotless to God.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
vengeance eh? I would rather God have mercy on my enemies than get vengeance for me, and as for us getting vengeance well I have seen countless movies read countless books and seen actual events in which it proves that anyone who seeks vengeance always gets burned

A

AnneNoel

Thank you guys so much, I have a greater understanding. I'm blessed to have CC & all of you.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
BTW ,my flesh wants to drag them behind my truck,but those thoughts are easily cast down by His presence,His word,worship,and OBEDIENCE.

It is an adventure,walking W/Jesus. A crazy adventure,because the world see's us as crazy
Well everyone knows your crazy Popeye-Crazy for Jesus:b

S

sassylady

We are God's children and whether it is sooner or later, the person who wronged us will have something happen, consequences for what they did. It could just be living a life of pure misery, or something else more devastating. But it's not for us to wish it happens either. We need to forgive and may still see many years go by where it looks like they have gotten away with what they did. Just because you don't see anything happening to them does not mean God is not working. I heard a well known pastor talk about a person who had been wronged many years earlier being contacted by the person who wronged her. She didn't want to see him but finally went and he told her not a day had gone by that he had not suffered because of what he had done. We need to be careful of not rejoicing over the other person experiencing consequences.

P

popeye

Those back stabbers ,in a way,are little helpers. They show us where we are at spiritually.

Once a person reacts properly a number of times,it kinda becomes a habit.A good habit of loving those that do you wrong.

P

popeye

John bevere has a good book "The bait of satan"

It exposes our reaction in the form of "offences"...."offended via emotions"

In fact,it is on utube several places as sermons.

M

Mitspa

John bevere has a good book "The bait of satan"

It exposes our reaction in the form of "offences"...."offended via emotions"

In fact,it is on utube several places as sermons.
Excellent book on this issue ...

Here is how you know when you are where God wants you..when you can pray and feel love for the one that hurt you while still being honest about the evil they did to you. Pray until the love comes..but know for sure God defends those that love Him against those that would cause them harm...even other "Christians" .... Forgive but don't approve evil...

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ultimately God will take vengeance but it may not be in your lifetime here on earth.