Very General; What it Takes to Have a Good Marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianTonyB

It is obviously super important to have God in the marriage. That aside, I believe that it is very important for both husband and wife to give of themselves and to serve the other person. I also think that it is important for the husband and wife to communicate. But, above all, I believe that they key to a great marriage is to follow the roles that God has placed us in. The husband to lead the family, both physically and spiritually, and to love the wife sacrificially (Ephesians 5:25-28). The wife, to submit to her husband and obey him (Ephesians 5:22-24)(1 Peter 3:1-6).
This, I believe, is the key to having a successful marriage.
What a refreshing take on this controversial subject, and it's biblical too. Thank you 👍🙂

What are your thoughts on what it means for a wife to submit to, and obey the husband? Obviously she isn't to be treated like a dog and is not expected to come and go, sit and beg at the whim and call of the husband. So how do you see that directive being worked on in reality? I am very much interested in your perspective on this please, it'd be much appreciated. Tony