Vicious Pain Cycle of this Dead Flesh

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Braxton123

There has been this part of me that has just always wanted to die; just never have I quite understood the reason why.

I have this evil spirit that's invaded me that has ripped my life apart. This wicked spirit of addiction has torn me deep within my heart.

The tears pore down my face when I think of all the pain. What do I have to show the world? What from within me could they gain?

Poisoned from the snake that's ripped my life apart, this venom that’s out there I wish I had no part.

No matter how hard I try I always end up another of its prey. It's caught me in its trap yet again another day.

I've known that I'm so very sick and ill; for having had to depend on this thing that’s called a pill.

Right now I'm taking nothing, and that's how I want it to stay; yet the reality "out there" tries to make my mind decay.

The darkness has been trying to invade me for so very long, I know that it isn't fair and I know that it's so wrong.

I eagerly wait for the day when what only remains is the LIGHT, the time when the darkness finally loses this fight.

I know that the battle is already won as long as I have CHRIST in my heart, I'm just tired of the vicious cycle of pain and with that I want no part.

This thing they call reality sometimes comes and goes; I can only remember pieces, the rest who knows.

Half of this ship that's called a body has been wounded in this battle. My ground has been shaken so much I can still feel the rattle.

This ride that they call life has certainly taken a flip. It's barely still moving and it’s just taken a huge dip.

Part of me is dead while the other's still alive. Sometimes I wonder how much longer I can survive.

This body of flesh is actually already dead; the SPIRIT of CHRIST within me is how I must be led.

When I was born again of the SPIRIT I took my first true breath, yet this flesh sends me down a dark road that only leads to death.

How much longer must I support this sick body of flesh that's already dead? I hope that you can understand some of what I've said.

I'm so very tired and ready to get some rest, I've let this thing called life get to me and it’s got the best.

I must stay in prayer throughout the day, and meditate with the TRUTH at night. With CHRIST on my side I know that I’ll truly win this fight.

I’m ready to live forever without having to carry around this scarred skin; I’m ready to live forever with the ONE who is within.​

O

OFM

THIS IS VERY MUCH ALOT HIGHLY SPIRITUALLY EXCELLENT THANX 4 SHARING BEE BLESSED ALLWAY AMEN....