B
Believer08
Guest
I heard an apologist say “I don't take a hard view on eschatology. There are different views of eschatology. People that are smarter than me that know the original language and they're conservative Christians, and they come to different views on how this whole thing's going to end, and so I don't take a firm position on any of it. I do know that we win in the end so that's what I'm excited about.”
He also said “there are people that I know who are way smarter than me and they know the original languages and they come to different conclusions on the end times. We all agree that Christ is coming back. When is he coming back— how is he coming back—theologians disagree over that. I have my opinions, but I don't hold them firmly because there are different views on it from very reputable people that are smarter than me, okay. I will say this though, I think it's meant to be ambiguous to a certain extent. It’s only after that you see what happened to Jesus do you realize “oh, all that stuff in the Old Testament now makes sense. Now I see how Micah 5.2 fits into the Messiah. Now I see how Isaiah 53 and Daniel 9 and other passages in the Old Testament fit together. Why? Because you have the box top of the New Testament. The New Testament is the box top to Old Testament prophecy. Like, when you're putting a puzzle together, you know you get the box top, you can see how the pieces fit together. The New Testament gives you that box top you don't have the box top when you're living in Old Testament times…”
Thoughts?
He also said “there are people that I know who are way smarter than me and they know the original languages and they come to different conclusions on the end times. We all agree that Christ is coming back. When is he coming back— how is he coming back—theologians disagree over that. I have my opinions, but I don't hold them firmly because there are different views on it from very reputable people that are smarter than me, okay. I will say this though, I think it's meant to be ambiguous to a certain extent. It’s only after that you see what happened to Jesus do you realize “oh, all that stuff in the Old Testament now makes sense. Now I see how Micah 5.2 fits into the Messiah. Now I see how Isaiah 53 and Daniel 9 and other passages in the Old Testament fit together. Why? Because you have the box top of the New Testament. The New Testament is the box top to Old Testament prophecy. Like, when you're putting a puzzle together, you know you get the box top, you can see how the pieces fit together. The New Testament gives you that box top you don't have the box top when you're living in Old Testament times…”
Thoughts?