Violence in the classroom!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rtfgirl

It's amazing that our country does not allow Christianity in the public school system... yet in many states islam is not only being preached, but violently! Fortunately, a mother recognized this danger and went to court to remover her children from the school they were attending. Surprisingly she won!

B

biscuit

It's amazing that our country does not allow Christianity in the public school system... yet in many states islam is not only being preached, but violently! Fortunately, a mother recognized this danger and went to court to remover her children from the school they were attending. Surprisingly she won!
Violence & hatred against Jews Christians are taught in the classroom at a very early age in most Islamic schools. It is a major reason why many of these Arab countries have problems connecting to the West.

Last edited by a moderator:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Why did she have to go to court to remove her children? Many parents simply homeschool.

Mar 1, 2012
Do you want a secular humanist liberal teacher teaching your kids about Jesus Christ?

Christianity is not banned, federally from schools. School led christianity is and I agree with that.

If you want to keep violence from schools there is only one way to do that, take humans out. Its the heart that is decietful and corrupt, not buildings

S

sassylady

I never wanted to put my kids in public schools but due to my divorce I had no choice. It wasn't just the secular teaching, but also the lack of discipline on the kids who were troublemakers. When they were in middle school I pulled them out and finished home schooling. Not fun to come home after working all day and go over school stuff and plan lessons but I had a lot more peace of mind about what was going into their minds.

I remember prayer in school at the start of each day as well as the pledge of allegiance afterward. It did set a tone to the day that is no longer there.

Dec 12, 2013
No doubt...welcome to the end of the age.........!

A

AgeofKnowledge

Here's a product of the NYC public school system:

Early Saturday morning, a music video shoot at a Bronx bodega turned violent after one member of a rap duo reportedly opened fire on his partner, wounding him in the head, legs, and chest. According to the bodega's owner, the shooting was triggered by an argument over who was the video's star.

"They were fighting over who's the star, who's better," owner Ali Abdul told the New York Daily News. "They were drunk. They spit at each other then one guy pulled out a gun and shot the other guy five times."

The gunman, who, as Gothamist notes, never lets go of his drink during the shooting, also repeatedly pistol whipped the 37-year-old victim. The video shows several witnesses casually stepping over the victim as he writhed on the floor in pain. The suspect remains at large; the victim is in critical condition at a local hospital and is expected to survive.

Read more at LiveLeak.com - NYPD Releases Gruesome Footage From Rap Video Bodega Shooting in Bronx

Mar 1, 2012
Here's a product of the NYC public school system:

Early Saturday morning, a music video shoot at a Bronx bodega turned violent after one member of a rap duo reportedly opened fire on his partner, wounding him in the head, legs, and chest. According to the bodega's owner, the shooting was triggered by an argument over who was the video's star.

"They were fighting over who's the star, who's better," owner Ali Abdul told the New York Daily News. "They were drunk. They spit at each other then one guy pulled out a gun and shot the other guy five times."

The gunman, who, as Gothamist notes, never lets go of his drink during the shooting, also repeatedly pistol whipped the 37-year-old victim. The video shows several witnesses casually stepping over the victim as he writhed on the floor in pain. The suspect remains at large; the victim is in critical condition at a local hospital and is expected to survive.

Read more at LiveLeak.com - NYPD Releases Gruesome Footage From Rap Video Bodega Shooting in Bronx
Their sales will go up because of this......that is the sad part

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Why did she have to go to court to remove her children? Many parents simply homeschool.
Why should we have to home school our children? We pay taxes to provide a quality education for our children. Why don't we get the garbage out, and run the politicians that allow this to happen out of the country?

Jun 19, 2011
I guess it all depends on what you want your child to know, if you want them to get a teaching of who Jesus is on a day to basis while at school perhaps public school isn't the way to go.If you are okay with what public school teaches on evolution and it's silence or perhaps negative view (depending on the teacher as I'm sure some who teach in public schools also have a positive view of it) on Christianity then perhaps public school is fine for your child. I went to a public school till grade 8 and never recall anything negative about God taught by teachers. I imagine it to be fairly difficult to find a school that will please everyone's beliefs as it stands there are thousand branches of Christianity and I am not so sure there is much interest in devolving a school for each one.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Why should we have to home school our children? We pay taxes to provide a quality education for our children. Why don't we get the garbage out, and run the politicians that allow this to happen out of the country?
We can't do that.

If we run out the bad politicians, there won't be any left.

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
I'm a public school teacher. The majority of my fellow teachers at my school are very strong conservative Christians. Perhaps it's the area we live in (rural and highly religious) but you can't paint all teachers or public schools with the same brush.

Dec 12, 2013
I'm a public school teacher. The majority of my fellow teachers at my school are very strong conservative Christians. Perhaps it's the area we live in (rural and highly religious) but you can't paint all teachers or public schools with the same brush.
How do YOU ALL deal with the heresies of modern science that is to be taught in public (government) funded schools.....do you get to present the truth and or say that you personally don't believe what you have to teach?

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
How do YOU ALL deal with the heresies of modern science that is to be taught in public (government) funded schools.....do you get to present the truth and or say that you personally don't believe what you have to teach?
I teach 1st grade. Our science is basic and simple. It's an elementary school so thankfully none of the grades are required to get into evolution. I don't know what they do in the middle and high schools. I know when I was in high school my own science teachers presented both sides of the issue, both creationism and evolution, and let the kids decide.