WAITING ON GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

smileycathy

SUPPOSE GOD HAS PLANTED A DESIRE IN OUR HEART, HOW CAN WE COMBAT TEMPTATION OR IMPURE THOUGHTS WHILE SINGLE?I NEED YOUR IDEAS REGARDING THIS ISSUES.

May 3, 2013
We are not alone. Christians and non christians are fighting aganist too many things, pure or impure.
I will not leave believing. I will not deny His name (but mine).

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
As Galatians 5:16

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

And that Lust of the flesh may include impure thoughts.

Pray, always ask guidance from God and read the bible.

God bless.

P.S. this may sound too easy to say and hard to do and i'd agree with secularhermits.

Pray and have faith that God will get us through that.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
SUPPOSE GOD HAS PLANTED A DESIRE IN OUR HEART, HOW CAN WE COMBAT TEMPTATION OR IMPURE THOUGHTS WHILE SINGLE?I NEED YOUR IDEAS REGARDING THIS ISSUES.
The battle is quite simple. Flesh is not right with God ever?
So what is right with God today?
[h=3]Galatians 5:16-26[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[h=3]Walking in the Spirit[/h][SUP]16 [/SUP]I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. [SUP]17 [/SUP]For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. [SUP]18 [/SUP]But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[SUP][a][/SUP] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, [SUP]20 [/SUP]idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, [SUP]21 [/SUP]envy, murders,[SUP][b][/SUP] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, [SUP]23 [/SUP]gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. [SUP]24 [/SUP]And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. [SUP]25 [/SUP]If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

May be ask God and believe God to show you the difference of flesh and Spirit of God
Romans 1-5 is a good explanation to you from God
If that doesn't bring it across then romans 6-8, re explains a little differently, yet the same point is we are to be dead to flesh by dying to flesh and then being alive to the Spirit of God which is the only way to serve God today
John 4:23
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

It is your choice, how do you want to live? in the same flesh with the same upbringing of flesh? Or a new in God's Spirit where the new life is from God by the resurrected Christ in God's Spirit
Sounds to me as you have made the choice? So how does one enact that Choice, by trusting God or self to do this? one gives pride the other humility.

Amil

Apr 25, 2013
Imagine you wearing a great and beautiful armor designed by God for you. And everytime you feel a temptation raise your shield and no burning arrow from the enemy will touch you. Put this armor in the morning and when the night comes. Read ephesians 6:10-18.

Also... pray... and keep praying everyday, like matthew 26:41 said: [SUP] [/SUP]“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Hope this can help you. God bless you

JCluvsme

Jan 9, 2013
Christians facing a hard battle everyday... so let's keep on fighting...AMEN.:cool:;)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Imagine you wearing a great and beautiful armor designed by God for you. And everytime you feel a temptation raise your shield and no burning arrow from the enemy will touch you. Put this armor in the morning and when the night comes. Read ephesians 6:10-18.

Also... pray... and keep praying everyday, like matthew 26:41 said: “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Hope this can help you. God bless you
so why not then consider, believe we are dead to sin (flesh) via co-crucified with Christ and move on up to the new life in the resurrected Christ in God's Spirit as what he came to do for us all, to be alive in God's Spirit and dead to self in the flesh, a mind renewed in the way that God after the cross sees, and a big thanks to the Son of God Jesus Christ, going through that punishment that he for himself never had to go through, and suffered it for us all, if only we will believe

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Christians facing a hard battle everyday... so let's keep on fighting...AMEN.:cool:;)
How about come to rest and see the fight is won by Christ for us through the cross,
I know and see what belief does over working hard at it. Praying for us all to come to the end of the energy of our own flesh and this world's traps

W

Water1944

God will never plant a desire in your heart that would cause you to sin, or to want to sin. He will never plant a desire in your heart that goes against the commandments He has told us to live by. On one hand, that makes everything so simple. Just do what He tells us to do, and don't do what He says not to. If only it was that simple. We will always be faced with desires for things we want. Sometimes we make the right choice, sometimes the wrong one. I think at least, it becomes easier to make the choice when you know where the desire comes from. I'm praying for you for strength.

Amil

Apr 25, 2013
so why not then consider, believe we are dead to sin (flesh) via co-crucified with Christ and move on up to the new life in the resurrected Christ in God's Spirit as what he came to do for us all, to be alive in God's Spirit and dead to self in the flesh, a mind renewed in the way that God after the cross sees, and a big thanks to the Son of God Jesus Christ, going through that punishment that he for himself never had to go through, and suffered it for us all, if only we will believe

Hey there, wanted to thank you for your reply and I agree with you. I know your doing it with the best intention but I think you missed my point. I will post the entire verse this time (not only the reference): Ephesians 6: 10-18

[SUP]10 [/SUP]Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Note: We are not only fighting against flesh and youth desires (considering we are not married) but also with spiritual beings. Again, thank you for the time. God Bless you brother in Jesus Christ.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
God will never plant a desire in your heart that would cause you to sin, or to want to sin. He will never plant a desire in your heart that goes against the commandments He has told us to live by. On one hand, that makes everything so simple. Just do what He tells us to do, and don't do what He says not to. If only it was that simple. We will always be faced with desires for things we want. Sometimes we make the right choice, sometimes the wrong one. I think at least, it becomes easier to make the choice when you know where the desire comes from. I'm praying for you for strength.
God grows us up, just like a banana when it is first born in and through the branch it is born perfect. The only problem it is not yet ripe, perfect yes, and needs protection to grow up.
Now each of us are in different grown stages, and are having fellowship with each other to see truth that matures us.
Well another way to see this perfection when first born, is as a Caterpillar, it spins a cocoon, one day that cocoon breaks open and that Caterpillar is now a Butterfly.
Okay no matter what that Butterfly does from this point on, IT WILL NEVER BE A WORM AGAIN. It is born again! Believe, see, recieve

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Hey there, wanted to thank you for your reply and I agree with you. I know your doing it with the best intention but I think you missed my point. I will post the entire verse this time (not only the reference): Ephesians 6: 10-18

[SUP]10 [/SUP]Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Note: We are not only fighting against flesh and youth desires (considering we are not married) but also with spiritual beings. Again, thank you for the time. God Bless you brother in Jesus Christ.
Thank you for posting this

Thank you and with the armor of God that we put on, is it our armor or God's?
Let me explain are we partakers in this armor or is it our armor of God that we put on, taking credit for it?
Hope you see what I am trying to say here.
I will say it, I have no righteousness, none ever of my own, I have no converts ever of my own. Though I have these all, they are not mine they are all God's and I am no more than a partaker in this, thanking God and praising God, giving God all the credit and glory

Amil

Apr 25, 2013
Thank you for posting this

Thank you and with the armor of God that we put on, is it our armor or God's?
Let me explain are we partakers in this armor or is it our armor of God that we put on, taking credit for it?
Hope you see what I am trying to say here.
I will say it, I have no righteousness, none ever of my own, I have no converts ever of my own. Though I have these all, they are not mine they are all God's and I am no more than a partaker in this, thanking God and praising God, giving God all the credit and glory
Amen. I do understand your point, thanks for sharing it =). GBU

S

sheltooth

Let God be the master of your life, with that nothing is impossible... worldly things will only give you temporary happiness but being with God will give you True joyfulness.
Just walk away from temptation.... this is your life and you are the author of your book, its how you want to make your life story goes and ends.. and it would be great if it is being guided by the Lord.

R

richie_2uk

Waiting on God, is his way of teaching us Patience. God will give you the desires of your heart, but according to his will.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Let God be the master of your life, with that nothing is impossible... worldly things will only give you temporary happiness but being with God will give you True joyfulness.
Just walk away from temptation.... this is your life and you are the author of your book, its how you want to make your life story goes and ends.. and it would be great if it is being guided by the Lord.
Just my experience, as what God has shown me, and has set me free by God's truth only, the word backing it up

maybe if it be guided by God, our Lord Christ, then maybe we could relax in him as we do in him.
I found that when "I" try to stop temptation, that in reality I am sowing to flesh (thinking of) and the word tells me if I just sow to flesh then
[h=3]Galatians 6:8[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]8 [/SUP]For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

So I had to see to give up self effort, not that I will always, but only day by day can I or anyone, as we wake up to life here, die to self with Christ at the cross, and see the new life in Christ by the resurrected Christ that we see no more in the Flesh as what the apostles stated. They knew him in the flesh and now no more in the flesh, so what are we to know Christ by?

Spirit yes, cause why
John 4:23
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 14:17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you

Go to God in prayer and ask to be shown this truth and see what true worship to God is as God reveals this truth to you, the one's that believe.
Love you all

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Waiting on God, is his way of teaching us Patience. God will give you the desires of your heart, but according to his will.
Which is the true desire of everyone's heart to have life-everlasting, and a lot think on this worldly plane, not seeing what they really want and or desire which is life and can't find this unless they are willing to give up this life here and now as in being of this world, to only being in it

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Smileycathy,

If there are specific things you need to talk about, there are many wise and mature Christian women you can talk to in the women's forum. Also, many of the Filipino girls right here are very kind-hearted and very mature... they might better understand the specific things you are dealing with.