Waiting to be reeled in...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I have been a Christian for about 12 years. I've been in ministry for as long as I can remember. I've always loved serving him. I have always been very involved. I do a lot because I love doing it. I lead worship. I sing back up. I teach 1st-3rd graders. I work full time at a non-profit ministry to at-risk urban youth. I love the Lord and I love serving Him... but at this point, I feel like I'm am floating out in space waiting to be reeled in. I know I'm anchored in Christ, but I feel like I am floating alone.
I recently had a new trauma in my life. A family friend, whom I was closed to, made a physical pass at me. Since then, a lot of my past has resurfaced. We met and had a reconciliation, but there is still a lot in the air. The pastor of my church started paying for me to see a counselor. I've seen her twice. The first meeting, I spent solely trying to explain how everyone in my family was related. The second meeting was just going through the majority of the abuse and neglect I endured at the hands of both parents, and other people outside the family. I've spent a lot of time dealing with my father issues. I've had a little counseling (not Christian). I've been through every form of desert stream ministries, an 8 week series called Hope and Healing, and much more, and have received a lot of healing. However, just this past year, my mother issues have caught me by surprise. I've spent my whole life trying to decide whether my father was wicked or weak. As I was sharing everything that happened with him, my counselor was convinced that it was wickedness. I was molested in many ways from the time I was born until I was about 7 or 8. My sister was molested for a time that I am certain of. And he was also arrested for exposing himself to a retarded 16-year-old girl. When he was caught (for everything) he played dumb. She also let me know that my mother was a horrible mother.
I've always been told I was dramatic. I've fought my whole life not to be perceived as such. So, admitting this, I am at great risk of coming off as exaggerating. I've always admitted my abuse, but with a lot of separation... almost as if I was talking about someone else, or as if it was something that was normal.
At this point, I'm not sure what to do with my family. I don't know where to stand with them. I don't know how to proceed with my life in that truth that my dad is a pedophile and my mother allowed and placed me in a lot of the situations in which I was abused.
My foundation is in Christ. I know that. I am planted deep in Him, He also gave me a picture last night as I was praying. I was this lonely little sheep getting along on my own, and He came to draw me in the fold and give me a community. I was planted deep in a firm foundation. I really didn't move, but the foudation, in a sense, was two layers thick. The bottom was based in truth. This is really where my feet were planted. But on top of that was another layer. It's was like jello. Almost any movement cause it's to shake. While I never moved, everything else around was shaking and to me it seemed that I was shaking with it.
Pray as the Lord leads...

A

Avidan

Heavenly Father, I stand with Jordache before You. Please breakthrough in her life, bring the answers that she needs and courage. Shake everyone around her. Get their attention and wake them up to their great need for Christ. Bring healing and wholeness to her heart, and/or whatever You see that she needs. Call her even closer to You in worship and prayer. Let the fruit of the Holy Spirit increase and multiply in her life. The Lord rebuke Satan. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Keep loving people like you have been doing. You are doing great.

A

AnandaHya

my heart goes out to you. God can heal you and we are reading a book by an author who was brutally molested and abused too. she now has two beuatiful kids and a wonderful husband and works in the church too. perhaps you would like to read it.

its called "Moving in Faith: taking off the robes" by Jennifer Kostyal

she's a local (to my area) girl.

Dear Lord Heal us, amen

YouTube - Mandisa - Stronger

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jordache, I also was abused and understand the struggles you are having.
Praise God you have the help you need.
Do not worry about all that you are feeling right now, you are being healed in Jesus.
Also stop worrying about how you should be with others, Jesus will bring the good in this for you as well.
I tried so hard myself to be like others, when Jesus helped me to see I was a work of His hand already, just waiting to bloom.
It took time to figure out how I should see my dad, I will say that forgiveness is so very important in healing this.
Look in Jesus to God Our Father, He will heal and bring His great love as a father to you.
He did this for me, and I am dazzled by the truth to the scripture, God Our Father is Father to the fatherless.
Not that I did not have a father, I simply never knew the loving care and protection of one.
Rest in Jesus, He is healing you. :)
You are in my prayers in Jesus, that His whole healing and love will pour out upon you.
Hugs and God bless.
pickles