Waiting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KHux

This is one of my favorite poems I've written. Let me give you a little background to it. I wrote this after my first visit to a church the Lord had lead me to. It wasn't long after I had been saved and I didn't realize fully what had taken place that day till years later after going over this poem again. I had sooo many walls built up around me I was still trying to understand how God had broken through the fortress I had built let alone anyone else.. I had been isolated for years by depression, abuse, addictions. I desperately wanted fellowship with good people who wouldn't judge me, and I had found it at that church. I stayed after the service seemed everyone else was as well. I found my self standing in a corner of the lobby watching people share and talk, other new people introducing themselves. I was frozen. I so desperately wanted to introduce myself and meet these good people and silently prayed God would send someone over to me. He said no. What I understand now that I didn't then He knew I needed to open up and tear down these walls that kept me from being. I needed to do this. If he had sent someone over that day I may have trailed around like a shy puppy dog waiting for a chance to run away, but those walls wouldn't have come down, I wouldn't have opened up. Finally I began praying a different prayer. Help me to overcome. Boy did he ever. by the end of that day i was talking to everyone, joined a small group and found myself in afternoon classes with some wonderful Ladies.

In a corner I stand,
watching people converse.
They seem so content.
There are no strangers here.

From across the room,
I hear my name.
I comb through the room.
I find no origin.

I observe friends shaking hands,
I hear their laughter,
I see their smiles.
I feel their content.