Walmart apologizes for booting children singing "God Bless America" & calling Police

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Marcella

May 26, 2011
Walmart apologizes for booting children singing "God Bless America" & calling Police

Walmart Apologizes For Booting Elementary Students Singing 'God Bless America' On 9/11

Walmart has apologized for booting 75 elementary school students from a South Florida store Tuesday after they arrived to honor the fallen of 9/11 by singing "God Bless America."

Administrators at Coconut Palm Elementary School in Miramar said the performance had been arranged in advance with a Pembroke Pines store manager named Frank as part of the school's "I Will" campaign to encourage public service, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

But when the youngsters arrived on the evening of September 11th, dressed in red, white and blue and with parents and teachers in tow, they were made to leave by the store manager on duty, who told them Frank had been fired.

Parents said the manager called the performance a "liability" -- then called the police to have the group removed from the property when they tried to perform outside, according to CBS Miami.

"I just thought that it wasn't right and I just thought that she should have let it go because it was September 11th," student Adriana DiSciascio, whose mother lost a friend in the terror attacks, told CBS.
("Some of the officers felt that it wasn't a police issue," Pembroke Pines Police spokesman Alex De La Paz told the Sentinel. Police arrived after the group finished singing outside)

Though the students weren't born by September 11, 2001, they had been learning about the events in school and were hoping to not only pay tribute to the dead but cheer up shoppers.

Walmart issued an apology Tuesday, inviting the kids back to the store to perform.

"We regret this happened and apologize to the students, parents and the school for this experience," said a Walmart spokesperson.

"Unfortunately, this was a situation of miscommunication, and it should have been handled differently."

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Re: Walmart apologizes for booting children singing "God Bless America" & calling Pol

why are people so entitled these days. good to walmart for kicking them out, the last thing i want to deal with when having to be in a wal mart in the first place is a bunch of singing kids. its a store not a stage. No reason walmart should have bent over backwards apologizing either, its not their problem. If the kids want to do a musical presentation then cool have a program at school.

D

djness

Re: Walmart apologizes for booting children singing "God Bless America" & calling Pol

I have mixed feelings about stories like this. I would think a responsible adult would have called the store and not just decided'' oh lets just show up cause we were told it will be ok''.

But cmon, kids singing God Bless America and you call the cops...I'm sure more then Frank is going to be fired.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011

Walmart infuriates me. They care profit and nothing more. They treat employees and customers like garbage. Due to low wages and lack of affordable health care, Walmart employees have to turn to governmaent as such as food stamps, welfare, tencare ect...costing american tax payers over 157 billion dollars a year. I feel guilty everytime i spend my money at walmart