Want to be rich and famous? Think again! <My Testimony>

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PlayOn

I dont even know why Im posting this on here because after all, how can a 'testimony' online effect someone? but I would like to share the story of my life with you! I'll try and keep it short.

I grew up in a Christian home, my dad's a pastor (yep..pastor's kid here) and were a pretty strong family even though we still have our struggles and such like everyone does.

I began to play the guitar when I was 12yrs old and when I first picked up that instrument..I knew thats what I wanted to do with my life. To be a rockstar! I absolutely just fell in love with the guitar and I would play it for hours and hours everyday.
I joined the youth worship band at my church to gain experience playing with other musicians and had a great time with that band and leading the people into worship whenever we got to play.
I would then go on to play at camps, youth retreats and the more I kept on playing infront of people..the more the devil kept on tempting me even though I was playing God's music.

I'd be hearing thoughts like 'you should be playing for yourself..you can make a whole lot of money that way. You'll get fame, more girls, money, you'll be the king of rock.'
so, being the young punk that I was back then..I decided to listen and follow that temptation instead of what God's plan was with my music.
I soon started up my own rock band (I was in high school at this time) and yes, we werent a christian band. We would be practicing 3-4 times a week and we were really serious into our music. We'd be playing shows around town and just having a blast. I'd be going after the wrong kind of girls and each time after the relationship ended, I would feel so guilty and ashamed but continued to fall into that sin but did I care? no..I was living my dream! I would keep hearing these words in my head..'This is not what I have planned for you, Give it ALL to me and I will use you for the plan I have for you.' I would ignore those words many times as I wanted to be rich, famous and just live life for me and my music.

After high school I would go to study the guitar even further with different professional guitar players here in my city and I'd be writing music that totally did not glorify God at all.
Music is such a powerful tool in this world and satan was winning his fight for me by using his kind of music. Ya I was living the life on stage and just loved performing. Even though I was happy on the outside and making so many friends, I was depressed big time on the inside and broken. I was such a complete mess that I just had enough of 'my life' and wanted to give it all back to God and start living for Him.

I had some christian friends from church that kept on saying to me and encouraging me 'your such a talented musician, you would be even more talented if you were playing for God 100%.'
I would go to church growing up being a pastors kid but never really lived the Christian life and most of my friends were not christian.
I kept on hearing that voice inside my head saying 'Give it all to me, surrender your everything. I have plans for you.'
It was so tough for me to do but one night I just broke down and surrendered my everything to Christ. My life, My music..completely everything. I was 21 at this time.
I started getting more involved in church, attending small group Bible studies, helping out with youth group, teaching the youthies at my church how to play the guitar and just kept getting deeply connected and more in love with Jesus.

Just a few months ago he called me to go do my Ywam discipleship training school so I left to go to Hawaii for 6 months to get great discipleship training and to just have alot of one on one time with God.
One day I felt God telling me to tell the director of the place if I could lead worship during a worship session.
Nobody knew that I played guitar at the time (this was two weeks into the program) I didnt even touch the guitar at all as soon as I landed in Hawaii.
The director asked me if I played the guitar before and I was like 'ya, a little. I feel like God is telling me to lead worship here.' He was like 'alright, next week for worship time you can lead the worship.'
I lead the worship time and everyone was completely amazed. I got so many good feedback from that night about how God used me and how powerful it was. One of the other students was like to me 'its nice to know someone here can ACTUALLY play the guitar that just doesnt play chords all the time'

as the months went on..people kept on saying to me ' you know what? Gods going to use you to evangelise people through your music.' Or they would say 'Your going to make a great worship pastor someday!' I was like 'naw......but you really think so?'

God has definately used YWAM to change my life even more for the plans that he has for my life. I would pray to God about it and more and more its stronger that God does want me to do music with my life and this time..Im playing completely for him. I dont care what the 'world' thinks but when I play my music, write my songs, I want it to be all for His glory.

I just came back from my Ywam back in February and started taking more guitar classes..this time, He hooked me up with a worship pastor! pretty crazy stuff.
I dont care about being famous at all anymore, I just want to play for God and for him alone.
He has already used me big time in my return back home. Ive been leading worship at a small group Bible study, Ive been going to bars and evangelising to the people there with my guitar playing and music.
Im not sure where God is going to take me with my music but Im putting my complete trust in him with it.
Even if he doesnt call me to go 'big' I have my ministry right here in my home city evangelising to people here.

sorry for the long testimony, It could have been longer but kept it short as short as I could!

If you can pray for me that the devil doesnt get a hold of me again with my music (It gets very tempting sometimes still)
I want to preach the good news with my music in a heavy,lots of,energy, loud kind of way...Rock n Roll!

Peace!

A

anonymous04

Amen. Jesus said "It is easier for a camel to pass through the needle of an eye than for the rich to get to heaven". We should always seek the treasure of god rather than of this world. Any step toward self gain is a step away from god. We should always give god blessed me with that spirit.