Was Adam a giant compared to the height of modern day man?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this. But I'm going to share my opinion anyway, I don't ask that you believe, I ask that you proved me wrong.
It was not Adam that was the giant, It was Cain. That's why Cain was not accepted by Adam as his child and Played a huge role in our understanding of why Cain is not in the lineage of Adam.
Which version of the Bible are you reading?? Never says Adam didn't accept Cain. It does say Yahweh didn't accept his gift.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
No one knows except God. I have a lemon tree. The fruit is easy to pick. I had an apple tree, and my neighbours a mandarin tree. The fruit from both is easy to pick. I do believe that Adam could fly. How else could he subdue all of creation? So I doubt that it mattered how high the trees were. Just fly up and grab what you want.

There is genetic limit to how tall a person gets. I also doubt that Adam had to face dinosaurs and dragons. I believe that they were part of the creation prior to Adam. God made all things good. Why would Adam have to fight them even if they existed? He had authority over them.
Interesting thought about Adam possibly being able to fly.

Notice the curse related to the serpent. Some people think the serpent had legs prior to the Fall, but I have always believed that the serpent had wings. Winged and feathered serpents are part of the ancient mythologies of many peoples around the world. If serpents had legs that God took from them as part of the curse (making them crawl in the dust) then how were they vastly different from lizards, skinks, and similar animals?

Could humans fly originally? Maybe. I know we have a tendency to dream of flying and to want to do it, humanity in general, and also myself personally. Not sure where that longing comes from. I do believe we will fly in eternity. Kind of hard to get around both a new Heaven and Earth otherwise.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
From general knowledge is that the fruits of most trees are usually located at the top most apex of the tree, for example a mango tree which is mature might measure around more than 10 metres. Now if we assume the tree that Adam and Eve ate from were of the same height as the Mango tree and also the fruits being on top of the tree then if Adam was able to reach and pluck without climbing, then the impression of a giant is created.
  • actual mango tree:

Capture.PNG

• why would i assume Adam never climbed a tree??

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
maybe Adam was only 8 inches tall?
here's the argument -

it takes a whole lot of fig leaves to make a tunic for a 50ft woman