Was Adam and Eve a newer creation than genesis 1?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I do not believe Bob was referring to the ancients, as you have assumed, but the literacy rate of people much closer in time to us, from just before the invention of the printing press, when Roman Catholicism held sway and promoted their many perversions of Scripture, which the common man would know little of given their illiteracy.
You are correct! Specifically from Emperor Constantine to Martin Luther. However Nehemiah is partially correct. I realized I had been taught a pack of lies by the RCC, so I studied hard, alone, to separate the wheat from the chaff. I developed my own beliefs without denominational influence, when I could avoid them...

I now consider myself an ana-baptist saved by grace through faith not works. And I count works as blessings. I'm glad the Lord allows me to do them.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
The scriptures don't specifically speak of day eight or refer to an eighth day, to speak on it would be imaginations or hear-say from a source outside Gods inspired written preserved word.
My point is the 8th day started after the 7th day, where Gen 2 starts. Whether it's still the 8th day or the billionth it makes no difference to me. I'm still and thoroughly a creationist but the separations between Gen1 & Gen2 is a stumbling block to creation deniers because perhaps they are not 2 versions of the same narrative. But 2 different stories with creation as the connection. God does not serve time. He transgresses it. It serves him.

E

eternally-gratefull

When you believed in Gap theory what scriptures did you use for that belief?
The same ones your using.

I was an avid proponent of Gap. It explained all the science that it appeared scripture could not answer.

Thats where I went wrong, I used science to interpret scripture, instead of scripture to verify science.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
My point is the 8th day started after the 7th day, where Gen 2 starts. Whether it's still the 8th day or the billionth it makes no difference to me. I'm still and thoroughly a creationist but the separations between Gen1 & Gen2 is a stumbling block to creation deniers because perhaps they are not 2 versions of the same narrative. But 2 different stories with creation as the connection. God does not serve time. He transgresses it. It serves him.

eh?

Gen 2 starts on the 7th day, then there is a summary/review/peek into the wonderful works God did during the 7 days.... Why would anyone believe otherwise?

Do you think there is a contradiction brother?

E

eternally-gratefull

Correct. The Jews originated from the Israelites.
The jews are the Isrealites. The term Judah comes from the lower kingdom. At whcih after syria composed of people from all twelve tribes, Thats why the term is used interchangably

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
eh?

Gen 2 starts on the 7th day, then there is a summary/review/peek into the wonderful works God did during the 7 days.... Why would anyone believe otherwise?

Do you think there is a contradiction brother?
Also I hope if I take a strong stance I do not belittle you or your stance in any way, I see you as my elder and my brother in Christ and I would never snap at a brother over issues of the creation and not even the saving gospel or about our Father Himself when we all lack perfect understanding in this area.

E

eternally-gratefull

It is only a stumbling block if you let it.

I used it (the GAP theory) to counter darwinism, because it was the only logical explanation I could give for what appeared to be a billion year old earth.

But is the earth really that old. Or does it just appear to be that old?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
It is only a stumbling block if you let it.

I used it (the GAP theory) to counter darwinism, because it was the only logical explanation I could give for what appeared to be a billion year old earth.

But is the earth really that old. Or does it just appear to be that old?
I don't care, all I know is; God made it before he made us.

E

eternally-gratefull

I don't care, all I know is; God made it before he made us.
Amen and Amen

Facts are we will not really know until we see him, Because the flood wiped away any possible evidence which could show how it was before then, We have nto even found those Great cities Cain and his descendants built. Because the flood thoroughly wiped them off the earth.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Many scholars believe that Genesis began as literary work by Enoch. He is credited as the inventor of the written word however, God took him and Moses finished the project.
Why not ignore the ignorant scholars, and focus on what the Lord had to say about the Torah? He called it "the Law of Moses", or just "Moses", and there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
If Adam not first man, where the descendent of first man, who are we, are we the descendent of first man?
How many time God create a man, did after Adam God create other man?
About language
Genesis record dialogue between God and human, Adam and Eve, human and serpent, seem to me they have a langaugage to communicate
Adam and Eve, the parents of Cain and Able had language because the world was well developed by that time.
The account of Adam, Eve and the serpent is an Old Testament parable that tells us sin came into the world by disobedience to God.

Here are some dates for your information.
200,000 B.C. Homo sapiens, the first modern humans, appear in Africa.
62.000 B.C. Bow and arrows with stone points (arrowheads) are used.
30,000 B.C. Cro-Maqgnon man is flourishing, moving from the Near East into Europe, lives by hunting and gathering. Cro-Magnon’s painted caves with drawings of the animals they killed.
25,000 B.C. Bering Strait is crossed by humans, connecting Asia to the Americas.
18,000 B.C. Clay pottery ware is created. Humans begin to use raw metals.
10,000 B.C. Humans make it to the southem most point of South America.
8,000 8.C. The Neolithic Revolution and an agriculture way of life is discovered in the Fertile Crescent(Middle Eastern area. Cows and sheep were domesticated and crops where manipulated and tended.
6500 B.C. The oceans and sea rises. England is now cut off from Europe by land.
6000.B.C.. First beer is brewed from grain in the Near East.
5500 B.C. First settled societies in the Mesopotamia region.
4500 B.C. Humans learn how to use the plow.
4250 8.C. Development of copper and bronze metallurgy.
4242 B.C. The very first year on the Eqyptian calendar.
4000 B.C. The wheel is invented and begins to be used. Rice farming in China is developed.
3,400 8.C. Beginning forms of writing. Earliest zigqurats are built.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
When you believed in Gap theory what scriptures did you use for that belief?
I believe in the First Earth Age because

when God is questioning Job in Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and ALL the sons of God shouted for joy? I have not found a better explanation, when God is telling us that He witnessed us ALL TOGETHER?

when God is describing the "Dinosaur with the tail like a cedar tree" I meant "Behemoth" we have not had them in the past 6000 years, since ADAM and EVE were formed and science says they are much older, I do not have another explanation

When I realized Satan was ALREADY BAD in the garden of Eden, and Satan had been called Lucifer a protecting cherubim and made the full pattern by God, there was a whole life before that point.

Also, in Isaiah where GOD does state MOST INFATICALLY at 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
and he turns right around and in Gen 1:2 to state "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"?

And that this, without form and void EARTH God starts out working with in the beginning of this age, can be no other that the one He rendered basically dead, yet not a full end to from before.

This also, NOAH was ALIVE, in the ark and with family for that flood, where day and night still existed, the flood that was to rid the earth of the fallen angels and their offspring

which is in direct conflict with

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

THERE WAS NO MAN, let alone a woman and THE HEAVENS HAD NO LIGHT, and that sounds just like Gen 1:2 which would mean that this had to have happened BEFORE because it certainly hasn't happened since,

and put together with

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2 Peter 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Leaves no other possibility.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
There is no question that Adam is the name of the first man in both the OT and the NT. So no one is falling into any trap. Kindly consult Strong's Exhaustive Concordance which will have every mention of "Adam" listed.
And GodH430 said,H559 Let us makeH6213 manH120 in our image,H6754 after our likeness:H1823 and let them have dominionH7287 over the fishH1710 of the sea,H3220 and over the fowlH5775 of the air,H8064 and over the cattle,H929 and over allH3605 the earth,H776 and over everyH3605 creeping thingH7431 that creepethH7430 uponH5921 the earth.H776 (Gen 1:26 KJV+)

H120
'a^da^m
aw-dawm'
From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Total KJV occurrences: 541

Man in the Hebrew is 'a^da^m or aw-dawm' It is the Hebrew word for man. It is not a name.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Why not ignore the ignorant scholars, and focus on what the Lord had to say about the Torah? He called it "the Law of Moses", or just "Moses", and there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible.
Because of things like this

Hebrews 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Adam and Eve, the parents of Cain and Able had language because the world was well developed by that time.
The account of Adam, Eve and the serpent is an Old Testament parable that tells us sin came into the world by disobedience to God.

200,000 B.C. Homo sapiens, the first modern humans, appear in Africa.
62.000 B.C. Bow and arrows with stone points (arrowheads) are used.
30,000 B.C. Cro-Maqgnon man is flourishing, moving from the Near East into Europe, lives by hunting and gathering. Cro-Magnon’s painted caves with drawings of the animals they killed.
25,000 B.C. Bering Strait is crossed by humans, connecting Asia to the Americas.
18,000 B.C. Clay pottery ware is created. Humans begin to use raw metals.
10,000 B.C. Humans make it to the southem most point of South America.
8,000 8.C. The Neolithic Revolution and an agriculture way of life is discovered in the Fertile Crescent(Middle Eastern area. Cows and sheep were domesticated and crops where manipulated and tended.
6000.B.C.. First beer is brewed from grain in the Near East.
5500 B.C. First settled societies in the Mesopotamia region.
4500 B.C. Humans learn how to use the plow.
4250 8.C. Development of copper and bronze metallurgy.
4242 B.C. The very first year on the Eqyptian calendar.
4000 B.C. The wheel is invented and begins to be used. Rice farming in China is developed.
3,400 8.C. Beginning forms of writing. Earliest zigqurats are built.
Behind such dates there are unbiblical (or even anti-biblical) presumptions about the nature of earth's history. There also is a lot of pseudo-science such as radiometric dating, which is full of unprovable assumptions.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
8,000 B.C. Adam & Eve
6,500 B.C. The area where the 4 rivers used to converge at the Garden of Eden had became the Persian gulf.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
And GodH430 said,H559 Let us makeH6213 manH120 in our image,H6754 after our likeness:H1823 and let them have dominionH7287 over the fishH1710 of the sea,H3220 and over the fowlH5775 of the air,H8064 and over the cattle,H929 and over allH3605 the earth,H776 and over everyH3605 creeping thingH7431 that creepethH7430 uponH5921 the earth.H776 (Gen 1:26 KJV+)

H120
'a^da^m
aw-dawm'
From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Total KJV occurrences: 541

Man in the Hebrew is 'a^da^m or aw-dawm' It is the Hebrew word for man. It is not a name.
Adam, Ha-Adam and eth ha adam. different meanings.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
I believe the age prior to the present perished with cold.

The recreation began with Adam and Eve.
There were several ice ages, about six I think. In the Ice Age I am most familiar with, the ice was about a mile thick, and as the ice melted, moving as it did because ice is slippery, it moved loads of rocks that were embedded in it, from Scotland to near where I live in the north of England. It is called Stannage Edge and mountaineers travel miles to climb it.

People were living through all of this.