Was Adam and Eve a newer creation than genesis 1?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Lets talk about an example

God created the stars in the sky, according to him, he created them to be a for signs and seasons and days and years (as a guide for mankind)

So

1. Did God creat them, then have to wait light years for their light to reach the earth

Or

2. Since God created them FOR MANKIND, did he creat them WITH their light already appearing on the earth no matter how far away they were?

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Isaiah 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God Himself That formed the earth and made it; HE hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

When I read this, I SEE and HEAR
He created the heavens
He Himself, formed the earth and made it
He established it
He created it NOT in vain
He formed it to be inhabited

He created the heavens and the earth to be inhabited. He did NOT create it vain.

Now me personally, when I read this I say to myself, Wait just a minute. In Gen 1:2 I read And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters

So I automatically think GOD MADE A MISTAKE. I quickly slow my roll, and I tell myself once again, as I have many times before, IT ISN'T THE WORD that is lacking, you are just embarking on some new knowledge. My heart starts to beat faster because I am about to open a door no man will be able to shut. And do you want to know why? Because I have been here quite a few times before. Started with that "apple thing" in the garden all those years ago. Another story another time but ONE of the best gifts God ever gave me. I was 100% Incorrect. God says "We can do this MY way, or you can try it your way first and then we can do this MY Way, because I am the Word and I will grace you with knowledge but this stuff I am willing for you to possess BUT only after you yourself SEEK it".

So when I see the perceived "conflict", I know I am in for some heavy research, reading, study. (my favorite thing in the whole wide world). Start with questions, what are my problems. Problem 1 is God said "it was without form" and now in Isaiah God tells me "Yes it was but I didn't create it that way". And I say You didn't, and God says Nope and I ask God well what happened? and God tells me "SEEK and ye shall find" So I start to seek.

Mar 21, 2019
Well that's the traditional way of looking at it. But I question tradition because before Gutenberg were largely illiterate. They thought the earth was flat and persecuted Galileo.
Some still believe the Earth is flat, and Galileo wasn't badly persecuted, despite being wrong.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
The concordance, the interlinear, the bible, get to it.

Gen 1:1 in beginning "the heaven" just one. The world that then was...confirmed in 2 Pet 3:5,6, explain fossils, remains of past, an event before
Gen 1:2 "without form" which is same word as in Isaiah 45:18. Because of that it had to BECOME, hence the ruin it became, the formless void that was lit up.
*** for future reference make note 1:1 the heaven-singular distinguishing it from 2:1 the heavens-plural***

Proverbs 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before His works of old. 23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 26 While as yet He had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. 27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: 28 When he established the clouds above: when He strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29 When He gave to the sea His decree, that the waters should not pass His commandment: when He appointed the foundations of the earth: 30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with Him: and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him; 31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. 32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

Absolutely earth created to be inhabited, NOT created NULL and VOID, needing to find out where that 1:2 "void... darkness "appeared" from HAD TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE. Can I get a second witness???

Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

Is God saying that ALL His sons and stars shouted for joy and sang as He was creating the earth? He is talking about laying the foundations of it, is He talking about the longitude and latitudes? the foundations fastened, and He is talking about LAYING DOWN THE CORNER STONE (the stone that the builders rejected???) that is when He is mentioning us.

Got a second witness. Finished reading the rest of Job and WOW. Peters "The world that then was..... perished" uh huh. Darkness over the face of the earth, bet it got cold enough for an ice age. Bet those behemoths with the tails like a cedar tree died off.

So if earth created to be inhabited, (and God you say so, so I say so too), and it became void and darkness upon it, WHAT Happened? I remember... his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth. I'll just bet those are the same stars who shouted for joy when the earth was being created, and I'll just bet that that made God really mad, and sad, because if someone else drew them, they took them from God.

I know that Satan is the dragon. made the full pattern. I know Satan is the serpent who deceived Eve. I know that God loved and trusted Satan (he protected the mercy seat after all ) till INIQUITY was found in him.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Better? No.:eek:
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

God created the earth "to be inhabited", (Is 45)
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

God giving some details of that creation "age"

God speaking TO JOB (Job 38)
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
ALL THE STARS AND SONS SANG AND SHOUTED FOR JOY TOGETHER. LUCIFER TOO.

LUCIFER GOOD,
Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

THEN SOMETHING WENT WRONG
Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Revelation 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. ***7-10-7***
Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, (THE ENDING OF THAT AGE) (THE BEGINNING OF THIS ONE) and did cast them to the earth: (PUTTING US IN FLESH BODIES)

WHAT WAS THE REASON FOR THE INIQUITY?
2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. THIS IS WHAT SATAN WANTS, HAS ALWAYS WANTED, AND WHAT HE IS GOING TO ASK OF YOU.

Does God TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT HOW THAT MADE HIM FEEL AND WHAT HE DID ABOUT IT?

Jeremiah 4:19 My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.
20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

WHAT HAPPENS AND WHAT DOES AN EARTH LOOK LIKE AFTER GODS "DESTRUCTION UPON DESTRUCTION" IS CRIED,
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

GOD SAYS THERE WAS "NO MAN". WHEN GOD SAYS THERE WAS NO MAN, THAT MEANS NO MAN, NOT EVEN ON AN ARK.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

YET WILL I NOT MAKE A FULL END AND HE DIDN'T

HERE GOD SAYS HE IS GOING TO DO IT
Jeremiah 28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

(GOD HAS willed us another chance. We are going to be "born from above" (because He destroyed the earth and set us in a new habitation, and we will be put in flesh "born of water" or woman's womb).

HERE IS WHERE HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED IT Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

AND HAVING SOMETHING TO WORK WITH ALREADY,
God said LET THERE BE LIGHT, let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

AND "THE DRY LAND APPEARED", because it was already there

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and REPLENISH (IMPLYING THERE HAD BEEN "A" BEFORE) the earth,

Now, we know why Satan is ALREADY bad by the time he hits the garden of Eden.
We know why we must be born "from above" "born of water" as opposed to "the fallen angels left their habitation, instead of being born of water" "doing their own will and forsaking the will of God".
We know there is a "habitation" where all souls are before put into flesh bodies because of what we are told of the fallen angels. We know exactly what it means when we read, "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it".

We have an understanding of,
2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: THAT WAS THEN

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. THIS IS NOW

"NEVER, EVER ADD OR SUBTRACT FROM THE WORD OF GOD" because if I have to "fill in" or "speculate" I DO NOT HAVE HIS TRUTH.

Questions answered : How many times has the earth been flooded? 2, once when it perished completely, and once flooded to take out the "fallen angels and the evil they produced".

Were their dinosaurs on the Ark? No, they died at the end of the first earth age.

Is science right that the earth is millions of years old and not just 14,000? Yes, the earth is millions of years old.

Did God create "evil"? No, Lucifer/Satan was made perfect till iniquity was found in him. He went bad in the first earth "age" and that is how he showed up in the garden ALREADY bad.

Did God create the earth to be inhabited? Yes, but at the betrayal of Satan He rendered it "tohu va bohu" void and without form after Lucifer/Satans rebellion.

Did He create all souls and did they all live together at the same time in first age? Yes, when all sang and shouted for joy.

Is there a difference between Gen 1:1 and Gen 2:1 Yes. Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. I know all the host of them means all souls that are ever going to be, already are at that point. What does "plural" heaven mean? > idk but iwfo maybe ***maybe the separation in heaven for death of the flesh is created????****

Has Heaven undergone a change that the earth has not? Yes, because there is "the heaven and the earth in Gen 1 and there are "the heaven(s) and the earth in Gen 2. What does that mean>idk but iwfo, maybe.

Posting now even though not finished cause I have got to go

Apr 15, 2017
An angel if they sinned cannot be redeemed for they are only one part in their being, so when they sinned they tainted their whole being not being able to put off the sin from themselves.

Adam and Eve were created from the dust of the earth, flesh, and a spirit, and soul, so they can be redeemed for all sin resides in the flesh, for there is no good thing that dwells in the flesh, and they can put off the flesh, and preserve their soul, and be saved, and the spirit goes back to God regardless of how the person acted on earth.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God created man from the dust of the earth, and in His image, and after His likeness, which is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Which in the Old Testament Adam was made in the image of God, and in the New Testament Adam was made in the figure, image, of Him to come who is the Lord Jesus Christ.

The image of God is the image of Christ, which God created man in the image that He would show up in the future, and that is an innocent nature in flesh.

Which Jesus is the beginning of creation, and the firstborn among many creatures, for God had the plan to come in the flesh in the future before He started creating anything, and He calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened, which the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

Which in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, which is the plan of God to come in the future in flesh revealing Himself to the Jews in a visible image, and to save them, which all things were created by Him, and without Him was nothing created that was created, which if God did not have the plan to come in the future in flesh He would of not created anything He created.

If in Genesis 1 where God created man in His image, which is the image of Christ, then in Genesis 1 would be the same creation as that of Genesis 2 with Adam and Eve.

Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 is talking about the same creation.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Also if in Genesis 1 was the sixth day of creation, and in Genesis 2 it speaks of the 7th day where God rested from all the works He did, then what did He create in Genesis 2 if He rested from the works He did, and did not create anything.

Also if it speaks in Genesis 1 of the 6th day of creation, and then in Genesis 2 of the 7th day of rest then it is obvious that it is the same creation in Genesis 1 and 2.

Also if Genesis 2 is a different creation then why does it start with the 7th day, and says nothing about the 6 days before, for there must be 6 days before it.

Genesis 1 and 2 is the same creation concerning Adam and Eve, and God saw all that He created was good for it was all influenced by good in His creation coming from God, and there was no evil influence upon creation during God creating anything, for Satan did not taint anything God created at the finish of it, and Adam and Eve were created with an innocent nature in flesh, and the animals and people were not contrary to each other, and Adam and Eve, and the animals were plant eaters, so there was nothing disruptive during creation, and at the finish of creation.

But here is something to consider.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

What mighty men which were of old, and what men of reknown, which sounds like a class of people that has not been on earth before from the time of Adam and Eve until then when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men.

Also how could they be continually evil unless the evil spirits interacted with mankind, which I do not believe they had sex with the women, but had sex through the men with the women, and the people were influenced by the devil, and that is why they were so evil.

Which this is what will happen at the beast kingdom where they will be continually evil again, for God will send strong delusion to all those who do not love Him, which means they will be deceived by the devil, and lose their human choice, and have the nature of a devil.

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

This appears as the same account as in Genesis 1, but what mountains, and what hills, and what man, and what birds, and what fruitful place at that time.

It appears as if there was a creation before this creation, and Satan disrupted it when he was kicked out of the 3rd heaven, and God was angry, and destroyed it, and started over, and when the sons of God influenced the people before the flood that they became the same type of people as the prior creation, which they became mighty men of old, men of reknown, and continually evil like the people at the prior creation.

For God would not go against people to do away with them unless they were continually evil which would happen if the devils influenced them like what will happen at the beast kingdom.

Before the flood where they were continually evil so God went against them, and wiped them out, except for Noah and his family, and at the beast kingdom they will be continually evil that follow the beast, so God will go against them, except for the saints, and Sodom and Gomorrah where there was none righteous, so God destroyed the cities.

I do not know if there was a creation prior to this creation, but Genesis 1 and 2 is the same creation concerning Adam and Eve.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
An angel if they sinned cannot be redeemed for they are only one part in their being, so when they sinned they tainted their whole being not being able to put off the sin from themselves.

Adam and Eve were created from the dust of the earth, flesh, and a spirit, and soul, so they can be redeemed for all sin resides in the flesh, for there is no good thing that dwells in the flesh, and they can put off the flesh, and preserve their soul, and be saved, and the spirit goes back to God regardless of how the person acted on earth.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God created man from the dust of the earth, and in His image, and after His likeness, which is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Which in the Old Testament Adam was made in the image of God, and in the New Testament Adam was made in the figure, image, of Him to come who is the Lord Jesus Christ.

The image of God is the image of Christ, which God created man in the image that He would show up in the future, and that is an innocent nature in flesh.

Which Jesus is the beginning of creation, and the firstborn among many creatures, for God had the plan to come in the flesh in the future before He started creating anything, and He calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened, which the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

Which in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, which is the plan of God to come in the future in flesh revealing Himself to the Jews in a visible image, and to save them, which all things were created by Him, and without Him was nothing created that was created, which if God did not have the plan to come in the future in flesh He would of not created anything He created.

If in Genesis 1 where God created man in His image, which is the image of Christ, then in Genesis 1 would be the same creation as that of Genesis 2 with Adam and Eve.

Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 is talking about the same creation.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Also if in Genesis 1 was the sixth day of creation, and in Genesis 2 it speaks of the 7th day where God rested from all the works He did, then what did He create in Genesis 2 if He rested from the works He did, and did not create anything.

Also if it speaks in Genesis 1 of the 6th day of creation, and then in Genesis 2 of the 7th day of rest then it is obvious that it is the same creation in Genesis 1 and 2.

Also if Genesis 2 is a different creation then why does it start with the 7th day, and says nothing about the 6 days before, for there must be 6 days before it.

Genesis 1 and 2 is the same creation concerning Adam and Eve, and God saw all that He created was good for it was all influenced by good in His creation coming from God, and there was no evil influence upon creation during God creating anything, for Satan did not taint anything God created at the finish of it, and Adam and Eve were created with an innocent nature in flesh, and the animals and people were not contrary to each other, and Adam and Eve, and the animals were plant eaters, so there was nothing disruptive during creation, and at the finish of creation.

But here is something to consider.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

What mighty men which were of old, and what men of reknown, which sounds like a class of people that has not been on earth before from the time of Adam and Eve until then when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men.

Also how could they be continually evil unless the evil spirits interacted with mankind, which I do not believe they had sex with the women, but had sex through the men with the women, and the people were influenced by the devil, and that is why they were so evil.

Which this is what will happen at the beast kingdom where they will be continually evil again, for God will send strong delusion to all those who do not love Him, which means they will be deceived by the devil, and lose their human choice, and have the nature of a devil.

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

This appears as the same account as in Genesis 1, but what mountains, and what hills, and what man, and what birds, and what fruitful place at that time.

It appears as if there was a creation before this creation, and Satan disrupted it when he was kicked out of the 3rd heaven, and God was angry, and destroyed it, and started over, and when the sons of God influenced the people before the flood that they became the same type of people as the prior creation, which they became mighty men of old, men of reknown, and continually evil like the people at the prior creation.

For God would not go against people to do away with them unless they were continually evil which would happen if the devils influenced them like what will happen at the beast kingdom.

Before the flood where they were continually evil so God went against them, and wiped them out, except for Noah and his family, and at the beast kingdom they will be continually evil that follow the beast, so God will go against them, except for the saints, and Sodom and Gomorrah where there was none righteous, so God destroyed the cities.

I do not know if there was a creation prior to this creation, but Genesis 1 and 2 is the same creation concerning Adam and Eve.
I really need the scripture for these to even reply, not to mention I am can't wait to see how you got this from the Word.
1 Angel cannot be redeemed if they sin
2 Angel only one part being
3 Where sin taints a whole angels being
4 Where they can not put it off
5 Where adam and eve were created
6 Where "all sin resides in flesh"
7 Where putting of flesh preserves the soul

The "if 1 makes 2 the same" is incorrect. They are not talking about the sane creation. Gen 1 sixth day of creation??? and I would really need an explanation for the rest.

You get into the fallen angels, you believe no sex, we disagree. I believe the reason for that flood was not from "ordinary man evil" or God would have to be doing that all the time. What was it that made Noah perfect? Because they hadn't "mixed". SEX.

There was a creation before this one was started afresh. It was the 1st age in which Satan had the down fall. God is not the author of confusion hence you will notice the Rev 12 7-10-7 as opposed to the Rev 13 7-10-10 just so you would not get confused.

There is nothing new under the sun. What will happen has happened before. The fallen angels will return again and it will be like the days of Noah. Gen 1 the heaven and earth 2 the heavenS and earth. There is a difference.

U

UnderGrace

Is science right that the earth is millions of years old and not just 14,000? Yes, the earth is millions of years old.
The science is pretty strong that the earth is old.

The bio deposits in the centre of the earth (oil, coal etc.,) are one proof and the fact that plutonium is no longer found on the earth..... are two reasons that point to an old earth.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019

The bio deposits in the centre of the earth (oil, coal etc.,) are one proof and the fact that plutonium is no longer found on the earth..... are two reasons that point to an old earth.
What is the plutonium thing?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Adam was created that way, but Eve was made from Adam's rib :)
Matthew Henry says, “She was not made out of his head to top him, she was not made out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal to him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved."

E

eternally-gratefull

Where do those things come from?

Those questions can be answered, and it does not need an old earth.

E

eternally-gratefull

Ask yourselves

Why is their water (heavy) on commets and asteroids. Why are there things found ONLY on earth

Where did the grand canyon come from

Where did the fossil record come from

How about mountains, why are they all facing one way?

The mid ocean ridge or trench? What is it?

How about radioactive elements? (Science now knows how these things are formed)

Why does it appear the earth has shifted on its axis (areas that were tropical are now polar)

How did the mammoths get frozen with food still in their mouths (this takes a drop in temperature of -175 degrees F rapidly, almost simulatniously. How can this be explained?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There's a hermeneutical principle that is often overlooked in this particular topic. The principle is that we should interpret what is unclear in light of what is clear.

Exodus 20:11 states, "For in six days, the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the seas and everything in them." That is about as clear as it gets. If you try to fit long ages between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, or some other gap between chapters 1 and 2, you must toss out Ex. 20:11 or impose some redefined "days" in a way that the text doesn't support.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Are people not aware that when it says "God created man" it is referring to the whole of mankind, females as well?

Likewise are people not familiar with Gen 1:27 that says:

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
There's a hermeneutical principle that is often overlooked in this particular topic. The principle is that we should interpret what is unclear in light of what is clear.

Exodus 20:11 states, "For in six days, the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the seas and everything in them." That is about as clear as it gets. If you try to fit long ages between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, or some other gap between chapters 1 and 2, you must toss out Ex. 20:11 or impose some redefined "days" in a way that the text doesn't support.
Obviously we are not intended to "toss out" any scripture, but rather to correctly understand it. Oh how I wish people would go back to the Hebrew and realise that yome means a period of time, and adamah means man or mankind regardless of gender.

Thank you.

E

eternally-gratefull

Obviously we are not intended to "toss out" any scripture, but rather to correctly understand it. Oh how I wish people would go back to the Hebrew and realise that yome means a period of time, and adamah means man or mankind regardless of gender.

Thank you.
The evening and the morning were the first day.
It does not matter how a word CAN be translated. What matters is CONTEXT in which the word is USED.

U

UnderGrace

What is the plutonium thing?
No elements with half-lives shorter that plutonium are found in nature, on the other hand every single element with a half-life longer that plutonium is found in nature, nature being the crust of the earth. Plutonium has a half-life of 88 million years. It has decayed away.

Plutonium would still be here if it was a young earth, the fact that there is none in nature means that the earth must be older than millions of years.

The only explanation for this phenomenon is that Earth has been around long enough for the shorter-lived isotopes to decay away, living only the longer-lived ones.
There are other radio-isotopes that have also decayed away also.