Was Jesus planning to return within a generation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 12, 2012
"Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." Matthew 10:23

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

"Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." Matthew 24:34
Yes He was! And yes He did!!

Oct 13, 2019
Yes He was! And yes He did!!
This answer is getting annoying.

Read the full verses.

"For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Jesus did not come yet in His Father's glory, nor with angels, nor has he re-payed anyone (judgement). These verses have bilateral context.

Oct 12, 2012
This answer is getting annoying.

Read the full verses.

"For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Jesus did not come yet in His Father's glory, nor with angels, nor has he re-payed anyone (judgement). These verses have bilateral context.
Sorry you are wrong and the scriptures are right!!

.. some of you standing here will not taste death untill they see the son of man coming (again- a second time) .... ....All of these things will come upon this generation....30ad-70ad

This word was to his disciples who were there with him in 30ad it had nothing to do with you in the 21st century? Listen to what is being said in it's context.

Yes he did judge the faithful and unfaithful of old covenant Israel!!

Sorry that you are so great in your own mind that i can annoy you so easily!

Where do you come up with this bilateral context crap? Stop taking things out of it's historical context just because it doesn't fit with what you've been taught!

Oct 13, 2019
I like how most questions on this forum aren't regarding dispensationalism, yet there's always a dispensationalist who's doctrine is questioned, because nothing they believe actually fits scripture. So they twist it to their own destruction.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
When I see two or three gathered together and worshiping God that seems pretty physical to me.
None of those two or three physical bodies will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.. So you cannot physically see the Kingdom of God when two or three are gathered in His Name.. You can know it is there spiritually but it is not physical,, yet..

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
But we have to remember that a thousand years is as one day with the Lord, 2 Pet 3:8.
Thats true but a thousand years is still a thousand years to US humans. So how do you explain the millenium? Was Jesus really on earth for a thousand years and we somehow missed it? Cos we now in 2019 which is more than 1000 years since his first coming.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Thats true but a thousand years is still a thousand years to US humans. So how do you explain the millenium? Was Jesus really on earth for a thousand years and we somehow missed it? Cos we now in 2019 which is more than 1000 years since his first coming.
Looks like we are in the second day. according to God's view.