WATCH & LEARN

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

What have you learned from observing the marriages of your friends and family that you want to apply to your own marriage should you have the opporunity? What are some of the pitfalls you want to avoid? What are some of the blessings you want to carry with you? What have you learned from your own past relationships in this regard that you think will help you?

K

kayem77

I have learned that ''winning'' is not important, that always getting your own way can destroy a relationship and even though winning makes you happy at first, it slowly kills the love and makes you miserable and bitter at the end. Too many wounds to your loved one are wounds for you too, since a marriage requires two. I've also learned that a marriage without God is like going to swim in the middle of a storm with no lifeguard to take care of you.
I love my parents but I wish I'm not like them when I'm married. I want to avoid pride and selfishness mainly among other things. The biggest blessing I want to have is our selfless love,honesty, and communication; and most important and required,God.

B

babarainbowsheep

I think Kayems reply was nice and agree. :)
I do have further more thoughts of the holy union I cant express or formulate right now.

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
I would say, from my parents, I've seen a great example of staying together no matter what life throws at you.

Aug 2, 2009
Don't argue because the wife always wins

B

Bridget_in_China

Wow..I've seen so many examples of good and bad marriages in my lifetime. More bad than good unfortunately. My mother has been married 4 times.. She isn't a believer and she tries to fill that void in her life with men, therefore marriages always fall apart. I've seen some marriages out in the field here that are also bad. People who are so 'focused' on ministry that they completely ignore their spouse/children. I've also seen some wonderful marriages both in and out of the church.. I just continually pray for these people, and that God will allow me to learn from these examples.

All I know is that when a couple keeps the focus on God, and have a genuine love for one another, mutual respect and all, the marriage is a success. Yes there will still be disagreements/problems/trials and such, but when you're mindful of giving God the glory and not yourself or your circumstances, everything in your life will tend to fall in the right place. I hope and pray that when God blesses me with a husband I will still continue to seek out God's glory! (together with my man!) Woohoo!