Water Baptism.....Only One Way is proper

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Acts 4v12 says there is no other name given wherby we can be saved, accept Jesus
he also said he is the good shepeard, nobody enters in any other way, Every Knee shall
bow and every tounge confess, Jesus Christ is Lord; apostles baptized in the name of
Jesus for remission of sins, then they recieved gift of Holy Ghost
Why would apostles baptize in Jesus name after, he commanded the Father , Son and Holy Ghost

E

enochson

Interesting my post is removed. So I will still sit on the blank with christ and say the one with firer is the one that's the gift to come unto man.

R

Rickee

Acts 4v12 says there is no other name given wherby we can be saved, accept Jesus
he also said he is the good shepeard, nobody enters in any other way, Every Knee shall
bow and every tounge confess, Jesus Christ is Lord; apostles baptized in the name of
Jesus for remission of sins, then they recieved gift of Holy Ghost
Why would apostles baptize in Jesus name after, he commanded the Father , Son and Holy Ghost
And Let' s not forget this verse...." In all you SAY OR DO, DO ALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST" No mention of Father, Son, Holy Ghost.....

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
No Sir, Jesus told them to Baptize IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, SON,HOLY GHOST. As I already showed....Father, Son, Holy Ghost are TITLES not anyone' s Name. I am a Father And A Son but that is not my Name....All Fathers and Sons have the Same Name. The Same with Jesus and his Father. Jesus stated in John 5 v 43.." I am come in my FATHER'S NAME, and you Believe me not....." it' s a No Brainer...If Jesus came in his Father' s Name his name is also Jesus....What about The Holy Ghost? The Bible teaches there isconly ONE SPIRIT. God is a Spirit( The Father) and The Holy Ghost is a Spirit, and there is only ONE SPIRIT ( I Corinthians 12 v 13/Ephesians 4 v 4) The Father and Holy Ghost are The One Spirit, not " Person #1, and Person # 3" in a fictitious " Trinity" of supposedly 3 " Persons"....The Holy Ghost is Jesus in Spirit...read this; John 14 v 26..." But The Comforter, which is THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME....." So again we see THE NAME is Jesus...
Rickee, I am not here to argue with you about the trinity, I am only clarifying my previous post. You cannot draw conclusions from one verse of the scripture without considering what other verses explicitly reveal about the subject. Matthew 28:19 explicitly reveals how baptism should be conducted.

From my understanding of your posts you are claiming that Jesus is God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit personified. This is untrue. In John 14:24, Jesus said "He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:..., but the Father's which sent me". If Jesus is God the Father, why did He say in Luke 22:42 "Father, if thou be willing, remove thus cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine be done". Jesus couldn't have been saying to himself to remove the cup from him, could He?

Jesus is NOT the Holy Spirit. In John 14:26 prior to Jesus’ departure, He told His disciple that He will send the Holy Spirit (the comforter) in His name (meaning on His behalf). That does not mean that Jesus is the Holy Spirit; He couldn't have sent himself, could He?

The trinity of one God consist of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. While they work in harmony, they are distinct personalities.

Jesus, the perfect example, before ascending into heaven instructed His disciples (including us) to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All other ways are false and disobedience to His commandments. In Acts 2:38 Peter’s words meant that when someone is baptizing another person in the name of Jesus (in the authority of Christ) they should say "I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost"; he wasn’t contradicting Matt 28:19.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
And Let' s not forget this verse...." In all you SAY OR DO, DO ALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST" No mention of Father, Son, Holy Ghost.....[/quote there is the baptism of water in Jesus name for remission of sins , then the baptism of the Holy Ghost, that is a promise according to acts 2:38

E

eternally-gratefull

Good Question..here is your Answer...Jesus said." He that Beleiveth on me as THE SCRIPTURE SAITH........."
God will not compromise his Word and teachings with any man, and any Church because that Man or Church decides they want to do it another way....

Why chance loosing Eternal Salvation by obeying a Doctrine of a Church or man?
1. Water baptism, no matter how it is done, will never save anyone.
2. If one is not washed or baptized by god himself (the HS) then he is not saved.
3. one who is converted is washed by the HS (Titus 3: 5), Then his first command is to be baptized in water.
4. On judgment day, If you expect your 'work" of baptism to save you, you will be like the jew who thought their circumcision saved them. lost with no hope. because you placed your faith in self and your own work and not the work of Christ.

finally. Jesus is God, but he is not the father, or the spirit. God is one in union, but 3 in person. scripture is clear on this subject.

E

enochson

2. If one is not washed or baptized by god himself (the HS) then he is not saved.
3. one who is converted is washed by the HS (Titus 3: 5), Then his first command is to be baptized in water.
4. On judgment day, If you expect your 'work" of baptism to save you, you will be like the jew who thought their circumcision saved them. lost with no hope. because you placed your faith in self and your own work and not the work of Christ.

finally. Jesus is God, but he is not the father, or the spirit. God is one in union, but 3 in person. scripture is clear on this subject.
ok some insight here but 1 is right 2 is wrong you turn it into a work agian 3 is wrong it just a law of man jesus didn't do it to anyone the way man does 4 judgement day as all ready pass heb.10;27 & please read 28

R

realz

No it wouldn't be just. I believe God is a just God and therefore in His Omnipotence he would give opportunity to such a person.

E

enochson

No it wouldn't be just. I believe God is a just God and therefore in His Omnipotence he would give opportunity to such a person.
His just act of heb.9;27&28 is just that he let man take man justice out on god himself. Sorry in my above post I wrote chapther 10 and not 9 forgive me.

E

eternally-gratefull

ok some insight here but 1 is right 2 is wrong you turn it into a work agian
Please explain how 2 is a work? this makes no sense.

3 is wrong it just a law of man jesus didn't do it to anyone the way man does 4 judgement day as all ready pass heb.10;27 & please read 28
again this makes no sense. Did you read titus 3: 5. Not by works we have done we WERE saved by the washing (baptism) and renewing (new birth or regeneration) of the (performed by) the Holy Spirit.

E

enochson

Please explain how 2 is a work? this makes no sense.

again this makes no sense. Did you read titus 3: 5. Not by works we have done we WERE saved by the washing (baptism) and renewing (new birth or regeneration) of the (performed by) the Holy Spirit.
2 If it's of god and it's his time to do that act in someone life then it will happean nothing can stop it god doesn't need it to be a stage of beleif or a law of man. We were not saved by the baptism of man the baptism god is talking about is when the ground (which man was made from) came out of the water in genesis 1. And oh by the was I moved over half the USA in the 70's doing the acts two event all over.

E

eternally-gratefull

2 If it's of god and it's his time to do that act in someone life then it will happean nothing can stop it god doesn't need it to be a stage of beleif or a law of man. We were not saved by the baptism of man the baptism god is talking about is when the ground (which man was made from) came out of the water in genesis 1. And oh by the was I moved over half the USA in the 70's doing the acts two event all over.
You need to reread 2 over again. I was not talking about baptism of men period. That is why it is not a work. It is the work of God which baptizes (cleanses us) the moment we are saved. That is what Titus 3 means my friend.

R

rauleetoe

Most Churches Baptize their Members. It is A Ritual needed to be converted as a Believing Christian.
Some Churches Baptize Infants or Very young children.....never taught in the scriptures. Others pour water over the head of a Convert to their Church.....never taught in the Scriptures.
Most, will be totally submerged in Water ( Correct)....Then the Pastor or Minister who baptized the convert says " In The Name of The Father, and In the Son, and in The Holy Ghost". They follow the exact wording Jesus told his Apostles to do.......but What Jesus said was a Parable, not " The Name" as Jesus Directed. JESUS is The Name of The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.....Father, Son, Holy Ghost are Titles or Offices or Administrations of The One God....not a Name.

If we read the following verses we read The Original Apostles Understood what Jesus told them to do in Matthew 28 v 19. They all Baptized Converts in " The Name of Jesus Christ" or " Name of The Lord" ( Jesus)
Please read the following verses to prove the point.....Acts 2 v 38....Acts 8 verse 16......Acts 10 verse 48....
.Acts 19 verse 5. No scripture exists that tells us The Apostles ever water Baptized in " Father, Son, Holy Ghost".
I am not a theologian by any means..yet but what i have seen in the bible it clearly seems that baptism is immersion into the water..not a sprinkling..no baby baptisms(sorry catholics/sorry presbyterians and anglicans) And honestly i do not think baptism saves you, but it is a something we should do. I never got the sprinkling, or just a portion. But the baby baptism..yea, i was baptized as a baby being the son of a catholic couple, not my choice.

F

feedm3

Most Churches Baptize their Members. It is A Ritual needed to be converted as a Believing Christian.
Some Churches Baptize Infants or Very young children.....never taught in the scriptures. Others pour water over the head of a Convert to their Church.....never taught in the Scriptures.
Most, will be totally submerged in Water ( Correct)....Then the Pastor or Minister who baptized the convert says " In The Name of The Father, and In the Son, and in The Holy Ghost". They follow the exact wording Jesus told his Apostles to do.......but What Jesus said was a Parable, not " The Name" as Jesus Directed. JESUS is The Name of The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.....Father, Son, Holy Ghost are Titles or Offices or Administrations of The One God....not a Name.

It simply means by the Authority of the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit.

If we read the following verses we read The Original Apostles Understood what Jesus told them to do in Matthew 28 v 19. They all Baptized Converts in " The Name of Jesus Christ" or " Name of The Lord" ( Jesus)
Please read the following verses to prove the point.....Acts 2 v 38....Acts 8 verse 16......Acts 10 verse 48....
.Acts 19 verse 5. No scripture exists that tells us The Apostles ever water Baptized in " Father, Son, Holy Ghost".
In the name of" means "by the authority of". As Jesus said before he gave this passage, "all power is given unto me in heaven and earth" --"GO ye thefore" , "therfore" because what he just said, he has all authority.

Col 1:17 - whatsoever ye do in word or deed do all in the name of the Lord, giving thanks to God the Father.."
What so ever we do, do it by Christ's authority.

Again:

5 And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes, 6 And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. 7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this

Did you catch that? "what power or what NAME" meaning, By whose AUTHORITY have they done this?

Jesus commanded the Apostles to go and baptize, by the authority of God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, because the three agree in one - I Jn 5:8, since they all agree in one, it is by their authority they were to fulfill the great commission.

F

feedm3

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done

EG, out of curiosity, IN these passages, were they water or HS baptized?