We all like sheep, have gone astraaaaaaaaaaayyyyy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 8, 2019
My head has loads of compartments where hours of music are stored. And sometimes they pop up and start playing like to remind me of something special.

This quote is from Isaiah, but in my head, it is Handel's Messiah that is playing in the background this day.

Talking like this, it sounds like I have a mental disorder of sorts, and maybe I have. But this chorus from Handel that I have both sung and played numerous times, reminds me of something worth remembering, and I am not going to the head-doctor over it.

For what is more precious than thinking of the Good Shepherd. I often think of Him when I feel I have gone a bit from the path I was meant to walk. How He gently pulls me back on track. Sometimes the pulling feels a bit harsh, preoccupied as I am with whatever I am up to, but coming back is always a relief. It costs to go astray. And sometimes it takes time to heal, even though I am back on track.

Sometimes the shepherd puts me close to other sheep in the flock. And sometimes the whole group of us split or go astray together. But the Good Shepherd knows and pulls us back again. Perhaps He needs to place us apart, because of the mischief we were up to, but deep down we know it is good for us.

These thoughts makes me want to keep close to the Shepherd. Because I don't want to loose sight of Him and I love following Him.

An assurance warms me in the cold of Winter. I am back on track :) Safe and content I dive back into the pile of papers that needs marking. Until the next ear worm pops up, that is.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
My head has loads of compartments where hours of music are stored. And sometimes they pop up and start playing like to remind me of something special.

This quote is from Isaiah, but in my head, it is Handel's Messiah that is playing in the background this day.

Talking like this, it sounds like I have a mental disorder of sorts, and maybe I have. But this chorus from Handel that I have both sung and played numerous times, reminds me of something worth remembering, and I am not going to the head-doctor over it.

For what is more precious than thinking of the Good Shepherd. I often think of Him when I feel I have gone a bit from the path I was meant to walk. How He gently pulls me back on track. Sometimes the pulling feels a bit harsh, preoccupied as I am with whatever I am up to, but coming back is always a relief. It costs to go astray. And sometimes it takes time to heal, even though I am back on track.

Sometimes the shepherd puts me close to other sheep in the flock. And sometimes the whole group of us split or go astray together. But the Good Shepherd knows and pulls us back again. Perhaps He needs to place us apart, because of the mischief we were up to, but deep down we know it is good for us.

These thoughts makes me want to keep close to the Shepherd. Because I don't want to loose sight of Him and I love following Him.

An assurance warms me in the cold of Winter. I am back on track :) Safe and content I dive back into the pile of papers that needs marking. Until the next ear worm pops up, that is.
Handel's Messiah is awesome. My favourite is "The glory of the Lord shall be revealed". I wish I could sing. It's a bit hard to play on guitar though.

Nov 8, 2019
Handel's Messiah is awesome. My favourite is "The glory of the Lord shall be revealed". I wish I could sing. It's a bit hard to play on guitar though.
I guess a guitar works in Handel's Messiah, if you back it up with a choir and a full orchestra. I guess I have mostly played in an ensemble of sorts, neatly hidden behind a music stand. Sometimes I wish I could play the guitar or even the piano more decently than I do, because it is more useful and can accompany in worship. But then all of us have our own part to play in God's kingdom and orchestra. One day we both get to worship Him perfectly in divine harmony. I long for that glorious day.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I guess a guitar works in Handel's Messiah, if you back it up with a choir and a full orchestra. I guess I have mostly played in an ensemble of sorts, neatly hidden behind a music stand. Sometimes I wish I could play the guitar or even the piano more decently than I do, because it is more useful and can accompany in worship. But then all of us have our own part to play in God's kingdom and orchestra. One day we both get to worship Him perfectly in divine harmony. I long for that glorious day.
Sure, someone like Christopher Parkening or John Williams would manage. I have enough trouble with Christmas carols.