We are in a dispensation that demands action by those who proclaim to understand the word of God.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I fully agree that spiritual things of God can be learnt from the Torah and the rest of the OT. In fact the NT cannot be fully understood without studying the OT. But what I don't agree with is trying to copy the shadows and types found there. To me it is the opposite extreme to ignoring the OT altogether.
I would love to understand what you mean by copying shadows and types?

I feel certain that many things of the spirit has been listed under shadows and types that isn't that at all. I think the shadows are things like cutting flesh or limiting what food we eat. Today's church has put the Sabbath and the feasts under that label and I have found no scripture to back this. To celebrate by man's instruction rather than the Lord, or to celebrate and praise God is not a shadow.

So this Wed. has been marked by the Lord as the most holy day of the year. The church thinks it isn't, but is a shadow. I think what the Lord does is eternal, He does not change and the Lord marked this day of the year the most holy. When Paul told the Christians that they weren't to be judged for knowing this of the Lord on this date, the church uses that to say no date matters.

Dec 30, 2019
In all honesty the words good and right could or could not be the same depending on the translation and also depending on which script you compare it to.
This has to do with Psalm 14:1 "There is no one who does good." and Romans 3:10 "As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one". I understand Paul's teaching, even though most people do not understand Paul: "He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:16) The problem I am having is understanding what David is saying in the 14 Psalm. Even though Paul tried to explain it to me.

The first letter in good is Tet, which is a vessel represented by the number nine. This would indicate the womb or having something birthed inside of us. As Mary birthed Jesus to bring Him into the world.

Dec 30, 2019
shadows and types?
Cahn talks about "types" in his book Paradigm. Jesus was a carpenter and He was talking about a pattern or the original. You can never make a copy of a copy. You have to go back to the original and it helps if you have a templet. I had a job doing that once, making templates for kitchen cabinets.

Dec 30, 2019
in greek if I am not mistaken it is not as in depth
They say Hebrew is a pure language that was not affected when God confused the language at the Tower of Babel. English is close to the Bible Hebrew. A represents an ox head, b represents a tent or dwelling, c represents a camel or commerce. D represents the door to the tent. Also the gate to the city.

Attachments

Mar 28, 2016
The Bible says: "they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.". (Rev 20:6) If people do not believe this then I am sure they are not the ones the Bible is talking about. "According to your faith be it unto you." (Matthew 9:28) For me I question if this is literal or symbolic. I use to think that passover was symbolic, but this year it is very literal and people really are dieing.
No signs as wonders. Marvel not but rather believe.. We are believers not wonders looking for wonderment

I would say no such thing as a dispensation. God works through His faith purifying the hearts of all men in any generation or time period .. The thousand years is not literal. Christ has been reigning with the believers as a kingdom of priest for almost 2000 years .

The metaphor in that parable (Revelation 20) "thousand years" is used 9 times in the Bible .And not once is it interpreted as literal .

We are not to ignore the signified understanding to develop time lines that simply are not there. But apply the proper tools for rightly dividing .

He would not command us to rightly divide His word as seeking his approval and not give us the instruction how to "work out" that which works in the believer to both will and perform His good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13-14) We should with believe without murmuring. What about this person or that?

One year equaling 365 days. One day is as if it was a thousand years. The word "as" demonstrates a parable a is in view a comparison (para to come along side) with the things not seen .The eternal things of faith

Acts 15:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

No difference in people or time period. A thousand years as if it was day (Timeless) No signs as a wonderment .

The faith of Christ worked in Able by which he was sent out as a apostle
and prophet. The first listed martyr also.

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
Traditional religion, like traditional politics is DEAD. We MUST seek to understand the Heart of God. The traditional originations which we call " churches" will fall to the very thing that has kept them afloat until now MONEY, MONEY,MONEY. Money is gone. There will be NO bailout for the churches.
They will continue to rely on their members for cash. Of course there will be no cash because there is none to spare. Can you see Gods hand in this ? The traditional religions have burdened their members with their lofty ideas and that could only be accomplished with MONEY.

The good news is that God has NOT forsaken even the weakest of those who truly seek Him. Know this the Holy Spirit diligently seeks out those who truly seek Him. Jesus tells us "a broken reed will he not break and smoking flax will he not quench". Thats me a broken reed.

For those of you who read this and wonder where am I in the mist of this dispensation, know this ,every thing that's happened on the face of this globe in the past few weeks is for one reason and one reason only to bring YOU to a place of REST. A place where you are no longer afraid for yourself or your children. A place where only Christ Himself leads us forward. Be not afraid be not dismayed He who sought you out when you where lost and had no way to go still holds you and his reach is far and without limit. Thats the almighty God that I serve. I Plead with you do not accept a lesser God. Soon These traditional originations will start begging for money . They will challenge you to "exercise " your faith by giving what you do not have to give .

It is the Devin gifts of the spirit we are in need of. God gave the power to protect us to the church. If we are not being protected who do we turn to?

This global crisis we are in is a call to the born again believers.The same reason this world was created ,not for your hurt but for your joy. Look to Him who has brought us and our children safely to this point in time. My God is greater than than any god who would give me a serpent when I ask for help.

This I will say last. It is a very difficult proclamation for me. Nevertheless it must be said. If I could give my place in the Kingdom of God so someone else could know this joy and peace in Jesus I believe he would give me the strength to face it.
I really like your OP (original post). It gets to the heart of the matter in two different ways.

1. It asks the question to the churches "Which is really the god of each of our churches..God or Money? ... if it's God, then nothing much changes when money (or fleshly provisions) aren't available.

2. It asks us individually "Where do we really put our trust...God or money? If it's God, then nothing much changes when money (or fleshly provisions like doctors) aren't available.

Kind of a wake-up call, huh? :)

I imagine I'll catch some flack for suggesting that most people would have to say (if being honest about it) that they put a lot of their trust in the provisions of man... hence the panic buying.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
I really like your OP (original post). It gets to the heart of the matter in two different ways.

1. It asks the question to the churches "Which is really the god of each of our churches..God or Money? ... if it's God, then nothing much changes when money (or fleshly provisions) aren't available.

2. It asks us individually "Where do we really put our trust...God or money? If it's God, then nothing much changes when money (or fleshly provisions like doctors) aren't available.

Kind of a wake-up call, huh? :)

I imagine I'll catch some flack for suggesting that most people would have to say (if being honest about it) that they put a lot of their trust in the provisions of man... hence the panic buying.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby
FURTHER NOTE: I was supposed to include the following verses for God's children:

Galatians 3:2 KJV
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 3:3 KJV
[3] Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
Amen!
The Spirit saith, "Blot my name out just save THEM." For no greater love than this, that we lay down our lives for the brethren.
Not Amen. The first commandment is to love God....not people. To say "Hey God, I'll give you up because I love people so much" will not be rewarded in a pleasant way.
Allowing your name to be blotted out of the lambs book of life would earn the punishment of hell because it is a punishable offense (not a heroic act)

(Not trying to scold. Just wanting the best for you)

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

14meatcc

Feb 17, 2020
San Diego
There are too many people claiming they understand the word of God and can't even come to the knowledge of the truth.

14meatcc

Feb 17, 2020
San Diego
It's possible you may spend eternity in the presence of your Creator. Now doesn't that sound wonderful?

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
I've lived here 95 years, and have lived with the changes in the world. There hasn't been such changes since the 1500's with the printing press, America discovered, and Luther standing up to the established church. God hadn't done anything about His prophecies for 2,000 years and now the Jews reclaimed their land. The church had lost understanding of God's ways because so much of God was explained in the Torah that used people who thought and lived many thousands of years ago, everything was different then and we didn't understand them. As bible scholars poured over the dead sea scrolls, understanding began to happen.

There had been so much of what men thought brought into the church over the many many years since Christ--the entire world and church has been changed from the church Christ gave us. The world follows what the church sets up, so now the world and our economic system is run on the time frames men set up, assigning it to God. For a long time stores closed on the Sabbath men decided on. The 7th day Sabbath is what God gave, men said it changed but God didn't tell us this. The church backs man's ideas not God's.

The men who set up the approved doctrines of the church were influenced mightily by judging the Jews for denying Christ, even though they were told not to judge but let God take care of it. Many of our doctrines can be traced to this as the source rather than men wanting to listen to the Lord and understand Him.

This has all caused a great upheaval. Just mention "roots", as in going back to how the eternal God's way is, and then stand back out of the way of the fray it causes. Entire books are written about how teerrribblle the entire idea of roots is.

God is working, and just as it was in the 1500's, men are in arms fighting it.
"Amen"!!
"Words of soundness that many have not the 'background' to fully understand."
And, foolishness is self inflicted by those bent on their own 'agenda'...whatever that may be.
Spiritual 'darkness' brings cause of the 'falling away from God'.....no more...no less."

Dec 30, 2019
I would say no such thing as a dispensation.
The word is in the Bible. In reference to the grace of God. The idea that the Grace of God is administered for a period of time is secondary but it is still a part of the meaning of the word itself. The age of grace or the church age is not eternal. This age will not go on and last forever. Time itself is not eternal. It will not last forever. Time was give to us for a reason. "Then God said, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them be signs to mark the seasons, days, and years." (Genesis 1:14) An age has to do with a cycle of time. This circle of life is a theme in disney movies.

Perhaps you need to read the whole passage and look at this in context: "in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus." (Ephesians 2:7) So we need to look at the meaning of the word "age" in this passage that has to do with the dispensation of he Grace of God.

The thousand years is not literal. Christ has been reigning with the believers as a kingdom of priest for almost 2000 years
That is what I said. The church age is 2,000 years then we enter into the Kingdom age which is 1,000 years. Actually numbers are very much a part of the hebrew language. Each Hebrew letter has a numeric value. I think that it is interesting that the very first passover took place 3333 years ago. Moses was born in: 1393 BC, Land of Goshen Died: 1273 BC, Mount Nebo, Jordan. He as 40 years old when he left Egypt to marry a midianite women. Even though he left a ethiopian wife behind in Egypt. He was 80 years old when the Hebrew Children left Egypt.

The point is that numbers are very important in the Bible. They very much have meaning. The word seasons is complicated and we have all of the observations on the Hebrew calendar. Passover this year is very real and have a lot of meaning. More then it has ever sense the first passover 3333 years ago.

Dec 30, 2019
There are too many people claiming they understand the word of God and can't even come to the knowledge of the truth.
We only need to have the understanding of a child. We can learn everything we need to know in Kindergarten. Before we even start school. My brother actually developed a preschool readiness test to determine if a child was ready for school or not. We do not even need to be that developed to learn the Bible. We start with 1 year olds as soon as they are able to walk. We march them around the table and sing the song about Joshua and the battle of Jericho when the walls come tumbling down. Even a one year old can understand the message in that song.

Dec 30, 2019
They aren't going to avoid the pandemic
People do not seem to be avoiding the pandemonium right now.

What is Pandemonium? The dictionary meaning, according to OED is; the abode of all the demons; a place represented by Milton as the capital of Hell, containing the council-chamber of the Evil Spirits; in common use, = hell or the infernal regions. Word coined by Milton in 17th century for Paradise Lost.

Mar 28, 2016
The word is in the Bible. In reference to the grace of God. The idea that the Grace of God is administered for a period of time is secondary but it is still a part of the meaning of the word itself. The age of grace or the church age is not eternal. This age will not go on and last forever. Time itself is not eternal. It will not last forever. Time was give to us for a reason. "Then God said, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them be signs to mark the seasons, days, and years." (Genesis 1:14) An age has to do with a cycle of time. This circle of life is a theme in disney movies.

Perhaps you need to read the whole passage and look at this in context: "in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus." (Ephesians 2:7) So we need to look at the meaning of the word "age" in this passage that has to do with the dispensation of he Grace of God.

That is what I said. The church age is 2,000 years then we enter into the Kingdom age which is 1,000 years. Actually numbers are very much a part of the hebrew language. Each Hebrew letter has a numeric value. I think that it is interesting that the very first passover took place 3333 years ago. Moses was born in: 1393 BC, Land of Goshen Died: 1273 BC, Mount Nebo, Jordan. He as 40 years old when he left Egypt to marry a midianite women. Even though he left a ethiopian wife behind in Egypt. He was 80 years old when the Hebrew Children left Egypt.

The point is that numbers are very important in the Bible. They very much have meaning. The word seasons is complicated and we have all of the observations on the Hebrew calendar. Passover this year is very real and have a lot of meaning. More then it has ever sense the first passover 3333 years ago.
All of that has good historical value .But we do not look at the things seen the temporal and say that's the vision .No faith needed for that.

Yes dispensation of one work of grace. Not time periods of grace, ways of grace, or strengths of grace. Grace does not mean people suddenly disappear .

He had grace on Abel the first apostle prophet and martyr recorded .Same grace he had on his Son, Jesus .

Out of all the people in the world he chose his Son to be used as a living parable as a gift of grace to us .Revealing the work of the two , working as one God.

The idea of Hebrew letter having a numeric value is not a prescription for rightly dividing His hidden unseen truths. He has assigned parables to perform that work of teaching us how to walk by faith (the unseen eternal)

The shadow of the Passover became sight at the one time demonstration of the first born (our bloody husband signified by circumcision .

The veil is rent .Rendering the Jews who believe (no faith) not as antichrists. The reformation has come. We are in the last days signified as a thousand years.

We are under the previous government (Judges) of God. Before there were kings standing in the holy invisible place (faith) of desolation . Dissolving the presence of God not seen, giving it over to the temporal seen as if we did walk by sight.

God simply used that time period as Kings in Israel as a parable using the signified understanding. he turned over the faithless jew to do that which they should not of .demand a pagan representative like the surrounding pagan nations. it is that which many are supporting today .

Give us a King like all the other pagan religions of the world is the cry to the wailing wall .

The one time demonstration is over. No new King is sitting in the historical place used as a parable .

Matthew 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

The abomination of desolation. The veil is rent. God is revealed as he always is "not a man as us".