We can do what the apostles did.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

danschance

I disagree with those who claim when Jesus spoke to the disciples it was for them only because:
1) Why was it recorded in the bible if it does not pertain to us?
2) It would also mean the Lord's great commission was only for the 12 disciples, which is pure rubbish.
3) Jesus never stated that He was instructing the 12 disciples only when He spoke to them.
4) If Jesus gave personal instructions to the 12 disciples this means all other apostles were excluded from them.
5) Jesus actually (See below) stated that these signs will accompany those who believe. This clearly is referring to all believers who have faith and not just the 12 apostles.

17These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Luke 16 17-18

May 3, 2013
I don´t say nothing against that but, for instances, I try to confirm those things written 2 or 3 times. If I see them, it is OK, if God confims me, it´s OK. But I know some snakes have bit people who said THEY BELIEVED... (Your point 5) and I know some WHO NEVER SAID they believed, and God or Jesus cured them from leukemia (My friend Cesar Lizardo, for example)