We ought to be of one mind – to think the same thing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
We ought to be of one mind – to think the same thing (Rom 15.6; 1Co 1.10; 2Co 13.11; Php 1.27; 2.2; 3.15,16; 4.2; 1Pe 3.8; Rev 17.17).

• “minding the same thing toward one another, not minding high things, but yielding to the lowly. Do not be wise within yourselves.” (Rom 12:16)

See how many excerpts there are about being unanimous. When we are going through some hot potatoes, our lean is to enforce people to come around to our interests and condone with us. Nonetheless, the Holy Spirit carry out His will where it is agreement:

• “Truly I say to you, Whatever you shall bind on earth shall occur, having been bound in Heaven; and whatever you shall loose on earth shall occur, having been loosed in Heaven. Again I say to you that if two of you shall agree on earth as regarding anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them by My Father in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there I am in their midst.” (Matthew 18.18-20).

It’s obvious that, when we are passing through a hardship, we are enticed to take naïve people in, defuse hostile situation, quell everyone whose mind is not into us, and so on. Nonetheless, the Creator says:

• “Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the Word of Jehovah to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says Jehovah of Hosts.” (Zec 4:6).

Remember that:

• “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God.” (Rom 12:2)

In other words, if the things aren’t coming about in a way that we expect, certainly Jesus has a more excellent way (1Corinthians 12.31), namely, “the love” (1Corinthians 13).

Delve on this chapter and see how the true love comes up against all hustle and bustle, but achieves its success resting and biding in Christ (Psalms 37.7).

Have a good week chilling out in Christ until He works all His will.