Weak faith + no Christian friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 22, 2018
I have an issue with my faith - it's really weak. I became a believer about a year ago and I've prayed to God to strengthen my faith and it has strengthened a lot. But I still get nervous and start doubting my faith when someone calls Christians stupid / makes an argument against Christianity.

I think it might be a part of the issue that I feel quite alone in my faith. I have friends - some atheists and some who say they believe in God. But I have none who are "real" Christians, I mean, who are living how God wants us to live. Even my Christian friends say things like "oh it's not so bad to do x, you know, these days everyone does it" and I can't really talk to anyone about my faith. Also I sometimes need advice but my friends' advice isn't the best because they don't see the world from a Christian's point of view.
In this situation it seems very unlikely for me to find Christian friends. I live in a small village and I know everyone from here. The local church does not have any clubs / Bible studies for the youth.

Any advice on how I could strengthen my faith and bring my friends to Jesus?

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
it is very commendable that you want to grow your faith in Christ . I am no preacher or guidance councilor so all I can give you is advice from a impartial friend who just wants to help. Kind like " been there, done that" kinda thing, First is that GOD wants a relationship with you. if you believe in Jesus and that he is the son of GOD. that he came to earth and died for our sins and on the third day that GOD raised him from the dead as a victory over sin and death. Then yes, you are a child of GOD. sure your gonna have doubts that's human nature, sinful nature. You are not alone, Jesus promised he would never leave or forsake you. Your conscience is the holy spirit talking to you. Those friends you have are probably going through the same thing you are. they have doubts and conflicts. You can be the example, stand up for Christ, Your conscience is telling you right and wrong. Sin is Sin. Spend time with GOD. learning and praying and you may have friends coming to you . They will notice the difference in you and they will want what you have. Then you can share with them your love for Jesus. Who knows, you may be the one to start a youth bible study at your church Whatever, don't give up.Thats what satan wants you to do. every time you start getting close to GOD or serving Him satan throws another dart at you. He will make things tough on you, don't let him win. I will pray for you! if you want any more advice or just want to talk feel free to start a conversation with me. Yours in Christ.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I found a few people here that I share my faith with and build me up. Some people from multiple churches that God always sends back into my way when I dont expect it.
Dont worry sis. Talk to people, make contacts and build yourself and others up
Most people around me arent new born christians. The only one I have is my mom. God will send people when you dont expect it
Even if they wont stay close, keep praying and let God take over

J

JB2018

I have an issue with my faith - it's really weak. I became a believer about a year ago and I've prayed to God to strengthen my faith and it has strengthened a lot. But I still get nervous and start doubting my faith when someone calls Christians stupid / makes an argument against Christianity.

I think it might be a part of the issue that I feel quite alone in my faith. I have friends - some atheists and some who say they believe in God. But I have none who are "real" Christians, I mean, who are living how God wants us to live. Even my Christian friends say things like "oh it's not so bad to do x, you know, these days everyone does it" and I can't really talk to anyone about my faith. Also I sometimes need advice but my friends' advice isn't the best because they don't see the world from a Christian's point of view.
In this situation it seems very unlikely for me to find Christian friends. I live in a small village and I know everyone from here. The local church does not have any clubs / Bible studies for the youth.

Any advice on how I could strengthen my faith and bring my friends to Jesus?

If I were in your situation, I would find friends that share the same beliefs with me and lived out those beliefs as well. One thing I've learned is that on this journey with Christ I tried to bring people along that had no intentions of coming with me. It hurt but I had to let them go. They became a hindrance or a weight that I did not need to bear. And, to bring your friends closer is to truly live for God. Allow God to change YOU that you may reach them. It's not going to be an overnight kind of thing but you can continue to pray that God would soften their hearts to at least hear the gospel. And, you can definitely tell them about Christ. Use wisdom (Ask God for it) and then go for it. As for your faith, the word says faith comes by hearing the word of God. Listen to sermons, read testimonies of other people, and or seek God ( that definitely takes faith) . And, by asking God to strengthen your faith is great but he will allow you to experience some things that you never thought possible. And, trials that you face is another thing that will help your faith.