S
Seeking-Christ
Guest
I have reasons and past experiences with webcams, therefor that only webcam I currently own is one that I can't throw away. It's apart of my laptop, and it is not a high def cam either.
Way back in the beginning of me using the internet, I was attracted to the webcam. I thought this would be a really cool device to use. You can talk to someone else, and see them at the same time. And yet! As I started experimenting with my first webcam, it became apparent that most websites that were using webcams were also hosting webcam porn.
When I was on Myspace, almost constantly everyday, a webcam model would try to get me to add them to my friends list. I remember looking at those profiles and feeling the sickness caused by sexual attraction mixed with the realization that this person didn't really want to be my friend, they only wanted to hook me into something bad. And for as long as I was a member of Myspace, I had to put up with it.
As years went by, there were only a few times I got to actually use my webcam, and it was only briefly. It didn't add to any of the conversations I was trying to have. Most people I met didn't even want to turn their webcams on. So gradually I stopped using it. In fact years would go by between the time I would be able to use it and when I couldn't.
Then there was the time I got banned from a Christian Social Site. I'm not sure that we should call that site Christian since they had a place for the Church of Latter Day Saints, and the JWs. But always, I treated that site just like I treated all social networking sites. I social networked with people, in the hopes of maybe meeting some people that I might really click with. But I felt like In order to do this, I must be proactive. So I would go to the Chatrooms, and see who was in there. On that particular website, you could click on a person's picture and then get a link to the profile. I often did that, so that I could read up on the person. But another thing would happen. Whenever you clicked on their picture, you would also get their Webcam if they had it turned on.
The problem with the webcam was the fact that most of the people in the chatroom were underage. Meaning they were under the age of 18. I used to just get the link to the profile, and then move on. But it registered that I watched their webcams, so the kids started complaining about me. An older man, to whom I didn't know, PMed me out of the blue to tell me this. I thought the guy looked like a creep. I went and took a look at his profile and noticed that He was social networking with some underaged kids, so I just blocked the guy. When He realized that I had blocked him, He reported me and then the website banned me! I never did anything against the rules of the site. All I did was view some webcams that just happened to be turned on. Anyways I'm glad that I'm not on that site anymore.
But this is the reason why I hate webcams. The only way they work right is if you got people that you can trust that will be good. Some people only webcam with other family members or churches, and you can totally understand why. It's technology that gets abused!
They claim that hackers can turn your webcam on, and watch you. For that reason I started putting a piece of tape over my lens. it's been that way since 2013. Lately someone on this site has asked to see my webcam. I have considered turning it on for them. But it's such a mess to setup a time just to show a short live little video of yourself. I mean what on earth would I even do. Just wave at it? LOL
Way back in the beginning of me using the internet, I was attracted to the webcam. I thought this would be a really cool device to use. You can talk to someone else, and see them at the same time. And yet! As I started experimenting with my first webcam, it became apparent that most websites that were using webcams were also hosting webcam porn.
When I was on Myspace, almost constantly everyday, a webcam model would try to get me to add them to my friends list. I remember looking at those profiles and feeling the sickness caused by sexual attraction mixed with the realization that this person didn't really want to be my friend, they only wanted to hook me into something bad. And for as long as I was a member of Myspace, I had to put up with it.
As years went by, there were only a few times I got to actually use my webcam, and it was only briefly. It didn't add to any of the conversations I was trying to have. Most people I met didn't even want to turn their webcams on. So gradually I stopped using it. In fact years would go by between the time I would be able to use it and when I couldn't.
Then there was the time I got banned from a Christian Social Site. I'm not sure that we should call that site Christian since they had a place for the Church of Latter Day Saints, and the JWs. But always, I treated that site just like I treated all social networking sites. I social networked with people, in the hopes of maybe meeting some people that I might really click with. But I felt like In order to do this, I must be proactive. So I would go to the Chatrooms, and see who was in there. On that particular website, you could click on a person's picture and then get a link to the profile. I often did that, so that I could read up on the person. But another thing would happen. Whenever you clicked on their picture, you would also get their Webcam if they had it turned on.
The problem with the webcam was the fact that most of the people in the chatroom were underage. Meaning they were under the age of 18. I used to just get the link to the profile, and then move on. But it registered that I watched their webcams, so the kids started complaining about me. An older man, to whom I didn't know, PMed me out of the blue to tell me this. I thought the guy looked like a creep. I went and took a look at his profile and noticed that He was social networking with some underaged kids, so I just blocked the guy. When He realized that I had blocked him, He reported me and then the website banned me! I never did anything against the rules of the site. All I did was view some webcams that just happened to be turned on. Anyways I'm glad that I'm not on that site anymore.
But this is the reason why I hate webcams. The only way they work right is if you got people that you can trust that will be good. Some people only webcam with other family members or churches, and you can totally understand why. It's technology that gets abused!
They claim that hackers can turn your webcam on, and watch you. For that reason I started putting a piece of tape over my lens. it's been that way since 2013. Lately someone on this site has asked to see my webcam. I have considered turning it on for them. But it's such a mess to setup a time just to show a short live little video of yourself. I mean what on earth would I even do. Just wave at it? LOL