weight loss after menopause

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sassylady

I need to lose about 50 lbs, and since I've been through menopause it doesn't seem to matter if I get exercise and eat light, the weight just does not want to come off. I may lose inches but the scale never changes.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I need to lose about 50 lbs, and since I've been through menopause it doesn't seem to matter if I get exercise and eat light, the weight just does not want to come off. I may lose inches but the scale never changes.
Don't feel bad, sis. Cancer threw me headfirst into menopause.. I can't lose weight either..lol.. :) Actually my weight goes up and down like a yoyo. I lost 40 pounds literally almost overnight and gained it all back plus more in about a month or two. :(

Mar 3, 2013
I had horrible hot flashes during menopause and took Remefemin. It worked well for a while, but then I kept taking more and more to relieve the hot flashes. And I gained weight like crazy! As it turns out, I am sensitive to soy - a key ingredient of Remefemin. Unfortunately I didn't learn until 40 pounds of excess weight had accumulated so mysteriously that soy causes weight gain in some women. It is a very slow process but the weight is slowly coming off. I walk almost every day, which is good because I get nice fresh air too. I minimize my carbohydrate intake and serving sizes; I learned that diet soda has about the same effect as the soy does so I completely quit my substantial intake of diet mt. dew several years ago. We also eat "supper" about 3 PM rather than eating a meal closer to bedtime and that helps my husband's frequent heartburn at the same time.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I had horrible hot flashes during menopause and took Remefemin. It worked well for a while, but then I kept taking more and more to relieve the hot flashes. And I gained weight like crazy! As it turns out, I am sensitive to soy - a key ingredient of Remefemin. Unfortunately I didn't learn until 40 pounds of excess weight had accumulated so mysteriously that soy causes weight gain in some women. It is a very slow process but the weight is slowly coming off. I walk almost every day, which is good because I get nice fresh air too. I minimize my carbohydrate intake and serving sizes; I learned that diet soda has about the same effect as the soy does so I completely quit my substantial intake of diet mt. dew several years ago. We also eat "supper" about 3 PM rather than eating a meal closer to bedtime and that helps my husband's frequent heartburn at the same time.
Diet soda is the WORST thing you can drink! It's even worse than regular soda..If you like carbonated drinks, there are carbonated flavored waters in the grocery stores. They are quite good. I don't drink much soda, hate the carbonation, it makes me belch.. LOL!! You should try some cardio such as dancing. Put on some music, and dance yourself skinny each day. :) Drink lots of water and juice, not so much coffee (if you drink it), and try to eat some dark chocolate every now and then. It has compounds in it that eliminate free radicals from your body, AND it's much better for you than milk chocolate is. :) I drink a good amount of soy, and it does'nt bother me. If you like salads, try using fresh spinach leaves. It's sold in bags at the store, and not only does spinach have alot of iron, but it also helps you poop more often too, thus ridding your body not only of toxins, but weight also.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Ladies it is really hard to loose weight after 40 and menopause I can attest to that. Earlier this year I prayed and gave myself and my weight problem to God and asked for His help in being successful in this matter as I do want a healthier body temple for Him to dwell in. I started a blog Changing a Life Style and my goals were to loose belly fat, eat healthier and get off of diabetic medicines.

All I can say is that when I put God into the mix and prayed for help He has been giving me that help and have lost 30 pounds so far. I have a long road to travel as to even be close to a normal weight I need to loose 190 pounds more....I don't think about it as it is so very overwhelming but God is helping me now and I just take one day at a time and listen to His prompting as much as possible. Do I fail - sometimes yes, but we have had more successes than failings at this point.

Eat more salads and enjoy them easy on the salad dressing. Drink a lot of water, I use tomato juice or V8 when I feel like I am hungry but really should not eat more than I have had and it really fills me up and I won't eat extra food that is not needed. It is one foot in front of the other and one day at a time but it is easier knowing God is right there with you every step of the way.

I have been adding exercise too which is hard because I hate to sweat but physically I feel so much better than even a few months ago so it is worth the effort.

There have been times when I am on the way to the frig that I will hear - Do you really need that? Most times I say no I don't and will do an about face and walk away. I have asked God to speak to me and the more I listen to His prompts the better I have become. So pray ladies and ask for God's help He is waiting with open arms to help each one of us to be overcomers. It can be done and with God you can do it.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
It is possible that you'll lose weight because there is deficient production of estrogen. Estrogen plays a big role in fat distribution in females.

Jul 28, 2010
Drink green tea, every single day! it doesn't help right away but after about 6 months you will see a difference. Also switch to Herbamare salt, the blue version has kelp which boosts your thyroid function (which drops after you reach 40 and that drop makes you gain weight) ...and fennel tea which kills bloat and helps hormone levels. Works for me :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Drink green tea, every single day! it doesn't help right away but after about 6 months you will see a difference. Also switch to Herbamare salt, the blue version has kelp which boosts your thyroid function (which drops after you reach 40 and that drop makes you gain weight) ...and fennel tea which kills bloat and helps hormone levels. Works for me :)

​Now I know who to ask if I need a home remedy for anything!! LOL. :)

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Try mixing green tea and apple cider. :)

ladygwapa71

Nov 19, 2014
I am 43 but instead of gaining weight I feel great about my body. I feel great and feel stronger now than when I was younger, in fact I was chubby then. But a changed of attitude helped me changed my views and perspective in life. I am active in fitness. Regular exercise and healthy diet are my weapons to stay fit even in my 40's. To God be the glory.