Well written?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
I hear a lot of Atheist debate that the Bible is poorly written. I have to disagree I've been watching Project Bible and it seems extremely well written especially since its so spread across in different time lines. But that old doubt is creeping in and I was wondering if you could offer me reasons you think the Bible is well written?

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
What is "well written"? The Bible is not a novel, or biography or history but the revealed word of God. There is nothing to compare it against. Most of the bible is beautiful poetry, there are even jewels of beauty hidden in the most apparently mundane parts of the OT. More astonishingly, it that has survived for thousands of years and is still relevant for us today.

Well written? it is incomparable.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
What is "well written"? The Bible is not a novel, or biography or history but the revealed word of God. There is nothing to compare it against. Most of the bible is beautiful poetry, there are even jewels of beauty hidden in the most apparently mundane parts of the OT. More astonishingly, it that has survived for thousands of years and is still relevant for us today.

Well written? it is incomparable.
True I can also argue the atheist will find anything to complain about no matter how mundane or dumb when dissected it appears to be. I just let these things get under my skin to often I guess

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
God's word, as recorded in the Bible is infallible, unfortunately man's understanding of that word is not. There are parts that are difficult and appear incomprehensible or contradictory. The enemy looks for those to attack the entire book and then God himself.

(I hope my response did not appear condescending, sometimes I get excited about the forest and miss the trees).

Attachments

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I hear a lot of Atheist debate that the Bible is poorly written. I have to disagree I've been watching Project Bible and it seems extremely well written especially since its so spread across in different time lines. But that old doubt is creeping in and I was wondering if you could offer me reasons you think the Bible is well written?
God's word, as recorded in the Bible is infallible, unfortunately man's understanding of that word is not. There are parts that are difficult and appear incomprehensible or contradictory.
Hi Monnkai, atheists (non-Christians in general) cannot understand the Bible (from God's POV anyway), and they see what it has to say as nothing more than foolishness.

.........1 Corinthians 2
.........14 ..A natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them,

.........because they are spiritually appraised.

Considering this, I'm sure you can understand why a non-Christian/natural man or woman might think the Bible is poorly written.

~Deut
p.s. - the closest thing I have ever seen to a non-Christian understanding the Bible is a rabbi friend of mine. Oddly (for a conservative rabbi), he did his dissertation on the Gospel of John, and he ended up knowing and understanding what it said as well or better than any Christian pastor or theologian I've ever known. Unfortunately, while he understands the words of the Gospel as a Christian would, his problem is that he can't bring himself to believe that any of it is true :(

Aug 2, 2009
It is not only well-written... It is ALIVE. Google "bible codes" and you'll see what I mean by that... (or just watch the video I posted below lol)

Anywho, the bible is THE most-read book in the entire world and has always been held in high-esteem by the literary world. It is considered to be one of the greatest works of literature ever written.

Aug 2, 2009
I think your friends who say it's not well written are probably confused by the language because it's translated from old english. Even the easier translations like the NLT or NIV can be a bit confusing for some. Old english (like in the KJV) requires college-level reading comprehension.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Think about that.
Atheists

think the Bible inspired by that which does not exist so as to come into print

is poorly written:coffee:

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
Hi Monnkai, atheists (non-Christians in general) cannot understand the Bible (from God's POV anyway), and they see what it has to say as nothing more than foolishness.

.........1 Corinthians 2
.........14 ..A natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them,

.........because they are spiritually appraised.

Considering this, I'm sure you can understand why a non-Christian/natural man or woman might think the Bible is poorly written.

~Deut
p.s. - the closest thing I have ever seen to a non-Christian understanding the Bible is a rabbi friend of mine. Oddly (for a conservative rabbi), he did his dissertation on the Gospel of John, and he ended up knowing and understanding what it said as well or better than any Christian pastor or theologian I've ever known. Unfortunately, while he understands the words of the Gospel as a Christian would, his problem is that he can't bring himself to believe that any of it is true :(
Excellent point I certainly had a hard time understanding most before I was a true believer still struggle in some cases but with tools like the Bible project im making much better sense of it.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Excellent point I certainly had a hard time understanding most before I was a true believer still struggle in some cases but with tools like the Bible project im making much better sense of it.
Thank you for mentioning Bible Project. I'd never heard of it till your post.
https://thebibleproject.com/explore/

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi again Monnkai, yeah, that's one of the things that still blows my mind, even after being a Christian for nearly 32 years now (IOW, the difference in my ability to understand what the Bible is actually saying as a Christian, which was something that was obvious to me from the very day I became one :)).

~Deut