WHAAAAT!? God wants me to become a pastor, evangelist and a teacher???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 1, 2011
ok so a while ago this evangelist guy came to my church and at the end of the service when he asked for people to come up to the front to be prayed for I went, and so when he prayed he told me that God wants me to be 3 things a preacher, evangelist and a teacher...... I have accepted it and I am willing to follow the lords will. but how do I start? I would love some awesome feed back i prize honesty above most things so yeah :D

D

Dread_Zeppelin

Firstly, I'm not saying that this guy is wrong, but you need to seek out whether or not God really wants these things for you. Many people in the name of Jesus get caught up in the moment and "predict" what other peoples destinies are in the church. Don't take it lightly, I've seen it happen.

Secondly, if you're serious about being a pastor you should be seeking out a mentor. "Pastor" is such a broad term: there are many kinds that deal with various issues in the church. Picking up books on evangelism and pastoring is also another good way to start. I was good friends with a pastor growing up and some of the things that he had to face were downright terrible, but through his experience and understanding he was able to get through the problems in the church. Prepare yourself.

And lastly, make sure you're reading the Bible everyday and seeking God. There is nothing less ineffective than a spiritually dead pastor. If your heart isn't right with God than you can't expect to help others be lead to Christ. Hope that helps.

J

JimM1228

i agree with the above person, You must seek guidance from God himself. pay attention to the things that are put into your life. passages that stick out, what interests grow in you as you pursue Christ. you cant just believe what a pastor says to you one day. i have nothing against that, however i believe God will speak directly to you and let you know when the time is right, if it is in his will.

Feb 1, 2011
hey thnx guys for the awesome feed back!!! :) but I should have mentioned that I have been told this (pastor evangelist and teacher) several times by several people, and none of them knew me at all..... I think they were all evangelists.. second I tried preaching already, twice actually and I felt something while I was talking, it was at the teen sunday school class. on top of that my friends have been tellin me for years to become a preacher.... plus I recived two signs already, so with all n all I'm convinced. but staring is a bit of a struggle cos I do need to get closer and beulid a stronger relationship with him. so thnx guys for the advice.

B

BellaFlor

If more people have told you this, and they are also lead by the Spirit, then you shouldn't doubt. Sure, some might say things when not being in the Spirit, though those that are having a close relationship with God are people telling you what God might have in mind for you. You do are still young, of course. Still, when God called Jeremiah to being a prophet he was also then a young man, and that is also why he asked God about why he was chosen being still a young man.

God will prepare you for whatever He has in mind for you, your mission is to beleive in it, keep on growing closer to God, and waiting for His Right Timing with all of this. When the Timing IS There, then you will be ready to become what God has in mind for you. God keep blessing you! :)

Feb 1, 2011
nice! nice!! XD heeeey! so long as he leads the way I'm good, I guess now that my band is coming up all awesome n stuff, I can use that to save people through music! :D my band slogan "we're in the business of saving lives" its a christian rock band btw ^ ^

B

BellaFlor

That's cool. :)

I was once in a Christian Rock Band project. I liked it very much. It stopped after I married and moved to The Netherlands. I do can miss it at times.

God can use you in many other ways too. You just keep on being open for whatever might come up. :)

shawntc

May 7, 2010
That's interesting. I feel God is calling me to do these things as well. I have great deals of knowledge and wisdom to a lesser extent and for the longest time now I've desired to take up a teaching role. I've found a few opportunities and have gotten better at it.

I had a pastor of a friend tell me that I had a future in ministry. I was visiting my friend's youth group and mentioned to the driver that I felt I was being called to work with teens. Between that Wednesday and the next Sunday the pastor felt God telling him I was to be a minister of some sort, but he didn't find out I told the driver until Sunday. So when I went to the youth group the next Wednesday he said, "I had a divine revelation about you! You have a future in ministry!" and handed me a lesson book, offering to let me teach the next youth group (which I consented to and excelled in).

Evangelism and apologetics interest me. This is sort of tied with my desire to be a preacher (especially to teens and young adults). I want to make a podcast of messages about whatever God may give to me or whatever I come up with. I'm in college for computer science, but I may go into seminary one day.

Feb 1, 2011
hey we should study together than! XD its all still quite new... teaching people it makes me want to study the bible more when they ask me stuff I dont know

J

JimM1228

its cool man because i have the same thing going on people tell me i have the gift of evangelism, and my mom says shes waiting for me to say "im going to be a pastor." im not ready knowledge wise yet but i do feel like it may be my calling as well. :) good luck brother! God bless!