J
J-Kay-2
Guest
Circa 2000, my life changed due to a Bat. Read on....
The experience that changed the person I was. What was it ?
It was 3:30 AM in the morning, I was sleeping soundly. My
husband was in his room asleep. He had a meeting out of town
at 9:00 AM and a 3 hour drive to get there. He needed his sleep.
A buzzing brushed across the top of my hair, causing me to awaken.
My first thought it was a a large bug that often makes a buzzing sound
and fly at night. I turned my bedside light on, felt through my hair,
nothing there.
I looked around my room and on my wall I spotted a black object. Trying
to focus and wake up, I realized it was a bat. How in the world did a bat
get in my room? My bedroom door was shut. I had a window fan in my
window. Where did it come from.
I knew I did not want to awaken my husband as his meeting was important,
and needed to be fresh for that. I wanted to get that bat out of my room,
but how? If I opened the door it would have flown into the hallway then
really I would have had to chase it with a broom to get it ouside. That was
too much commotion.
I knelt by my bed and asked the Lord, how do I get this out Jesus ? I knew
from when I was a young girl, you should cover your hair with something
if you need to get a bat out of your home. I understand they will get
tangled in your hair. So, I looked at foot of my bed and it just so happened
I had a sweatshirt lying there. I slowly moved around to get it and put it
over my head.
The bat moved to the Shadow Box, hanging on the wall next to the window
with the window fan in it. I prayed, Oh, Lord what do I do? I looked at the
window and knew I had to get over there and remove that fan and pray the
bat would not attack me. I can't recall if I moved across the bed to get to
the window, or crawled around the bed to reach up and get the fan out. But,
I did manage to raise up and get the fan out of the window, pushed the window
up higher, and crawled back to the my side of the bed once again.
I looked up at the bat, I prayed this prayer. " Jesus, just as that bat got in here,
you can make it go out." The bat immediately flew out the window. Shaking
I praised the Lord, went to window and put the fan back in. I climbed back
in bed. I wanted to go back to sleep. I nearly drifted off, then it hit, me.... if
I go to sleep, I am going to think I had a nightmare.
Seriously shaking from the experience, I wanted to wake my husband so badly
and tell him what happened, but just could not. So, I made the decision to go
to my sofa and sleep until he got up. I was trying to sort out all that happened
as I lay on the sofa, trying to go to sleep, but sleep would not come. I had a
voice in my head tell me, "the next think you know you will be seeing snakes
all over your living room carpet." That did it. I was totally shaken. I turned
my TV on to a station that played Christian Videos and I remember just watching
that until my husband got up.
Things began to change for me from that moment on. Later that morning my
daughter asked if I planned to be out, and if so, would I stop and get her mail
for her. I was still shaken and by this time so weak I could barely walk but I did
drive to her house with her mail. She lived in a split level home, and I made it
up 3 steps and collapsed. She prayed for me. She said she could see me like an
animal lying on a highway all beaten and run over. She is a wonderful Christian
lady, and I knew God was giving her a word of knowledge.
The next day on Tuesday, I was to go to where my husband worked and it would
have been a 3 hr. drive for me. I was so weak, I could barely stand, and called
him and told him I am so sorry but I can't come down to help you today. He told
me to go to the emergency room if I felt that badly.
I went to the emergency room, so weak, it was as if someone had drained every
ounce of energy out of my body. Like my system was not functioning. I did not
tell my story to them, but the Doctor diagnosed me with depression. I was like,
"I am not depressed, I have not been depressed." He wanted to put me on a popular
anti-anxiety drug, the name escapes me now. I refused the drug, and told him I
would go to my own physician. She knew I was not being treated for depression.
I did go to her, and told her the whole story. Even how Jesus literally caused that
bat to fly out the window. She is a Mennonite, I am sure she believed me, but
she could not really help me get over what the shock did to my system.
I can't even recall how long I was unable to regain strength. It was months. I even
became so weak I could no longer drive my car. I was a driver. I always drove all
the time, even my husband let me drive when he was home. I just lost all my
strength. I recall one day the phone rang, I answered and could barely speak above
a whisper. I was unable to lift a skillet, fear began to set in. We had to buy a new
Range. We bought a convection oven range, and I was terrified I would not know
how to use it.
My husband decided to leave the City he was working in and come back home to
the Home office and live here again. He saw the seriousness of my condition.
No one ever did tell me what happened to me. I just know I could barely walk.
I recall it was like walking and it took all effort to get to where I needed to go.
I wanted to go out on our deck, and I tried to walk to look at flowers and I could
not even stay outside due to the weakness.
I recalled a movie called 'WHAT ABOUT BOB '... To save time I won't tell you
the movie, except to say, Bob was fearful and seeing a Psychiatrist and the Dr. gave
him a book called 'BABY STEPS' . This was to get Bob over his fear of being outside.
I began to tell myself, 'think of it as baby steps.' We would go to Church and my
husband would have to help me out of the car. He would hold his hand on my back
and push on me to help me get up the few steps to get inside to the pew.
Well, it did take quite a long long time for me to get my strength back. I do not know
to this day what happened when that bat flew through my hair. The few years it took
for me to be able to regain enough strength to drive again and not be afraid to try
something new. To be able to do dishes that did not feel like they weighed a ton.
One thing I did do however, I did go to a 12 step program to help me get accustomed
to being with people again. That helped me also.
Today, I still do not like to drive. I am not fearful because I know who I am in Christ.
I learned compassion for others who have phobias. I have always been an outgoing
person, loved public speaking, and for me to become one who does not like to leave
the house even for shopping now, is not who I was.
That is my story of where I come from today. Not who I was before the incident with
the bat. Did I ever find out how the bat came in my room? No.... I have my own
thoughts of the purpose it was sent. Why a Christian ? I do not know. Only God
knows the answer. I just know He is truly faithful to be all He tells us in His Word
He is. He is our healer, our protector, our deliverer, our provider, our everything.
JKH ~ J~Kay~2 8-23-12 ~Repost 3/19/14
The experience that changed the person I was. What was it ?
It was 3:30 AM in the morning, I was sleeping soundly. My
husband was in his room asleep. He had a meeting out of town
at 9:00 AM and a 3 hour drive to get there. He needed his sleep.
A buzzing brushed across the top of my hair, causing me to awaken.
My first thought it was a a large bug that often makes a buzzing sound
and fly at night. I turned my bedside light on, felt through my hair,
nothing there.
I looked around my room and on my wall I spotted a black object. Trying
to focus and wake up, I realized it was a bat. How in the world did a bat
get in my room? My bedroom door was shut. I had a window fan in my
window. Where did it come from.
I knew I did not want to awaken my husband as his meeting was important,
and needed to be fresh for that. I wanted to get that bat out of my room,
but how? If I opened the door it would have flown into the hallway then
really I would have had to chase it with a broom to get it ouside. That was
too much commotion.
I knelt by my bed and asked the Lord, how do I get this out Jesus ? I knew
from when I was a young girl, you should cover your hair with something
if you need to get a bat out of your home. I understand they will get
tangled in your hair. So, I looked at foot of my bed and it just so happened
I had a sweatshirt lying there. I slowly moved around to get it and put it
over my head.
The bat moved to the Shadow Box, hanging on the wall next to the window
with the window fan in it. I prayed, Oh, Lord what do I do? I looked at the
window and knew I had to get over there and remove that fan and pray the
bat would not attack me. I can't recall if I moved across the bed to get to
the window, or crawled around the bed to reach up and get the fan out. But,
I did manage to raise up and get the fan out of the window, pushed the window
up higher, and crawled back to the my side of the bed once again.
I looked up at the bat, I prayed this prayer. " Jesus, just as that bat got in here,
you can make it go out." The bat immediately flew out the window. Shaking
I praised the Lord, went to window and put the fan back in. I climbed back
in bed. I wanted to go back to sleep. I nearly drifted off, then it hit, me.... if
I go to sleep, I am going to think I had a nightmare.
Seriously shaking from the experience, I wanted to wake my husband so badly
and tell him what happened, but just could not. So, I made the decision to go
to my sofa and sleep until he got up. I was trying to sort out all that happened
as I lay on the sofa, trying to go to sleep, but sleep would not come. I had a
voice in my head tell me, "the next think you know you will be seeing snakes
all over your living room carpet." That did it. I was totally shaken. I turned
my TV on to a station that played Christian Videos and I remember just watching
that until my husband got up.
Things began to change for me from that moment on. Later that morning my
daughter asked if I planned to be out, and if so, would I stop and get her mail
for her. I was still shaken and by this time so weak I could barely walk but I did
drive to her house with her mail. She lived in a split level home, and I made it
up 3 steps and collapsed. She prayed for me. She said she could see me like an
animal lying on a highway all beaten and run over. She is a wonderful Christian
lady, and I knew God was giving her a word of knowledge.
The next day on Tuesday, I was to go to where my husband worked and it would
have been a 3 hr. drive for me. I was so weak, I could barely stand, and called
him and told him I am so sorry but I can't come down to help you today. He told
me to go to the emergency room if I felt that badly.
I went to the emergency room, so weak, it was as if someone had drained every
ounce of energy out of my body. Like my system was not functioning. I did not
tell my story to them, but the Doctor diagnosed me with depression. I was like,
"I am not depressed, I have not been depressed." He wanted to put me on a popular
anti-anxiety drug, the name escapes me now. I refused the drug, and told him I
would go to my own physician. She knew I was not being treated for depression.
I did go to her, and told her the whole story. Even how Jesus literally caused that
bat to fly out the window. She is a Mennonite, I am sure she believed me, but
she could not really help me get over what the shock did to my system.
I can't even recall how long I was unable to regain strength. It was months. I even
became so weak I could no longer drive my car. I was a driver. I always drove all
the time, even my husband let me drive when he was home. I just lost all my
strength. I recall one day the phone rang, I answered and could barely speak above
a whisper. I was unable to lift a skillet, fear began to set in. We had to buy a new
Range. We bought a convection oven range, and I was terrified I would not know
how to use it.
My husband decided to leave the City he was working in and come back home to
the Home office and live here again. He saw the seriousness of my condition.
No one ever did tell me what happened to me. I just know I could barely walk.
I recall it was like walking and it took all effort to get to where I needed to go.
I wanted to go out on our deck, and I tried to walk to look at flowers and I could
not even stay outside due to the weakness.
I recalled a movie called 'WHAT ABOUT BOB '... To save time I won't tell you
the movie, except to say, Bob was fearful and seeing a Psychiatrist and the Dr. gave
him a book called 'BABY STEPS' . This was to get Bob over his fear of being outside.
I began to tell myself, 'think of it as baby steps.' We would go to Church and my
husband would have to help me out of the car. He would hold his hand on my back
and push on me to help me get up the few steps to get inside to the pew.
Well, it did take quite a long long time for me to get my strength back. I do not know
to this day what happened when that bat flew through my hair. The few years it took
for me to be able to regain enough strength to drive again and not be afraid to try
something new. To be able to do dishes that did not feel like they weighed a ton.
One thing I did do however, I did go to a 12 step program to help me get accustomed
to being with people again. That helped me also.
Today, I still do not like to drive. I am not fearful because I know who I am in Christ.
I learned compassion for others who have phobias. I have always been an outgoing
person, loved public speaking, and for me to become one who does not like to leave
the house even for shopping now, is not who I was.
That is my story of where I come from today. Not who I was before the incident with
the bat. Did I ever find out how the bat came in my room? No.... I have my own
thoughts of the purpose it was sent. Why a Christian ? I do not know. Only God
knows the answer. I just know He is truly faithful to be all He tells us in His Word
He is. He is our healer, our protector, our deliverer, our provider, our everything.
JKH ~ J~Kay~2 8-23-12 ~Repost 3/19/14