What about "judging"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 20, 2012
"You can't judge me!"

By the very statement, "you can't judge me", one is both accusing and judging ;-(

i am so tired of hearing the catholics, christians and indeed all the religious, as well as athiests, all liken unto parrots continually sounding their rallying cry of "you can't judge me" ;-(

Question?

When one declares a certain behavior or thing or ? to be wrong, not right; bad, not good; of 'd'evil, not "Our Father"; etc.......

Is that judgment? or discernment?

N

Nancyer

I would say discernment, unless it is followed by criticisms and condemnation. With Christ there is no condemnation. I have struggled with judging others by how they dress, music they listen to, where they live, etc. Even since coming to Christ. This became clear to me last year when a new family began attending my church. Very nice mom and dad, dear, lovely people. If I had seen their son on the street, at Wal-Mart, wherever I would have avoided him. He dresses very strangely; long hair, black finger nails, shredded camouflage, heavy metal T-shirts, etc. But this young man is the most intelligent, polite, funny, charming young man I have ever met. Very sweet, a true gentleman, knows his Bible, and volunteers many hours to the care and maintenance of our church, helps at all our events, works very hard. If all youth were even close to the person this young man is we'd be in a much better place. When I am tempted to say or think something about someone I don't know I am reminded of this 17 year old and I stop myself.

Bless you,

(Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.