What am I seeking?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
A new member asked me a question, "What are you seeking?" Having been blessed with few communication skills I fumbled the answer. The best reply I can give is better explained by A.W. Tozer:

"We pursue God because, and only because, He first put an urge within us that spurs us to the pursuit. The doctrine of justification by faith--a biblical truth… has in our times fallen into evil company and been interpreted by many…to bar men from the pursuit of God. The man is saved, but he is not hungry nor thirsty after God. In fact, he is specifically taught to be satisfied and is encouraged to be content with little."

"In the midst of this great chill there are some, I rejoice in the knowledge, who will not be content with shallow logic. They will admit the force of the argument, then turn away with tears to hunt for some lonely place and pray, “O God, show me thy glory.” They want to taste and touch with their hearts, and to see with their inner eyes the wonder that is God."

“As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee.” Psalm 42:1

"To have found God and still pursue Him is the soul’s paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart."

We taste Thee, O Thou Living Bead,
And long to feast upon thee still:
We drink of Thee, the Fountainhead
And thirst our souls from Thee to fill.

St. Bernard

"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. Oh God, the Triune God, I want to want thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed."

A.W. Tozer

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33).