What are these sounds?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kenisyes

It doesn't happen exactly everywhere. Probably shifting tectonic plates change the dimensions of underground caverns, so they magnify certain sound waves, like feedback on an auditorium sound system. The problem is, why this did not happen before a decade or so ago? Where is this new sound coming from? My guess is first candidate is either the HAARP project, or one if its kin, or a spinoff of the new satellite communication technology. New types of man-made waves exciting piezoelectric materials in the rock/soil. This is important to follow, and I'm glad someone is investing some money in doing it. There are prophecies in some more "cultish" areas of Christianity of a new sound being generated by the earth, preparatory to a new move of God.

J

Jennyyyyy

Awesome response, I'm also leaning towards this being a natural response to a man-made project.

R

RachelBibleStudent

from what i have heard many of these strange 'hums' people are hearing in different places have many different causes...'the hum' is not all one phenomenon...

for example the hum in hawaii is volcanic...while one hum in indiana was traced back to cooling systems at two factories...

K

kenisyes

from what i have heard many of these strange 'hums' people are hearing in different places have many different causes...'the hum' is not all one phenomenon...

for example the hum in hawaii is volcanic...while one hum in indiana was traced back to cooling systems at two factories...
I can understand that the air-conditioner hum was not heard before now, since the air conditioning units are probably new. Was the volcano hum heard before a few years ago? Maybe a century ago?

S

StephenH

Who knows what it might be. It could be natural or it could be artificially made by humans. It could be so many different things that I don't think they'll figure it out for a long time to come and if they do, it'll be coincidence.

It might even stop on its own.