what can I do?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wheresemily

I was thrilled when I got saved and have maintained a daily relationship with Jesus ever since but I'm struggling with some things that ultimately seem to make me a bad Christian.
First of all I have a genuine dislike for people and spending tiime with them. I love people as in I have compassion for them, wiill help them sometimes but I really don't enjoy peoples company. I hate meeting new people, doing the snalltalk and planning to meet up again.
when I force myself to church I feel completely alone and not normal because I'm not enjoying the service like everyone else seems to be and when the speaker say something funny and everyone is laughing at it I feel stupid because i am the only one not laughing, I nevef find teir jokes funny.
I do want a friend but only one because it takes a special kind of person for me to enjoy spending time with them and more than one relationship completely drains me
I don't want to work, there is no job I would like to do and I have no dreams or goals.
I have one place to go where I feel truly happy and its me and my puppy cuddled up in bed, watching t.v. I do this as much as possible
I should mention that I am believed to have social anxiety disorder which probably contributes to the problems. I love being alone, just me and my dog. I barely ever get lonely. i have no real friends. I am a bad Christian because God made up for relationship and I don't wan relation ship much besides my relationship with God,
please note I have tried many times to force myself into these situations and I always hate it and run away. Also I have a chronic pain disease that keeps me in bed most of the time and I am always feeling drained from the pain I experience too. I don't even enjoy kids or babies for long.
I can't force myself to want to do certain things or want to talk to people, it just isn't in me. what should I do?

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Well, you don't have to have a relationship or be in one.

What is you relationship with your family like?

T

Timofree

For starters it's by grace we've been saved, and even the 'best' Christians can't approach God by their good works, but through Jesus........so I wouldn't say your a bad Christian. Obviously take it to the Lord in prayer. I find memorizing scripture, and meditating on it helps if Im feeling fearful, or anytime really.......

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

I find myself in a similar situation, because I dont seem to have much in common with the majority of Christians I meet of my age, and as for jokes from the pastor :|
God is no respecter of persons though, and He delights in using people the world wouldnt consider. To show it's by His strength, not our own.........nothing is impossible with Him.

Also it's good to think how we've been blessed (not always easy I know), but when you stop to consider the eternal life we've been saved into, and hell we've been saved from.......enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise.
God knows our weaknesses though, and how much harder it can be to count your blessings in the valley, than on the mountain top!

J

Jullianna

Wheresemily, it certainly does sound like a social disorder. Are you receiving treatment of any kind? I know that I don't like to be around people much when I'm not feeling well from time to time, so I can't imagine what it's like for you being in constant pain. I will certainly be praying with you re: the social disorder and chronic pain.

God looks at your heart, not your works. He sees your struggles and understands them more than you do. :) You aren't a bad christian. You are a christian enduring difficult times. And you ARE enduring. You are overcoming, even though it may not seem like it. Because you have not abandoned your faith. :) Hold onto Him. If it's one perfect friend you're looking for, He's it. :)

God bless you, sister!

1still_waters

We're told to love people. We're not mandated to be extroverted social butterflies. There is a huge difference between the two.

If God made you introverted, then be comfortable being who he made you. Just don't be a jerk about it.