What cancel culture is doing is what they did unto the prophets

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. 23 Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy: for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for in the same manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

When I was last on Facebook they suspended me because "someone was offended by one of my posts". They didn't tell me what post was offensive, they didn't tell me what rule I had broken or even anything that would help me to correct the behavior they deemed offensive. Since my posts are focused on Christ and the church I concluded that Facebook did not welcome Christians any longer and so I shook off the dust and deleted my account. It was not easy to delete the account, it took 30 days, just as the Lord said, the dust will cling to you.

That was a few years ago, Censorship is not working for the tech giants so instead we are seeing a lot of insults and ridicule.

Projection

We are seeing a lot of projection. If they are spewing propaganda they will accuse you of that. If they are the mouthpiece for the main stream media they will accuse you of that. They accuse you of parroting when in fact they are the ones parroting the main stream media. They will accuse you of being hateful, intolerant and dishonest when the fact is that is what they are. They will say you are trying to tell people what to think, which is of course what they are doing. They will accuse you of acting as the thought police, which is what they are doing. They will accuse others of "twisting the discussion away" which is really what they are trying to do.

Arrogance

They will critique your post accusing you of "serious flaws" without so much as identifying them and laying out the case for why they are flawed. They will put themselves forward as smarter than you even though their own posts are foolish and make them appear to be a simpleton. They describe themselves in boastful terms, they are leaders, evolved, grandiose in their opinion of themselves. They will describe you as delusional. They will call you "infantile".

Insulting

They will accuse you of being anti Christian, say you aren't living by grace, accusing you of total nonsense. Again, they don't lay out a case for why they say this, simply set themselves on high and make these proclamations just like the "fact checkers" of a few years ago. You have a problem with people, or you have rigid thinking, not like them. Accuse you of fabrication and spreading garbage. They will say your posts are irrelevant and a waste of time, and yet they read every one and comment on every one. They will accuse you of being hateful, intolerant, and dishonest. They will accuse you of having a warped view of who Jesus is.

Hypocritical

Their questions are total hypocrisy, a put down disguised as a question. If you ask them a question you will be ignored, and yet they will claim to ignore you while reading every post. They think they are speaking for everyone else on the forum when in fact you can hardly find anyone else that would agree with that claim. For example "why do you think everyone is closed minded and biased like you?" Just an insult pretending to be a question. They will be incredibly thin skinned for someone pushing so many insults, accusing you of being pompous, when that describes them to a tee. Of course they will accuse you of being "the epitome of hypocrisy".

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

What is in their heart is to lift up the authority of the state over the authority of the constitution and over the authority of your conscience and over the authority of the Lord Jesus (the incarnated word of God).
In short, this is called darkness hating light.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Here Are Leftists’ Disgusting Reactions To The Horrific Nashville Christian School Shooting

Karine Jean-Pierre
During her remarks in Monday’s White House press briefing, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre not only used the shooting to call for increased gun control, but appeared to blame the tragedy on Republicans.

“How many more children have to be murdered before Republicans in Congress will step up and act to pass the assault-weapons ban?” she asked.

Terry Moran
ABC News Senior National Correspondent Terry Moran wasted no time in seemingly tying the shooting to Tennessee Republicans, who recently passed legislation protecting minors from experimental transgender surgeries, wrong-sex hormones, and drag shows.

Mike Wise
Washington Post contributor and former New York Times columnist Mike Wise went out of his way to thank a Twitter user, who referred to Tennessee as “an intolerant state that brainwashes children through religious indoctrination.”

Rep. Don Beyer
The Virginia Democrat blasted Republicans with an unserious and bad-faith attack, saying the GOP thinks drag shows pose a greater physical danger to children than guns do.

Benjamin Ryan
In a now-deleted tweet, independent reporter and NBC News contributor Benjamin Ryan attempted to correlate the shooting with the fact that The Daily Wire, a conservative news outlet, is based in Nashville.

Anna Skinner
Newsweek Senior Writer Anna Skinner spent her Monday afternoon writing an article titled, “Tennessee Republicans’ Ban on Drag Shows Mocked After Mass Shooting,” in which she spun the news to be about bashing Tennessee Republicans and lamented that so-called “assault weapons” are still legal in the state.

Judgement begins in the house of God, but then it will go to the nations.

Lord you said that a house divided shall not stand. I pray that the satanic world rulers would be divided against themselves, outing one another, attacking one another, and bringing your hand of judgment on one another.

Lord Jesus — we pray that you would be a spirit of confusion in the minds of those that give no regard to you. Lord, in their confusion may there come forth great betrayal that will cause them to turn on one another and betray one another to the highest extent in their greed. Their heart is on gain and so may they become enemies to everyone. Lord Jesus we pray that everyone who puts their trust in money would be confounded.
Thank you for this prayer. I am praying that God saves our enemies... but if they are not destined for salvation, then that He would judge them and punish them, and that America would vomit the evil out.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
What "prophet"has been canceled? Because I can't think of a single one

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Prophet refers to anyone who is speaking for the Lord or in the name of the Lord. Prophet does not simply mean to speak before hand, it also means to speak for or to speak forth.

So every single Christian cancelled because of their speaking in the name of the Lord Jesus would be someone who was cancelled.

I will not go into a long list here, but there have been pastors arrested for this, SWAT teams going to their homes to take them in, women in the UK arrested because the police suspected she might be praying, I was cancelled on Facebook and on another Christian forum as well.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Prophet refers to anyone who is speaking for the Lord or in the name of the Lord. Prophet does not simply mean to speak before hand, it also means to speak for or to speak forth.

So every single Christian cancelled because of their speaking in the name of the Lord Jesus would be someone who was cancelled.

I will not go into a long list here, but there have been pastors arrested for this, SWAT teams going to their homes to take them in, women in the UK arrested because the police suspected she might be praying, I was cancelled on Facebook and on another Christian forum as well.
I have plenty of Christian friends on my Facebook and they don't get Zuched just making Christian posts

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Musk Lifted Bans for Thousands on Twitter. Here’s What They’re Tweeting.
Many reinstated users are tweeting about topics that got them barred in the first place: Covid-19 skepticism, election denialism and QAnon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/22/...tter introduced,no longer enforce that policy.

According to this article there were over 11,000 accounts cancelled. No doubt many of these accounts, perhaps even the majority were not cancelled because they were speaking in the name of Jesus. However, it has also been testified, under oath, by those investigating this, that they are far and away espousing conservative Christian views. Therefore it seems quite reasonable to conclude, based on my own personal experience and the people we do know have been cancelled, that many of those people were shut down for speaking in the name of Jesus.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I have plenty of Christian friends on my Facebook and they don't get Zuched just making Christian posts
Yes, but you have at least one Christian friend who did.

I asked what the offending post was, I asked what rule I broke and they refused to tell me. That tells me I did not break any rules and telling me the post would have been scandalous to Facebook.

They did say that something I had said had offended people on facebook. You have seen my posts, you know the things I say, and I knew the posts that were receiving pushback, so I feel quite confident without knowing more, that I was cancelled for speaking in the name of Jesus.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Musk Lifted Bans for Thousands on Twitter. Here’s What They’re Tweeting.
Many reinstated users are tweeting about topics that got them barred in the first place: Covid-19 skepticism, election denialism and QAnon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/22/technology/musk-twitter-bans.html#:~:text=During the pandemic, Twitter introduced,no longer enforce that policy.

According to this article there were over 11,000 accounts cancelled. No doubt many of these accounts, perhaps even the majority were not cancelled because they were speaking in the name of Jesus. However, it has also been testified, under oath, by those investigating this, that they are far and away espousing conservative Christian views. Therefore it seems quite reasonable to conclude, based on my own personal experience and the people we do know have been cancelled, that many of those people were shut down for speaking in the name of Jesus.
The first example that comes to mind is Jordan peterson.
He went after Elliot page on Twitter completely unprovoked and then pretended to be the victim when he got banned

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The first example that comes to mind is Jordan peterson.
He went after Elliot page on Twitter completely unprovoked and then pretended to be the victim when he got banned
Why? I don't think he is a Christian, but even if he is, there is no indication that he speaks in the name of the Lord Jesus. That is a red herring.

ButterflyJones

Feb 5, 2023
I thought it was Facebook and the other Big Tech corporations doing this (with some smaller ones following). I thought CC was very welcoming of most free speech?
I should have clarified but I thought my reply to the post would make for succinct reference and understanding .

CC=Cancel Culture

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
ABC’s Terry Moran Appears to Blame Today’s Nashville School Mass Shooting by “Transgender” on Republican Lawmakers Who Oppose Transgender Surgery for Minors

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...rs-who-oppose-transgender-surgery-for-minors/

Now the corporate media has started to blame the right. ABC’s Terry Moran on Monday night had the audacity to blame the mass shooting on recently-signed legislation by Republicans in Tennessee banning puberty blockers and gender reassignment surgery for minors...
KISS co-founder blasts 'normalizing' sexual struggles in children: 'Sad and dangerous fad'

The White House has previously promoted efforts to support gender reassignment treatments for minors

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kiss-...g-sexual-struggles-children-sad-dangerous-fad

Paul Stanley, the lead singer and co-founder of the band KISS, came out against gender reassignment treatments for children in a lengthy post to social media on Sunday.

In a seemingly unprompted post, Stanley criticized parents for encouraging their children to question their sexual identity as part of what he referred to as "a sad and dangerous fad."

I'm curious to see if Paul Stanley will be harassed and attacked by the transgender community for his comments. :unsure:

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
KISS co-founder blasts 'normalizing' sexual struggles in children: 'Sad and dangerous fad'

The White House has previously promoted efforts to support gender reassignment treatments for minors

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kiss-...g-sexual-struggles-children-sad-dangerous-fad

Paul Stanley, the lead singer and co-founder of the band KISS, came out against gender reassignment treatments for children in a lengthy post to social media on Sunday.

In a seemingly unprompted post, Stanley criticized parents for encouraging their children to question their sexual identity as part of what he referred to as "a sad and dangerous fad."

I'm curious to see if Paul Stanley will be harassed and attacked by the transgender community for his comments. :unsure:
Of course he will. I'll be surprised if not.