What Could Your Church Do Better?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
I wish our services were a little shorter. When services are too long, and when there is no reason for it, I think people tend to look for churches with shorter services. If the only reason the service is long is that people love to talk, or musicians aren’t satisfied doing a reasonable number of songs, then I think the services should be shortened.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Short is good 45 minutes to an hour is perfect.

Dec 19, 2009
Short is good 45 minutes to an hour is perfect.
It might depend a little on the size of the congregation. We have time for people to share their joys and concerns, and this can go on for quite a while.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Oh we dont do that at ours...that could add a bit of time though

Dec 19, 2009
Oh we dont do that at ours...that could add a bit of time though
Yes, a lot of people can have joys or concerns. A lot of people want us to know it’s going to be their birthday this week.

S

selenah

I wish our services were a little shorter. When services are too long, and when there is no reason for it, I think people tend to look for churches with shorter services. If the only reason the service is long is that people love to talk, or musicians aren’t satisfied doing a reasonable number of songs, then I think the services should be shortened.
Well....they do need to refill the water dispenser more often. Other than that, it seems pretty good.

B

Beloved57

I don't have a church home right now but I do go off and on to my parents church. One of the many reason I don't have a church home, is that I'm single, and IMO 90%, of the churches, if not more, aren't single friendly. I have read articles on why single men don't go to church, I can tell you, most single male Believers would like to meet single female Christians, but this is hard if not impossible at most local churches. The best line married folks give, is the church is a place of worship, not a dating service.
Yes we should worship God at Church, but the House of Worship, should be a place of healing and growing too, along with Fellowship.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I would like to see more churches involved in ministering to the sick and inferm.
Ive been able to make a few services, but more often due to my health I cannot.
Saddly even bringing this to the pastor did not change anything.
His answer was most dont want to see this kind of thing.
Did'nt know I was a kind of thing. :)
It would help if there were more evening services, with a willingness to accomidate the needs of those restricted in body.
I know that they cannot accomidate all, but an occasional visit would be nice. :)

God bless
pickles

S

selenah

Can’t they put in a real drinking fountain?
I don't think so. The church rents part of a building for services.. I doubt they would be allowed to put a fountain in.

Dec 19, 2009
I don't think so. The church rents part of a building for services.. I doubt they would be allowed to put a fountain in.
So, I’m wondering if the church is responsible for filling those coolers, or if the owners of the building are supposed to do that.

S

selenah

So, I’m wondering if the church is responsible for filling those coolers, or if the owners of the building are supposed to do that.
I don't know. I'm guessing the church is responsible for it.