What did the Lord teach believers ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I’m not sure if there interest here but is anyone interested in talking not about “ who’s saved and who’s not “ or how that is done or prophecy or anything .

But instead look at what the lord taught about important subjects we live daily not judging each other heretics or arguing about who’s right , but just trying to learn and discuss what Jesus our savior and precious Lord said to people who believe in him ?

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭

prayer just one of many things he taught regarding prayer in the one gospel for all people who believe

“And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. And he said unto them,

When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭11:1-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s incredible that Our God made a way to teach those who are his people and believe in him things like how to pray . How Jesus wills tbat we pray his way of praying and prayer lessons from the one who lives even now to save us who hear and believe.

“Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.”

“And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: but one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭10:38- 42‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I don’t know if this is the right place for a post like this but the bi le teaches is to sort of forget our own ways along the path sometime , and hear the lords ways and believe him ot is a precious decision that holds an incomparable promise made from the lips and with the tongue and voice of our true and only God , through his son Jesus Christ the Lord

“And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, And every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: For all shall know me, From the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, And their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭8:11-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

at his right hand is life everlasting would love to hear your words and additions just trying something it may bomb like Hiroshima in the war zone 😂

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
at his right hand is life everlasting would love to hear your words and additions just trying something it may bomb like Hiroshima in the war zone 😂
...or turn out to be a big a gas as Auschwitz? :oops:
you lost me here, bro.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Another teaching regarding prayer and self righteousness taught by Jesus the Lord

“And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Two men went up into the temple to pray;

the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other:

for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased;

and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:9-14‬ ‭

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Once we becomes believers in and followers of Jesus, our lives are no longer our own. From that day forth, we are to seek to live for Him, doing what He purposed us to do, and depending on Him for the wisdom, strength and knowledge to do His will.

A few Scriptures about living for God/Jesus:

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Galatians 1:10 - For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Matthew 22:37 - Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

James 1:2-4 - My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; (Read More...)

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Matthew 6:24 - No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Hebrews 13:5 - Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Read More...)

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 - Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. (Read More...)

Romans 14:8 - For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Colossians 3:23 - And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Exodus 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2 Corinthians 5:15 - And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Once we becomes believers in and followers of Jesus, our lives are no longer our own. From that day forth, we are to seek to live for Him, doing what He purposed us to do, and depending on Him for the wisdom, strength and knowledge to do His will.

A few Scriptures about living for God/Jesus:

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Galatians 1:10 - For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Matthew 22:37 - Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

James 1:2-4 - My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; (Read More...)

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Matthew 6:24 - No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Hebrews 13:5 - Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Read More...)

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 - Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. (Read More...)

Romans 14:8 - For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Colossians 3:23 - And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Exodus 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2 Corinthians 5:15 - And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Amen good stuff

Any thoughts on prayer brother ? And what Jesus or his apostles teach us about it ?

“Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:24-26‬ ‭

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Prayer is our special way to communicate with God directly. It is a vital part of any believers life. Prayer is essential!

It is how we make known to God (even though He knows already) what our deepest needs, fears, desires are.

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Pray a lot, Pray about everything. I can not even count the number of times I pray to God each day. And, about everything pretty much. Prayers of thanksgiving, of asking for protection, of physical needs, of all sorts of things. I talk to God as much as I can.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray without ceasing.

I pray to God, but I pray "in the name of Jesus." He is our Mediator!

1 Timothy 2:5 - For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

I pray the Lord's Prayer every night. Why? Because Jesus taught us this prayer. The prayer is in Matthew, Chapter 6, vs 9 thru 13. Most people pretty much stop there when they speak of the Lord's Prayer. However, Jesus did not. He made specific statements about the Prayer and the needs to not just pray the prayer, but LIVE THE PRAYER.

Consider:

14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

There is a whole bunch of people who do not believe Jesus meant what He said here. Personally, I believe Jesus meant everything He said, and everything He said is truth,

Pray with a sincere and contrite heart. Pray in the spirit. If words escape you, the Holy Spirit will pray for you. Pray.

Psalms 34:17 - The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Prayer is our special way to communicate with God directly. It is a vital part of any believers life. Prayer is essential!

It is how we make known to God (even though He knows already) what our deepest needs, fears, desires are.

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Pray a lot, Pray about everything. I can not even count the number of times I pray to God each day. And, about everything pretty much. Prayers of thanksgiving, of asking for protection, of physical needs, of all sorts of things. I talk to God as much as I can.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray without ceasing.

I pray to God, but I pray "in the name of Jesus." He is our Mediator!

1 Timothy 2:5 - For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

I pray the Lord's Prayer every night. Why? Because Jesus taught us this prayer. The prayer is in Matthew, Chapter 6, vs 9 thru 13. Most people pretty much stop there when they speak of the Lord's Prayer. However, Jesus did not. He made specific statements about the Prayer and the needs to not just pray the prayer, but LIVE THE PRAYER.

Consider:

14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

There is a whole bunch of people who do not believe Jesus meant what He said here. Personally, I believe Jesus meant everything He said, and everything He said is truth,

Pray with a sincere and contrite heart. Pray in the spirit. If words escape you, the Holy Spirit will pray for you. Pray.

Psalms 34:17 - The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Love every one thank you also for your thought just what I had hoped for!

I pray "in the name of Jesus." He is our Mediator!

great point . The name of Gods son who was given for the life of the world (John 6:51)

“There is a whole bunch of people who do not believe Jesus meant what He said here. Personally, I believe Jesus meant everything He said, and everything He said is truth,”

indeed that’s one of the most important things he focused on in his teachings all together it’s what James refers to as the “law of liberty “ for he shall have no mercy who has not shown mercy “

the reason I’m convinced is that it’s one of his teachings repetetively and lessons to prepare us for judgement

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:36-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But why dost thou judge thy brother? ( holding a grudge is a conviction we hold against someone else ) or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, And every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:10-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

thank you again for that post was exactly my hope

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Sometimes we can see a good example in the gospel of a man after Gods own heart and how prayer relates to his power and confidence in God

“Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,”…
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:21‬ ‭

“And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭9:29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And it came to pass, as he was alone praying, his disciples were with him: and he asked them, saying, Whom say the people that I am?”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭9:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭14:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But so much the more went there a fame abroad of him: and great multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by him of their infirmities. And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭5:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, …And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground. And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:40-41, 44-45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

….Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”
“‭‭John‬ ‭17:1, 20-21‬ ‭KJV

also the church

“And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭16:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and

“Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭12:5-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Just a few examples of the faith we’ve chosen and the value of prayer it’s a good thing to study for yourself and sort of something that is important to God that we keep in touch with him communicating our heart God bless