What do I do? Don't want to ruin it.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seza

I'm looking for any suggestions from people to help me with my situation.
I have a friend and well in our hearts we're more than friends mutually. I've been praying for him a lot that there will be opportunities for him to come to the Lord. And that he will be able to see the Lord working in his life.
Recently he has been saying he feel empty and doesn't know what is wrong. I know the answers but I would never act out with my mind, I want to act with the holy spirit.
In the meantime while I wait for answers and direction from God, what do I do?
This is so important to me that I don't want to stuff any of this up. Although I see it as such a blessing that there is an open opportunity for the Lord to come into his life.

D

DanuckInUSA

Offer Him experience from your own life. Let your deeds speak the Gospel and he will seek it.

C

Credo_ut_Intelligam

I know the answers but I would never act out with my mind, I want to act with the holy spirit.
The Holy Spirit works by shaping our hearts and sanctifying us through Scripture (John 17:17 "Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth"). I don't think you should wait around for the Holy Spirit to bypass this process and take control of your mouth and speak words that are in some sense not your words but the Holy Spirit's words. (Not that you are expecting for something like this to happen, but I'm really not sure what to make of the statement.) Whatever words you speak to your friend are going to be your words; hopefully, words coming from a heart that has been guided and formed by the work of the Spirit... but still your words and still imperfect.

But if you really want to speak God's word to him then you don't need to wait around for any extraordinary circumstance. If you know the gospel, you know enough. These are God's words, and you can share them with your friend. And you can have confidence that "...the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12). If you simply share with your friend the words of God that you already know, you don't have to be worried about failing to persuade your friend or saying the wrong thing or not having some supernatural overwhelming experience where the Holy Spirit takes control of your mouth.

In the meantime while I wait for answers and direction from God, what do I do?
I don't see why you should be waiting at all if you already have what you need. Think of the parable about the ruler who gave money to his servants and went away. The servants had the responsibility to be good stewards. Two of them were profitable and invested their master's money. One of them simply hid the master's money and waited for the master to come back.

I can imagine this last servant, who hid the money, waiting around for the master to send him a letter telling him exactly where to invest it and how. He never got the letter, so he just kept it hidden. That's the wrong way to go about it. We don't wait for God to woo us into every action so that we know our actions are really God's actions. We've been given a responsibility (in this case sharing the gospel) and we go out and do it, knowing we've already been given what we need. Simple.

S

Seza

Thank you very much that was helpful. I wasn't intending to let this opportunity by, I know the Lord opened up this opportunity.
I just want to go about things the right way. I don't want to make it sound like I'm trying to force him into anything. Plus he is an atheist so it's not that easy.