What Do You Fear?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Luke 12

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. 6Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Peace and Blessings.

Oct 31, 2011
I think it is so wonderful how God teaches, so we have to learn all His words to get it straight. We are taught to have no fear at all, that with the whole armor of God we have absolute protection. We are taught that the entire law is an expression of love, love creates our boundaries. God has absolute power over us and our world, and we are to be afraid of that power. When we misuse that power, it is something to be very afraid of.

Once a friend of mine faced some hard things to cope with, and told me how frightened she was. I convinced her to watch the flight of birds and the beauty of a rose as proof of God watching over her, that God was in her world, too. With this new way of looking at her problems, she stopped crying and starting coping.

Feb 16, 2011
I fear that my failures will hinder the work of God. I want to finish this race with a good conscience and a good record. I want my works to be gold tried in the fire, not wood, hay, and stubble. I know I am going to heaven but I fear going there with no one that I can say joined me in following Christ. I want to disciple people into the kingdom. I do not want to show up at the gates without the blood of the enemy the Devil on my hands.

G

GRA

"I would tell you, but I am afraid to post it..."

;)

( just kidding )

:)

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
i fear that i am not reaching enough people with all the revelations that God has told me and showed me. That i am not doing enough for Him.

^i^

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
My greatest fear is becoming one of the people Jesus warned about. I always fear of not being humble, I always am afraid of walking of the path set before me. I always have regret that I do not love others like i know i should, that I can't see them as the lord does. And when i feel completely disconnected from the lord for more than one day a bit of fear sometimes pops up.

But fear is a choice, it's lie and one of satans strongest weapons

P

Powemm

Perfect love casts out all fear.. god is perfect love .. My greatest fear is being separated from Him again ..

P

Powemm

Do you feel the Lord grants us this understanding, allowing us to fear ourselves and what we are capable of.
So that we understand being meek within showing mercy and within this we may understand the mercy God himself shows upon us.
In other words, it's one of the ways we understand how God feels so we may be closer to and know him better in what he'
s done for us.
In 2 Samuel 24 the Lord had to even restrain one of his own angels, how much more must he do the same with us.

[SUP]16 [/SUP]When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, the Lord relented concerning the disaster and said to the angel who was afflicting the people, “Enough! Withdraw your hand.”
I REALLY needed to read this !! I've never read it before .. wow! this simple verse ., is like a sea of information to me., and says so much about this restraint I feel to hold back and bite my tongue nearly in half .,
Thank you so much for posting it ..

P

Powemm

Thanks be to God , He just released some Hige chains on me .. I wasn't relating to Him in this area .. wow what a view He must have with us .. How mighty His restraint is not give us what we deserve . How great His mercy to give us so much grace instead .. Very humbling ..

Mar 26, 2013
We (humans) are naturally fearful creatures (e.g. who hasn't been afraid of the dark?) and we tend to make up nonsense about things we don't understand. Once we understand something, i.e. once we understand the truth of something, we have less need to fear it.
Indeed, truth is something we all naturally fear. But once we understand truth, we become fearless, and are then empowered to act boldly. A leader is someone who understands some truth, or a distortion of it, and who feeds people understanding. Once we hear what we can understand of a truth and agree with, we become less fearful of an unknown, and also feel empowered to act boldly.
The danger is that nobody really knows or understands TRUTH the way God does. Even the message revealed to us through Jesus is a distortion of the TRUTH, because we hear it with ears which cannot hear, or see it with eyes which cannot see. We naturally have fear, then, of TRUTH (God), but not the one who reveals it (Jesus)...
Still, while nobody understands TRUTH, we offer ourselves what we think is truth or distort what we hear in order to understand it thereby removing our fear of it...
However, it is impossible to know completely, absolutely, 100 percent of God's TRUTH... therefore, naturally be fearful of it.

Last edited:
J

jkalyna

i fear me the most. But im clinging for my life to the Lord. To protect me from me.
well abiding, were supposed to be dead, crucified. but thanks for sharing

C

Christabel

well abiding, were supposed to be dead, crucified. but thanks for sharing
What was wrong with Abiding's point? I agree, it's ourselves we must fear the most. It's Christ who delivers us from our fleshly selves. If what you're saying is that it's easy to die to yourself, then you just wait and see. All he said was that he is clinging to the Lord. And you rebuke that?

J

jkalyna

What was wrong with Abiding's point? I agree, it's ourselves we must fear the most. It's Christ who delivers us from our fleshly selves. If what you're saying is that it's easy to die to yourself, then you just wait and see. All he said was that he is clinging to the Lord. And you rebuke that?
lol sorry you took it as seriously. God bless you

A

Abiding

me!!!!!!!!