What Do You People DO All Day, Anyway?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Nuke pooch every little boy in the world wants your job. When my son was a toddler his favorite thing to do was watch construction. When they knocked down the building across the street from us he was in heaven.
Sweet ! Now, I got a new name for nukedpoochers. nukedpoochthebuilder . You haven't come across any 'Bobs,' have you, ole buddy :D
------------------

nukedpoochersthebuilder:
4:30PM Head home, covered in filth, and satisfied with a good day's labor.
Why are you coming home covered in filth when you work in a cab all day ?

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NukePooch

Nuke pooch every little boy in the world wants your job. When my son was a toddler his favorite thing to do was watch construction. When they knocked down the building across the street from us he was in heaven.

Every little boy? Try every big boy too!

I work in a scrapyard on an Army base.
The Colonel in charge of the whole base keeps telling us that we have the best job on the base...and that when he retires, he's gonna come work for free, just so he can play with the big boy toys.

N

NukePooch

Sweet ! Now, I got a new name for nukedpoochers. nukedpoochthebuilder . You haven't come across any 'Bobs,' have you, ole buddy :D
------------------

nukedpoochersthebuilder:

Why are you coming home covered in filth when you work in a cab all day ?

Well, I don't do a whole lot of 'building' but rather 'scrapping', as in 'tearing apart' and 'sorting'.
Why do I get dirty? Well, everything we deal with is filthy, and quite often it takes manual labor when the machines don't cut it. For instance, the electromagnet on the Fuchs does well with the steel, but the aluminum, plastic, paper, cardboard, etc takes muscles. It all depends on what we've got and what we need to do with it. I'm out in the weather quite a bit, and inside as well, in air-conditioned cabs and on my feet in the sun. It all depends on the day.

Dec 26, 2012
Mon- I herd cats and do miscellaneous cat-herding related paperwork. Teach a little piano after work. I used to have a rehearsal with a community choir, but they ended the season. Will start up again in the fall.

Tue- Early cat herding and related paperwork day so I can pick up my kid. Hang out with her, get her involved in making dinner with me, nag her about practicing the piano and doing homework.

Wed- Wake kid up the first time....wake her up the second time 20 minutes later. Get her to school. A late day of Cat Herding. I have it arranged with my boss that I start Wednesdays in the area that I drop the kid off. I have a lot of time between then and when I start at 10:00. I like to sit in a coffee shop, reading the Bible from my android and pretending that my life is wonderful. After work, I have rehearsal at church.

Thurs- My longest day of cat herding - about 10 hours. I teach a lot of piano after work on this day, too. I am exhausted.

Fri- A short day of cat herding. If I planned my hours right, I only have about fifteen minutes of paperwork time after coming back from the field. I pick up both kids and take them to their piano lessons. I make them dinner when we get home, and they assign letter grades to the meal I prepared :p.

Sat- Lazy mornings of talking to God, French pressed coffee, and CC. I teach a little bit in the afternoon, but sometimes will reschedule and take the kids on a day trip to San Francisco or Tahoe, or some event that might be happening downtown here.

Sun- I get up early so I can have another non-so-lazy morning of talking to God and having French pressed coffee. Off to church. I often play either french horn or piano in the service, so I need to be early for the sound check.

Trying to get better about spending more time in the Word as well....my mind is clearer for that at night, so I need to work on getting better disciplined. I'm also looking for a Bible Study group...but don't know when to fit it in.

UMM But what happens when you don't herd the cats on Sat? Sunday I understand but TWO fulls days of not herding cats?
And is this how you do it? (This did like a job I could handle)

[video=youtube;Pk7yqlTMvp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8[/video]

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Tight schedule? That's taut, as Clint Eastwood walking on a tightrope, fen !

And, wow, what kind of free time is that? Five minutes. That worse than a slave driver, didn't you get the memo from Abraham Lincoln :D
[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]
Seriously, that's a great schedule, just hope the time is there for you and your hubby, I know, I know, it's tough to have quality time with your husband when you have sooooo much going on with the KIDS ! But, God is good, God is faithful, He will provide . In many ways. More than we may realize even is His provision there for us, in fact, He's always there for us, so, that tells you about your provision, too.

Oh, yer kidding, ha, ha. I get it now. They get 10 minutes of free time. :D But, you know, I think as a kid, free time is overrated, especially when kids do what they want. Kids need help, and, IF my nephew could do what he wanted for free time all the time, he'd be in front of the xbox 360 or playing Fruit Ninja on his KindleFire .

so, yeah, that's quite regimented, but, idle time is of The Devil and so keeping the kids busy IF they are willing to do it like you have scheduled there, that IS The Lord's leading, and, in a sense, His providing for you, and, in this case that provision is 'blessings.' I think, most parents would love it IF there kids would get up at 3:30AM . And, i thought my 5A
M or 4AM was early, wow, you got me beat by a whole 1800 seconds, milady :D

Green Nice, I'm confused did you think my post was serious?

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Our day starts at 3:30 AM, we're on a tight schedule.

3:30. Wake up get dressed

3:35 breakfast and German lesson

4:05 bathroom break then daughter to ice skating lesson, son to Gymnastic Olympic training

7:00 AM More German and protein shakes.

7:30 coaches review, where did we go wrong? How can we do it better?

8:00 school

8:05 kids at school time for a brisk 20 mile walk.

8:35 swim 12 miles

9:05 sharp, come home throw out anything of enjoyment the kids may have brought home.

10:00 Am prepare notes for, Tiger Mom's, how to rip the joy of living from your child.

1:00 PM discuss seminar with weak Mother's, try to get them on board.

3:00 pick children up from school, sing a round of songs from The Sound Of Music.

3:30 homework

4:00 free time for children.

4:05 time for piano lessons.

5:05 dinner

6:00 PM television

6:10 brush teeth and bed.

I know I give my children to much free time and you believe I live my life this way, I'm kidding.
I think one of my piano students has you as his mom! A typical post-lesson conversation:

Tiger Mom: How'd he do?

Me: The practicing is paying off! He had a great lesson!

Tiger Mom: (to kid) See? Practice is working. You need to practice more!! :D

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Cathearder those tiger mom's are scary.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I hate routine.

Everyday is different.

I bike, I hike and Run.

I eat I sleep and I have fun.

All this happens in a 24 hour period.

Oh and I work somewhere in there too.

G

Greenolive

Fenner: 3:35 breakfast and German lesson

Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Interessant!

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Sorry Green Olivie I don't really speak German. My kids are learning Latin in school so I'm learning some of that. I'm not really an obsessive tiger Mom. :)

May 20, 2013
- Get up (anywhere between 7 and 10, depending on which day it is)
- Take a shower
- Get dressed
- Go to school or work
- Skip lunch (I know, not very healthy. Usually I just forget to eat)
- Come home (anywhere between 3 and 7, depending on if it was a school and/or work day)
- Unwind, usually with a book
- Grab something to eat
- Get homework and housework done
- Take a nap (sometimes)
- Hop on to CC @ midnight, which is when all the really convo's take place :D
- Fall asleep @ 3-ish

Saturdays are different. I'll get up around 9. Do housework. Go to church band practice at 3. Then head off to my aunt's. She'll cook or bake or whatever and the fam will get together and play cards and stuff. CC around 11, till maybe 3 or 4. Depends. Usually everyone's up later on Fridays and Saturdays.

Sundays I have to be in church by 10. I sing in the band (love it). After church, scavenge for food. Take a nap. Then off to my aunt's again for - you guessed it - awesome food and family fun.

G

Greenolive

Sorry Green Olivie I don't really speak German. My kids are learning Latin in school so I'm learning some of that. I'm not really an obsessive tiger Mom. :)
Ok, have fun learning Latin:)

T

Tintin

When I'm working my average day is:

Wake up and get ready for work
Go to school - Teach
Return home (visit chiropractor fortnightly, visit the library once a week (min), buy petrol and/or groceries, if needed)
Grab a bite to eat and surf the Net
Watch some TV or a movie
Have Tea/Dinner
Surf the Net (or Bible study, depending on the night)
Get ready for bed
Read a book
Sleep

(If it's Friday night, I might be out with friends for a meal or watching a movie or having a board game night)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tintin

Saturday:

Generally consists of sleeping in, doing jobs around the house, family meal, catching up with friends, reading a book (occasionally meeting for book club), surfing the Net, playing a board game (or something similar), watching some TV or a movie, going for a walk and surfing the Net.

Sunday:

Sleeping in, surfing the Net, family meal, going for a walk, watching a movie, reading a book, surfing the Net, going to church and then food and fellowship time after church.

(Occasionally, I'll play a video game or two (Minecraft or Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood at the moment) but I haven't done that for awhile now).