What do you think of Alex Jones and Infowars ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 20, 2011
I've been listening to Alex Jones for the last year now. It's a radio talk show that comes on daily. He's very popular as he exposes the new world order and the Illuminati and stuff like that. If you're curious about that you can get the smart phone app or you can listen here:

Listen to the Radio Show Archive Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I was wondering if anyone else has listened to him before? And if so what you think of him and his information? I'm having some conflicting opinions. On the one hand the show is very interesting, almost addictive to listen to. But on the other hand it's such a negative message. Because as he's ranting about how bad the NWO is that's the whole point, all he talks about is "how bad they are". So it's not a very calming show. I don't know what to make of it. I have learned tons from the show that's for sure. Information that I never knew before. Alex Jones does claim to be a Christian too and I believe him.

But is this type of show healthy for a Christian to listen to or not? and why? Let me know.

U

Ugly

Not sure i've heard the show, but i've heard of Inforwars in general. Personally, i think this stuff is ok, if listened to, and taken in moderation. But i feel focusing too much on these things is focusing on the enemy too much. And focusing too much on theories. Really the question is does God want me putting all this focus, time and attention on the theoretical affairs of humans and the ploys of the devil, or on Him?
Sure, there is a place in a persons life to know whats going on around them. And to know the plans and tactics of the enemy. but its only a small place.

D

dmdave17

Really the question is does God want me putting all this focus, time and attention on the theoretical affairs of humans and the ploys of the devil, or on Him?
Sure, there is a place in a persons life to know whats going on around them. And to know the plans and tactics of the enemy. but its only a small place.
I find that I must respectfully disagree with your premise, and I do so with an eye toward the "great commission". Jesus told His followers, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." (Matthew 28:19-20)

In order to effectively witness for Christ, I believe that we need to know what we are up against. The devil is constantly working to counteract the message of the Gospel, and unfortunately his attempts have been growing more successful with the passage of time. I believe that we need to understand the message that he is putting forth so we can combat it effectively with our own message of salvation. Remember, the "world" has always leaned away from God; not toward Him. Therefore, we should understand "the world's" thinking.

Peter foresaw this very situation in his first letter to the fledgling Christian Church. "But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened. But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." (1 Peter 3:14-16, emphasis added)

Therefore, I do believe that we need to stay abreast of the latest secular thinking, so that we can offer a clear alternative viewpoint that incorporates God's Word into peoples' daily lives.

God bless.

Oct 20, 2011
Not sure i've heard the show, but i've heard of Inforwars in general. Personally, i think this stuff is ok, if listened to, and taken in moderation. But i feel focusing too much on these things is focusing on the enemy too much. And focusing too much on theories. Really the question is does God want me putting all this focus, time and attention on the theoretical affairs of humans and the ploys of the devil, or on Him?

I think you pretty much nailed it. And it's interesting stuff but the other factor is that it's a business for him so I'm not sure where the motivations lay. Ya I still listen, not sure what else is worth listening to these days but I guess I should look around and find something more Godly. Thanks.