bashing how? are they bringing out obvious signs that he is not the right person for you? I will tell you i have had people bash my husband sense day one. I stuck up for him and said oh no he is not a bad person he will change the ways that he needs to etc..... Guess what they were right I was wrong... People on the outside of the relationship tend to see many things that the person in the relationship will turn a blind eye too. Now if they are nit picking little nonsense things then maybe tell them off but most likely they are sending may day signals to you and are trying to sound alarms you are not seeing yourself. I can not judge because i do not know what they are saying but maybe you should try to digest it and take a deeper look take a look from the out of the box view.